Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 12:48 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,050,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I’m not saying you are lying, I am saying your attorney friend is fos. Two completely different things
I know I'm not lying and I didn't take that as your implication. I'm saying it's way more likely my friend is right than you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Usually medical claims and negligence are two separate things in your policy ..

When someone gets hurt on your property for the most part the insurance company will cover medical bills regardless of fault …there is a low limit on most homeowner policies for this ..this. Has nothing to do with liability insurance .

Any claim for fault is generally a separate issue and is covered under liability insurance
Which points to the notion that the property owner is more or less always somehow/someway at fault. If not why would the medical claims portion of policies more or less always pay?

Old 06-17-2021, 02:52 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I know I'm not lying and I didn't take that as your implication. I'm saying it's way more likely my friend is right than you are.
Your attorney friend who states an owner is “always” responsible/liable is complete BS. I don’t need to know you or him to understand that there is zero chances this is accurate. You should be able to recognize it as well

Old 06-17-2021, 03:22 PM

10,703 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Which points to the notion that the property owner is more or less always somehow/someway at fault. If not why would the medical claims portion of policies more or less always pay?
Talk to your insurance agent. Ask them about your potential liability due to a third party injuring themself on your property as a result of their own stupidity, with no negligence on your part.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Talk to your insurance agent. Ask them about your potential liability due to a third party injuring themself on your property as a result of their own stupidity, with no negligence on your part.
100%............My wife is CIO of a large insurance company and one of my best friends - saw him today AAMoF - co-founded a very large MGA. I've listened to lots of horror stories.

Old 06-20-2021, 07:54 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breanntisien View Post
I have been in a horrible car accident a few years ago and the doctors had to perform five surgeries on me.
My wife and I were in a highway head on crash 1/1/17, nearly killed her. The other driver was at fault and didn't survive. Her pyramid scheme paid us $25K. My wife survived 4 potentially lethal injuries due to very impressive paramedic, emergency and surgical care. She had at least 8 surgeries. Her ObamaCare pyramid scheme paid off her $1.3M in medical bills. Our own insurance pyramid scheme paid us $1.3M in unrecovered liability/damages.

Old 06-20-2021, 07:58 PM

9,846 posts, read 7,709,490 times
Quote:
Who is saying they more or less always pay? I just went through this, fell at my son's house and incurred a huge hospital bill. Absolutely no negligence, it was an accident. I got the standard $5,000 medical payment that is typical for most homeowner policies.

Honestly, I'm sure they were thrilled to write that measly check when they saw how high my bills were.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:12 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,246,866 times
Ponzi schemes and pyramid schemes are not the same.

A Ponzi scheme involves a money manager paying out early redemptions with new investor money. These always collapse.

A pyramid scheme involves a salesman recruiting other salesmen to sell something, and taking a cut of the junior salesman's revenue. The junior salesman can in turn recruit his own lackeys and get a cut of their revenue. Pyramid schemes can actually be sustainable if there is enough demand for the product and the pyramid does not have too many layers, and if junior salesmen don't pre-purchase too much inventory. Another name for pyramid schemes is multi-level marketing.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Who is saying they more or less always pay? I just went through this, fell at my son's house and incurred a huge hospital bill. Absolutely no negligence, it was an accident. I got the standard $5,000 medical payment that is typical for most homeowner policies.

Honestly, I'm sure they were thrilled to write that measly check when they saw how high my bills were.

You missed my point just as the other poster did. It's not that the property owner or his/her insurance will always pay........but instead that the property owner is always/nearly always responsible.

And you hit the nail on the head of my point.........no one was at fault in any obvious way for your injury and still insurance paid.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:19 PM

121 posts, read 81,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My wife and I were in a highway head on crash 1/1/17, nearly killed her. The other driver was at fault and didn't survive. Her pyramid scheme paid us $25K. My wife survived 4 potentially lethal injuries due to very impressive paramedic, emergency and surgical care. She had at least 8 surgeries. Her ObamaCare pyramid scheme paid off her $1.3M in medical bills. Our own insurance pyramid scheme paid us $1.3M in unrecovered liability/damages.
Sounds like a great pyramid scheme to me! Sign me up... I don't understand how people can carry such low state minimum limits...25k is not nearly enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics