Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:22 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
If I wanted to hear a bunch of old guys talk about better days and ride their tractors to work I'd visit Merced or Fresno. Plus being Asian they'll probably expect me to know kung fu or open a Chinese restaurant.

This is the funniest posting I've read for days! You keep us in stitches, Perma!

It's people like you who keep these threads alive and interesting, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 11:43 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
sure, they might have free education, but you end up with doctors making $1,000/month in some EU countries, where someone could make that per week in the US without medical school
Other than, perhaps Bulgaria and Romania, where do MDs make $1,000 a month?

Old 09-27-2017, 03:13 PM

3,502 posts, read 2,664,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
It's very easy to deflate artifical housing prices. All you have to do is raise interest rates above 4% from the current 1%. You will see housing prices collapsing very quickly. You can cut these fake housing prices in 3 months, just raise rates. Raise rates above 10% and you can cut housing prices by 70%.

This low interest scam created by the FED to support Wall Street Crooks and Banks that should all be bankrupt today is destroying our free economy, killing our Capitalism and killing our middle class + poor citizens. We need to reject a managed economy that the Federal Reserve is promoting for its own gain. We need to accept the free market again before its too late!!!
That’s not true, I purchased houses rentals and my personal house during that time. Rentals, I could get the original VA or FHA interest of around 8 or 9%. My new house in 83 cost $250K @ 16.5 % interest. CD's paid about 11% or 12% interest, savings account somewhat less. Things did not go bad, until the Texas housing market collapse. In my opinion, worse than the last housing bubble. Not because of high interest rates, it was the oil bust.

Last edited by txfriend; 09-27-2017 at 03:32 PM..

Old 09-27-2017, 03:40 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
That’s not true, I purchased houses rentals and my personal house during that time. Rentals, I could get the original VA or FHA interest of around 8 or 9%. My new house in 83 cost $250K @ 16.5 % interest. CD's paid about 11% or 12% interest, savings account somewhat less. Things did not go bad, until the Texas housing market collapse. In my opinion, worse than the last housing bubble. Not because of high interest rates, it was the oil bust.
250k in Texas in the early 80s? So basically a 500-1000 acre ranch?

Old 09-27-2017, 03:59 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,254,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
It's very easy to deflate artifical housing prices. All you have to do is raise interest rates above 4% from the current 1%. You will see housing prices collapsing very quickly. You can cut these fake housing prices in 3 months, just raise rates. Raise rates above 10% and you can cut housing prices by 70%.

This low interest scam created by the FED to support Wall Street Crooks and Banks that should all be bankrupt today is destroying our free economy, killing our Capitalism and killing our middle class + poor citizens. We need to reject a managed economy that the Federal Reserve is promoting for its own gain. We need to accept the free market again before its too late!!!
I thought we had already told you to remove the tinfoil hat?

Old 09-27-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
250k in Texas in the early 80s? So basically a 500-1000 acre ranch?
Ha, no. Just a 3200 sq ft, single story, corner house in a nice city.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Ha, no. Just a 3200 sq ft, single story, corner house in a nice city.
Probably would be worth about the same then. You didn't say lot size. Also you got ripped off.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Probably would be worth about the same then. You didn't say lot size. Also you got ripped off.
That is always a possibility with RE. On the other hand we have many Californians wanting to buy it for only $500K. It also has a nice pool now. If you can find new construction in this city, it would start at $600K.

The house is free and clear. Just $16K yearly for tax, insurance, yard and pool maintenance, and general upkeep. So I’m happy and will not sell.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
That is always a possibility with RE. On the other hand we have many Californians wanting to buy it for only $500K. It also has a nice pool now. If you can find new construction in this city, it would start at $600K.

The house is free and clear. Just $16K yearly for tax, insurance, yard and pool maintenance, and general upkeep. So I’m happy and will not sell.
lol that's super cheap. Hayward ca which has ranch houses that sell for that much was less than 100k in the 80s.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:16 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
I thought we had already told you to remove the tinfoil hat?
Who are those WE??????? You can't accept the TRUTH, can't you? Same goes for all those "WE" you are referring to.

You can't accept the fact that everything since 2001, especially since 2008 has been a scam, engineered scam by our Fed. Artificially low interest rates are scam. Keeping interest rates artificially low for all those years is criminal!!!!

Lying about inflation and cutting out or devaluating most of what shows inflation, namely housing, education, and health care (the main places where it counts) is criminal!!!

Current overinflated housing prices need to be deflated by at least 50% so that American citizens can afford to buy them again. How you deflate inflated housing prices, inflated rents, inflated education and health care costs..... = higher interest rates and stronger us dollar!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics