Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 05:01 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Funny I believe earlier in this thread you stated you joined the military. So why? Did you do it because you were poor? Came from a poor background? If so then your story is pretty much the same as a lot of folks in this country including my dad and brother's. Only they have humility towards poverty and poor people and not arrogance and not a sense of superiority.

Ultimately since you've made it out relatively okay you have Uncle Sam's backing for life.
Yes, poor black people join the military to get out of poverty. Sorry you never heard of this new idea before.

It’s not a sense of superiority, it’s a sense of not starving to death or waiting for some politician to “bring back jobs.”

You’re not poor in this country until you’ve exhausted all options to escape poverty. Including signing your life away. You’re just lazy. I would still be flipping burgers in Texas living in my parents house, instead of living in Hawaii, if I was happy with being a victim.

I wish I had Uncle Sam’s backing for life. Sadly I’ve utilized my GI Bill to finish school so I will no longer need his backing. But I see that other poor people are are still waiting for Trump to bring jobs back, good luck. I got tired of waiting for politcians to legislate me out of poverty.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-04-2018 at 05:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 06:40 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I would never work that hard to make a vulture sociopath rich.
I think I'm beginning to understand you better now, and your frustrations with USA labor market that is at full employment and record high real wages.

This also provides a lot more insight into your desperate quest for a federal job, and the many manufactured lies about the barriers to getting one.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
you like to use statistics that include all kinds of unlike situations, scenarios, job types, etc.

When I speak of the economy, the nation, etc. I am excluding much of the lowest common denominators that you like to include.

When I want to join the military I want to fly fighters not push a mop or be some generic infantry man
When I get a job I want to be an engineer, doctor, scientist not a mop pusher
When I refer to the poor being worse off I am not refering to war lord ran african nations, I am refering to fellow first world industrialized nations.
So in other words all the absolute statements you make to rationalize your frustrations and failures need to have a big implied asterisk because they are only true in your own mind where you can apply HappyLandia filters.

Quote:
As america why do we even allow this sort of data to be entered into the statistics, so we can say hey we are better than Pakistan?
We allow all data to enter into statistics because we are interested in the big picture and real facts. Your personal habit of just saying whatever pops into your head whether it is true or false, then later trying to rationalize it into truth by including/excluding information to suit your fantasies does not apply in normal discourse.

Quote:
The people in these nations that you like to keep bringing up are being exploited as cheap labor because they lack the means to militarily defend themselves. They are coerced to work brutal jobs with low enough pay that they can never really get out ... and that is by design. Hard labor jobs in mines should be paying 40-60 USD per hour, do you think thats what they make?
India, China, and Pakistan can't militarily defend themselves? They are all nuclear powers with massive military forces and defense budgets.

Hard labor jobs should not be paying $40-$60 per hour in a country where a meal costs $1.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:14 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes, poor black people join the military to get out of poverty. Sorry you never heard of this new idea before.

It’s not a sense of superiority, it’s a sense of not starving to death or waiting for some politician to “bring back jobs.â€

You’re not poor in this country until you’ve exhausted all options to escape poverty. Including signing your life away. You’re just lazy. I would still be flipping burgers in Texas living in my parents house, instead of living in Hawaii, if I was happy with being a victim.

I wish I had Uncle Sam’s backing for life. Sadly I’ve utilized my GI Bill to finish school so I will no longer need his backing. But I see that other poor people are are still waiting for Trump to bring jobs back, good luck. I got tired of waiting for politcians to legislate me out of poverty.
Hmm, being I was also in the military (army guard) most people dont get to go to Hawaii, or if they do it is only when they re-up and even then its at the needs of the military. How many people are still in iraq and afghanastan?

Do you know who else had to sign their life away to not starve to death ... mid evil serfs and peasants. Just let that sink in.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
So in other words all the absolute statements you make to rationalize your frustrations and failures need to have a big implied asterisk because they are only true in your own mind where you can apply HappyLandia filters.

We allow all data to enter into statistics because we are interested in the big picture and real facts. Your personal habit of just saying whatever pops into your head whether it is true or false, then later trying to rationalize it into truth by including/excluding information to suit your fantasies does not apply in normal discourse.

India, China, and Pakistan can't militarily defend themselves? They are all nuclear powers with massive military forces and defense budgets.

Hard labor jobs should not be paying $40-$60 per hour in a country where a meal costs $1.
In my discourse I dont allow people to poison statistics with slave labor or pseduo slave labor (coersed labor/ force). That is what is going on around much of the world. If you want to legitimize these sorts of behaviors then that just shows who you are.

I dont know how Pakastan got nuclear power as they are just as backwards as afghanatan.

How much are the mine owners making?

I am refering to nuclear proliferation of stateless entities, its obvious that nations like china and india are willing to sell out their own people. But when smaller sub sets or groups of people have military leverage then it upsets the entire apple cart. If plutonium became much easier to make it could be a game changer.

For sake of argument, lets say all the tin miners had access to nuclear weapons, how much do you think the mine owner would be paying or do you think he would even still retain ownership? How did he get the ownership in the first place? Etc

All of this discussion is based on leverage or lack of leverage, military leverage, because at the end of the day the police state is all that stands in the way of an angry work force and the ownership class.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:16 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Hmm, being I was also in the military (army guard) most people dont get to go to Hawaii, or if they do it is only when they re-up and even then its at the needs of the military. How many people are still in iraq and afghanastan?

Do you know who else had to sign their life away to not starve to death ... mid evil serfs and peasants. Just let that sink in.
Living in Hawaii and driving a corvette isn’t the point. The point is I was poor so I joined and now I’m not poor. Some poor people don’t join, that’s not my fault.

I’m not sure what your point is. I’ll gladly be a peasent for Uncle Sam so long as I’m not flipping burgers in Texas in my mother’s basement. Not to worry, I know friends who opted to still flip burgers.

The world needs burger flippers and ditch diggers too. The biggest misconception in this country is that poor people didn't choose to be poor. As a former burger flipper who worked with middle aged burger flippers, I disagree. The folks I worked with making $7 an hour have no intention of going to college or joining the military to escape their situation, ever. They all knew I joined, they didn't care. Who wants to get yelled at for 8 weeks?

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-04-2018 at 02:38 PM..

Old 04-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Do you know who else had to sign their life away to not starve to death
Sheesh man do you actually communicate this way in person, where almost every statement has some ridiculous over exaggeration to the point where nobody can take you seriously? You admit you won't work hard, you can't utter two sentences without one being false, and you wonder why you find run into so many barriers in an easy labor market?

People do not starve to death in USA. Nobody in the US military joined to avoid starving to death.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
In my discourse I dont allow people to poison statistics with slave labor or pseduo slave labor (coersed labor/ force). That is what is going on around much of the world. If you want to legitimize these sorts of behaviors then that just shows who you are.
Ignoring facts because they aren't suitable to your worldview doesn't help you make informed decisions, and acknowledging facts doesn't equate to legitimizing it equates to accepting reality instead of the bizarro filtered TallTaleLandia that you live in.

Quote:
I dont know how Pakastan got nuclear power as they are just as backwards as afghanatan
Well it wouldn't be a pittsflyer post without a statement that is false.

Quote:
How much are the mine owners making?

I am refering to nuclear proliferation of stateless entities, its obvious that nations like china and india are willing to sell out their own people. But when smaller sub sets or groups of people have military leverage then it upsets the entire apple cart. If plutonium became much easier to make it could be a game changer.

For sake of argument, lets say all the tin miners had access to nuclear weapons, how much do you think the mine owner would be paying or do you think he would even still retain ownership? How did he get the ownership in the first place? Etc

All of this discussion is based on leverage or lack of leverage, military leverage, because at the end of the day the police state is all that stands in the way of an angry work force and the ownership class.
This is nonsensical gibberish.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Sheesh man do you actually communicate this way in person, where almost every statement has some ridiculous over exaggeration to the point where nobody can take you seriously? You admit you won't work hard, you can't utter two sentences without one being false, and you wonder why you find run into so many barriers in an easy labor market?

People do not starve to death in USA. Nobody in the US military joined to avoid starving to death.
There is literally no difference between the logic of joining the military to avoid poor living conditions as there was putting your head in the barrons hands to avoid poor living conditions in the middle ages.

The fact that poor people have the choice between military or burger flipping means maybe we need a nuclear war to thin out the population (I say nuclear war because then everyone from the poor to the elites have skin in the game) so that labor has value again.

The issue today, much like the middle ages, is that labor has little to no value due to the over supply of people.

Its not an exaggeration. Also I never said I dont want to work hard, I dont want to toil doing hard labor for free. I do intellectual work because it pays, but so should hard labor.

I would rather starve than work for free (or the company store) or put my head in uncle sams lap.

When you join the military as a pee on you are quite litterally signing up to be a serf to fight the elites wars. We have not fought a war for the freedom of the average american since WW2.

People should be able to, you know, go get a normal job to escape poverty, not be compelled to go shoot strangers over seas so that the filthy rich can steal their oil or what ever other natural resource.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Ignoring facts because they aren't suitable to your worldview doesn't help you make informed decisions.

Well it wouldn't be a pittsflyer post without a statement that is false.

This is nonsensical gibberish.
Is it nonsense?

If the world broke up into a bunch of lichtinstines who all had massive nuclear capabilities you dont think the world would be a much more polite nicer place to live? I most certianly think it would.

Oh you want to take our tin mine and make people work in brutal conditions for cheap, nah I dont think so and our 100 nuclear cruise missles are going to make sure you smile and say oh ok im sorry.

You dont get to exploit everyone, you just leave your property behind and thats that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics