Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2017, 02:10 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
that is just down right stupid and utterly crazy. Reason why is because salaries in the area are in that range? One thing i do notice from areas, they always price rent/houses base on the high end of the pay scale.. thinking they can get those people to pay your prices.
The market will always dictate what rent can be. When you are in an area everyone wants to be in you will always get premium rents.
While much of the country has housing to salary ratios that make financial sense, people will pay much more and sacrifice a lot in exchange to live in San Francisco. Add the fact that there are some high earners that can afford it and that is why there are outrageous rents and housing costs.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:10 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Sometimes knowing the difference between your and you're can lead to higher income

Sometimes, but not most times. Most times, knowing the difference between your and you're will get you nothing.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
The market will always dictate what rent can be. When you are in an area everyone wants to be in you will always get premium rents.
While much of the country has housing to salary ratios that make financial sense, people will pay much more and sacrifice a lot in exchange to live in San Francisco. Add the fact that there are some high earners that can afford it and that is why there are outrageous rents and housing costs.

The market operates only within political boundaries which restrict supply. Since homeowners have the votes and dollars to make the rules, homeowners usually can rig the market to redistribute wealth to themselves.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
if the courts did that, no one would rent out their homes...

renters would still be on the losing end because they would be on the streets

renters on the streets could build their own camps and live cheap.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What "huge down payment"?

I've bought a number of houses and never had to put down as much as $20,000.

Minimum wage earners don't make $20,000 in an entire year.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
so what do these renters want?

Old 09-28-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
"Renters trying to fight back"

Oh, I love that. Like renters are virtuous, downtrodden victims of Snidely Whiplash, the landlord.

You know what the definition of a renter is? Someone who can't manage their money.

Live beneath your means. Avoid self-destructive behavior.

Every time I have rented a place to someone it's been with the hope that it was just a brief stop on their road to homeownership.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

PLEASE tell us, exactly how a minimum wage earner in a big city can become a homeowner simply by managing their money to your highest standard.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so what do these renters want?
I don't know what other renters want, but I want a free housing market and the opportunity to purchase a tiny house on a tiny piece of land. I want to be king of my own tiny hovel, but government insists I be a serf in a rented mcmansion.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

PLEASE tell us, exactly how a minimum wage earner in a big city can become a homeowner simply by managing their money to your highest standard.
if he told you that then you wouldnt be a renter any more and then who would he oppress as a land owner? you are going to have to figure this out for yourself.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Just earn more money. Problem solved.

The earning capacity of some people is impaired by the bad actions of others. How would you solve that problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics