Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,307 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience with results from TWA Resales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steno View Post
Does anyone have experience with results from TWA Resales?
TWA Resales.. never heard of them. The only TWA I know about is the airline, which was bought out by American Airlines.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 PM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Think the post is in the wrong forum. It has to do with time shares. Maybe a mod. could move.

TWA Timeshare Resales, the U.S. leading timeshare resales agency

Old 12-16-2008, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 10,256 times
I received a high pressure call from this company. After researching them through the BBB, I found them under the name S.F.C. Group, Inc. They have had 15 complaints since April 2007 and this is what the BBB had to say.........
Industry Tips

[URL="http://www.orlando.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300180302616#"]Back To Top[/URL]
If you've been contacted by a company offering to sell or rent your timeshare the BBB advises using caution, especially if an advance fee is involved. While these companies claim to have ready buyers or renters, imply they are representing foreign investors; or that corporations are interested, most are just offering to advertise your timeshare for sale. Do not confuse the service of an advertising or marketing company with those of a real estate company. In most real estate transactions it is the buyer who puts up a desposit and the real estate company gets its commission from the seller only after the deal closes. Ask if the company's salepeople are licensed to sell real estate or whether they are selling an advertising program. If you're contacted by a marketing service, don't allow the caller to pressure you into making a hurried decision. Request detailed written information about the company's services, find out where they currently advertise and visit other Internet listings the company may have. Most company's can not tell you whether a timeshare has rented or sold because these are generally "For Sale (or Rent) By Owner advertisements. Fees for timeshare listing services can range from $295-$600 with little guarantee that your unit will be sold or rented. Be sure to get all promises in writing, but remember that even then, those promises are only as good as the company that stands behind them.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,835 times
Default Don't waste your money

My wife and I were anxious to sell our two timeshares. We were contacted by what turned out to be TWA resale. Of course, we were so ready to sell, we didn't do the proper amount of research before signing an agreement. This cost us almost $900.00. They promised us they could sell them in within 90 days. We have obviously learned our lesson. DONT' DO IT!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,239 times
Run as far as you can from this company... they are deceptive and make all kinds of false promises. I even visited their facility in Florida thinking it was a professional office. It was a dingy two room facility in a deserted strip mall. Stay away... far away... from TWA Resales

Old 10-22-2009, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,861 times
Default TWA resales did not honor contract

I do NOT recommend TWA Resales. The salesman will tell you that he can guarantee to rent out any extra timeshare weeks that you have within 60 -90 days, but when he has their business office contact you to run your credit card($600 in my case), they will state that their is no guarantee. I talked to the salesman again, and he basically said it was legal mumbo jumbo and that he had renters lined up to rent out my unused weeks. He also stated that I would have a certain number of days to review the contract when I received it in the mail and cancel if I wished.

After receiving the contract and reviewing it, I decided to cancel and returned it asking to cancel and have my credit card refunded. I mailed it in the required number of days and even sent it registered mail so I would have proof of delivery. They did not refund my card and never responded to the cancellation request or to two separate e-mails. I asked my credit card company to dispute the charge. TWA Resales never responded to the inquiry by my credit card company, but luckily, my credit card company issued the refund to me and said they would continue to pursue the issue with TWA Resales. TWA Resales at best has awful customer service and at worst seems fraudulent to me.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,546 times
My husband and I signed up with them back in DEC. 2007 and are using them to sell our timeshare . They have still not sold it for us and now that time has gone by, they are very difficult to contact. Every extension you use say's please leave your message and no one ever calls you back. I think we've been scammed!!!! God will make them pay at the end, but let's hope karma get's them before they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics