Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:10 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Thanks, wow 12+ pages and counting..

Good advice from most of you and i appreciate the self confidence you place on me. And no its not smelly house, just has that old wall smell you get when you havent been in a home for long period of time. I had others come over and visit and they said its just the panels they use back then and the glue is starting to release gas. So just need to have them come over and put up new panels, even tho it still looks brand new.

Now then, after talking to him a bit more via text and in person about my living situation, he still interested in having a pup. Its for his wife, and the breeders he was refer too are not having pups at the moment. Guess the puppy mills are seasonal thing now. He is willing to let me bring them to his house on a weekend if i feel more comfortable that way, but that will only just make my confidence look worst. So we are planning a visit at end of the month to pick one out and setup the vet visits when they are ready to leave the nest. Just where i am from, people think those that live in trailers are trashy people and have no high end paying job. I damn sure dont live trashy, nor have a high end job but pays the bills. Even tho we are one job lost away from living on the streets.
Hopefully we've at least convinced that not everyone automatically thinks "trash" when they hear about trailers, even if you do know some people who do.

And you do owe us puppy pictures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 01:15 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,314,638 times
Your first priority is to see that the pup gets a good home.
It's good that this guy is coming to your place because you will get to see what kind of a person he is when he interacts with the puppies, and you'll learn something about him as he reacts to your home. Although the pup is for his wife, the CFO will also be living in your puppy's new home, so it behooves you to be sure he doesn't have dog issues.

I had an acquaintance that raised Afghan Hounds, and they required prospective buyers come spend some get to know you time. They would not sell to someone that they didn't think could take good care of these rather odd dogs.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:36 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Hopefully we've at least convinced that not everyone automatically thinks "trash" when they hear about trailers, even if you do know some people who do.

And you do owe us puppy pictures!
Mommy being protective, so got one.. they have white spots where it will turn dark when they get little bit older. this is a pick after 3 day old.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Your first priority is to see that the pup gets a good home.
It's good that this guy is coming to your place because you will get to see what kind of a person he is when he interacts with the puppies, and you'll learn something about him as he reacts to your home. Although the pup is for his wife, the CFO will also be living in your puppy's new home, so it behooves you to be sure he doesn't have dog issues.

I had an acquaintance that raised Afghan Hounds, and they required prospective buyers come spend some get to know you time. They would not sell to someone that they didn't think could take good care of these rather odd dogs.
I did exactly that with her first litter, but with another lab. I charged 100 per pup just to weed out some bad owners. Once they showed up, i put a list together with their name and contact info and ask that they send pictures when they get older, out of 8 pups, we have 5 that stay in contact and went to great homes and become family members. The rest fell of the map and numbers changed. Kinda sting a little bit but i know 5 are in great places. This time around going to do the same thing but might be more proactive about it. Asking for Yards, no apt dewellers, just due to size.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:31 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,821 times
1) Spay or neuter your pets.
2) Your puppies are absolutely ADORABLE
3) Who dares what your boss thinks? He is certainly away that there are employees who make less money than him. I agree with previous comments; it will be good for him to see the housing employees can effort with what they’re being paid.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:57 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Yes, maybe a 500k house is well below his means.
Quite possible...

The owner of a large tool and die business lived in the same home he bought in 1950... nice enough out in the sticks back in 1950... his daughter had a horse...

At one time the most popular vehicle for millionaires was the F series pickups... even Sam Walton drove one...

The wealthiest friends my family had was a very large ranch owner... the guy is 4th generation rancher on one of the largest cattle ranches in the West... no way you could tell from the car he drove, the diner he went to in town or the pick up he drove...

On the other hand I have met those with expensive new cars, clothes etc applying to rent a home that I manage and they look the part but don't have much more than two nickles to rub together...

Another extreme is the Silicon Valley look... some of the wealthiest leave no clue....

Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Quite possible...

The owner of a large tool and die business lived in the same home he bought in 1950... nice enough out in the sticks back in 1950... his daughter had a horse...

At one time the most popular vehicle for millionaires was the F series pickups... even Sam Walton drove one...

The wealthiest friends my family had was a very large ranch owner... the guy is 4th generation rancher on one of the largest cattle ranches in the West... no way you could tell from the car he drove, the diner he went to in town or the pick up he drove...

On the other hand I have met those with expensive new cars, clothes etc applying to rent a home that I manage and they look the part but don't have much more than two nickles to rub together...

Another extreme is the Silicon Valley look... some of the wealthiest leave no clue....
I will add that as well as possibly being well below his means, maybe he only paid a lower price years ago. Maybe he bought it for 300 k. I believe parts of Texas have had pretty aggressive appreciation.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I will add that as well as possibly being well below his means, maybe he only paid a lower price years ago. Maybe he bought it for 300 k. I believe parts of Texas have had pretty aggressive appreciation.
Yes, and getting worst by the day.. but another forum that BS..

Old 07-12-2018, 06:35 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
So my dog recently had pups, and my boss who is a CFO of a mulit million dollar company, was interested in our pups. This guy lives in a 500k house and drives a tesla. So he is pretty set for life.. He wants to come and visit me and the dogs, and here im the poor man living in a 75 single wide trailer, in a trailer park.. as some might call us trailer park trash. .But we are the cleanest community around. yards mowed, trailers are kept clean and updated. Just doesnt feel right or comfortable. Wife got mad at me for downgrading us, as we arent "poor" by her standards, but my standards is yea ,were poor.. one step up from being homeless, or one job lost away from living on the streets poor. Any advice? Put this in economics as this about it at personal level.
I used to be poor and worried about such matters and now that I'm no longer poor I realize that I shouldn't have cared. Wealthy people (most anyway) don't want their wealth to obstruct their relationships with others regardless of that person's financial situation....just relax and converse.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:54 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I used to be poor and worried about such matters and now that I'm no longer poor I realize that I shouldn't have cared. Wealthy people (most anyway) don't want their wealth to obstruct their relationships with others regardless of that person's financial situation....just relax and converse.
That's definitely true. It's the most disappointing thing if someone acts weird around you just because they are poor and think somehow you're judging them for it. Who cares?! If you're a great person and fun to hang out with, I want to hang out with you, it doesn't matter what kind of money my friends have. I know some real D-bags with a lot of money and I wouldn't want to hang out with them at all. Money is only an issue if you make it an issue, and unfortunately there are a lot of people who are so self-conscious about their financial situation that it's hard to interact with them properly without it just becoming awkward.

Mostly it's the type who seems to want to bring it up constantly, like, "Must be nice to be able to afford..." Yeah if you ever start a sentence with that, friendship is over immediately. Been there, done that, never again. People need to leave their issues at the door as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics