Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 12:30 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,690,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why are you just outright lying?

From your own link:

That aligns with everything else I have seen. Flat wage growth.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:46 PM

654 posts, read 423,514 times
Rising gas prices will crash the housing market, the stock market has been over priced since 2012, the fed has created a big bubble with QE and low rates. How anyone can get ahead is beyond me. I've been investing in Peter Schiffs gold fund for the past 10 years, I'm going to cash it in and buy stocks when the next crash comes. I feel sorry for those who have invested in the grand Ponzi scheme. Bitcoin and gold are going to be the best investments for the next decade.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:49 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Since the OP isn't supporting their claims and making a bizarrely wild statement that the US is in an economic crisis I asked the mod to move this to the politics\controversies forum as this forum is for actual adult discussions of economics.
Yes indeed, good move.

OP sounded like a CNN commentator. Trump sucks, all lies, economy crashing unlike during the Obama Boom, Trump sucks...

Old 08-16-2018, 01:12 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Dow up over 400 pts today. oh no, the sky is falling!

Old 08-16-2018, 01:19 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,690,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22003yo View Post
Rising gas prices will crash the housing market, the stock market has been over priced since 2012, the fed has created a big bubble with QE and low rates. How anyone can get ahead is beyond me. I've been investing in Peter Schiffs gold fund for the past 10 years, I'm going to cash it in and buy stocks when the next crash comes. I feel sorry for those who have invested in the grand Ponzi scheme. Bitcoin and gold are going to be the best investments for the next decade.

Gold has been a poor investment. 2.5% return over the last 10 years. Imagine if you had that money in the S&P 10.06% return. Oh well its only money.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:36 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why are you just outright lying?

From your own link:

You are reading the month of July, not the year.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:44 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,766,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22003yo View Post

Hopefully we are dealing with sarcasm... but if not, you don't need to feel sorry for my portfolio which has more than tripled in the last decade. I do, however, feel sorry for your investment in gold that isn't coming close to growing as fast as rents, real estate, the stock market, or almost any other investment you could make over the last decade.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:46 PM

708 posts, read 720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith5a View Post
how can anyone with a sound mind think the US economy is doing "great"? I have never seen so many crummy jobs paying $10 or $12 an hour. many don't even pay $9/hourly. the wages adjusted for inflation are probably slightly less than they were 20 years ago. america is a declining economy and it's getting worse. we're not going to believe this propaganda coming from Mr. Trump and the US media. i've never believed it. nothing but lies! people are defaulting on student loans and living in cars and i'm sure it hasn't slowed down lately. does that sound like a "boom" to you?
Many parts of the country the economy is great and US figures back it up. Move to North Dakota, we have way more jobs then people. All good paying jobs. Two things you don't see is that some people don't want to move and they don't want any job you get drug tested for.
Those jobs pay more. Also education is a factor. You are only saying this because you don't like Trump. All kinds of people under every president have defaulted on student loans and lived in cars. That will never change. It is the lowest employment for Blacks and Hispanics ever, those stats did not come from Trump. You can complain about Trump all you want but economy is one place you will lose your argument.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:50 PM

106,560 posts, read 108,713,667 times
here in long island and nyc we have very good paying jobs .

what we have is a lack of presentable , hard working dedicated people who can pass a back ground check and a drug test . many have to interface with customers and clients and speak terrible english . many were let go from other companies for their work or work ethics .

in short the labor pool is a lot of unemployable people for many good jobs. the best of breed have long been snatched up

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-16-2018 at 02:04 PM..

Old 08-16-2018, 02:29 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
Many parts of the country the economy is great and US figures back it up. Move to North Dakota, we have way more jobs then people. All good paying jobs. Two things you don't see is that some people don't want to move and they don't want any job you get drug tested for.
Those jobs pay more. Also education is a factor. You are only saying this because you don't like Trump. All kinds of people under every president have defaulted on student loans and lived in cars. That will never change. It is the lowest employment for Blacks and Hispanics ever, those stats did not come from Trump. You can complain about Trump all you want but economy is one place you will lose your argument.
In fairness, the economy was really starting to roll before took office so he can't take all the credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics