Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 03:20 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Yes, I believe you are wasting your time here.

There is a button at the end of every post here that is labeled "QUOTE," using that button will refer what you wrote directly to whatever content you are commenting upon regardless of who posted it. To simply make offhand comments in post number 34 without benefit of using that "QUOTE" button leaves open the question of which of the previous 33 posts it refers to.

Perhaps rather than including goofy pictures in your posts you'd consider making clear references to what you're talking about - that would be a start in articulating your message.
A goofy picture?

That confirms it. You guys are sociopaths.

Let me show you another picture.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 03:21 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Yes, I believe you are wasting your time here.

There is a button at the end of every post here that is labeled "QUOTE," using that button will refer what you wrote directly to whatever content you are commenting upon regardless of who posted it. To simply make offhand comments in post number 34 without benefit of using that "QUOTE" button leaves open the question of which of the previous 33 posts it refers to.

Perhaps rather than including goofy pictures in your posts you'd consider making clear references to what you're talking about - that would be a start in articulating your message.

it's funny , i often wonder what these goofy charts and things that are posted by jobster are supposed to represent or why even bother without a commentary .

Old 09-25-2018, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Unless future politicians decide to raise taxes to pay off the national debt, our kids won't be paying more.
all i know is for the 40 years i spent in the work force and as an investor all i heard about was the countries debt and how it will destroy us .

well we are still here and thriving and have the lowest tax rates i have ever had .

Old 09-25-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it's funny , i often wonder what these goofy charts and things that are posted by jobster are supposed to represent or why even bother without a commentary .
You are neither stupid nor dense.

What is goofy about the numbers I posted from your GOVERNMENT?

It says the funds are GONE by 2034.

GONE.

Not even an apology. People better invest in robot care. 100%

Old 09-25-2018, 04:07 AM

I'm starting to realize that most people here got by on dumb luck or their daddies money. Lol. Well, no wonder why people think the charts I post are goofy. They are exactly what the pompous Talib was talking about in his randomness book.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:10 AM

i am not referring to that post . but you seem to just post links and charts with no commentary at all , in fact many times there is no post , it just will say "edit " . many times we can't even figure out why you post what you do.

social security is not going anywhere and like night follows day it will be fully funded in the 11th hour like all gov't actions are done. we find 12 billion in a heart beat for soy bean farmers or trillions for wars . we may see some changes along the way in perks or age for fra but you can bet your bottom dollar it will be fully funded one way or another .

all they have to do is pull ssdi off it and make ssdi part of welfare . that is what is draining the ss retirement money . all the abuse and fraud has drained ssdi and the retirement money had to be re-allocated .

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-25-2018 at 04:30 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 02:01 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You didn't read what I wrote correctly. I said, you must have missed the content I posted on THIS page.

However, perhaps the content was posted on another page for your device? I don't know.

Yes, senior's confidence should be rising because that confidence is built on the graves of their children's futures. I'm not sure how else I can articulate this.

Look at the numbers. What do you see? Am I wasting my time here?
Just a note here to state my old-guy opinion, at seventy three years of age I really find it hard to connect to your assumptions that my aged cohort is building anything on the graves of our children, or anyone else for that matter. The Op's contention that all is rosy for seniors, because a news piece says so, isn't something to get wound around the axle about. There are plenty of people who aren't in that cheerful group of confidant grey hairs, but, there is an indisputable advantage to being old enough to know that you will outlast your money, and believe it or not that really does inspire one, it, could be said, that it could easily lead to---confidence..Relax, it's just a way to pass the time son..So, no, you're not wasting anything by posting here...

Old 09-30-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Just a note here to state my old-guy opinion, at seventy three years of age I really find it hard to connect to your assumptions that my aged cohort is building anything on the graves of our children, or anyone else for that matter. The Op's contention that all is rosy for seniors, because a news piece says so, isn't something to get wound around the axle about. There are plenty of people who aren't in that cheerful group of confidant grey hairs, but, there is an indisputable advantage to being old enough to know that you will outlast your money, and believe it or not that really does inspire one, it, could be said, that it could easily lead to---confidence..Relax, it's just a way to pass the time son..So, no, you're not wasting anything by posting here...
Realize that some of my posting is hyperbole. I just want to point that it's important that we build up infrastructure for both the young and the old. Obviously, children are the future, so nothing needs to be said there, but one of my favorite things is seeing people that are your age and older that are fit, mobile, healthy, and happy.

I'm just a bit of an idealist, that's all. I do regret it when I'm offensive. I call my elders both sir and ma'am. I feel like everyone should be respected, so I apologize when I offend people, which I know I do and probably often. It's just an act. At some point, I'm sure I'll get banned.

In fact, if anyone did get offended, feel free to ask for my ban. It is what it is.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:14 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Realize that some of my posting is hyperbole. I just want to point that it's important that we build up infrastructure for both the young and the old. Obviously, children are the future, so nothing needs to be said there, but one of my favorite things is seeing people that are your age and older that are fit, mobile, healthy, and happy.

I'm just a bit of an idealist, that's all. I do regret it when I'm offensive. I call my elders both sir and ma'am. I feel like everyone should be respected, so I apologize when I offend people, which I know I do and probably often. It's just an act. At some point, I'm sure I'll get banned.

In fact, if anyone did get offended, feel free to ask for my ban. It is what it is.
I agree with you. We should be spending more money today on infrastructure, including the infrastructure and manpower needed with the future education and health care of our children.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:30 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Quote:

It looks as though we see some stuff in the same light, and yes we do need to work toward a more caring society for all not just the "winners." I'm seldom offended by the postings here on CD, I've been here too long to let the meatheads have too much to celebrate. I have eleven grandchildren between me and my wife's families. So, yes,I do worry about the youth in this country, the opportunities that were once plentiful are now gone missing for a big slice of the populace. So I do "get it" with regard to the fact of a shrinking pie in America, I just don't always have any answers, unlike those who seem to have answers at the ready 24/7, but, as the sagely Red Green always said, "we're all in this together.."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics