Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 10:33 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Winterfall8324, do you lock your house (apartment, duplex, teepee, whatever) when you are not there? I'd like to use it if I ever visit New Hampshire. I need your address. Also, leave your bicycle, I may need transportation.

Thanks, Rg
Funny, though if you actually read my posts, you'd know usage extends beyond presence, something I've repeated a million times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
If you had read the thread, or any of my other posts, you’d know that operation extends beyond presence.

If you are living in a house and that is your primary residency, then you are still living there when you leave for a while.
When you’re growing crops, and you leave the field, the crop yield is still yours as you are still working the land even for the period you stop.
Similarly, a car is still in usage when it’s not being driven, that is your car, that is your tool and means of transportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 11:07 AM

813 posts, read 600,452 times
I've read them, and some points I agree with (but not most). Just trying to lighten the mood.

Good luck, Rg

Old 10-16-2018, 11:12 AM

1,064 posts, read 622,806 times
Quote:
It’s a very real system that has and will be achieved again. Distribution of goods should be free in most cases, but specialized watches may have a charge.
I don’t want to pay anything. Just tell me what freebies I get.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:48 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,410 times
Quote:
It's obvious you don't care to read the links beyond the first paragraph.

the 1/2 (not third) that are still in existence are self sustaining societies that provide for themselves after being destroyed by government forces.

The Zapatistas for example have no intention of overthrowing the government, they just want to be left alone. The government can't allow that so they burn their crop fields are terrorize their citizens.

The second area of discussion is one that is based in international support. The zapatistas don't survive thanks to their own defensive capabilities, they do so by garnering international to support so that any direct invasion would be a political nightmare for the Mexican government.

You forget that today, the Zapatistas are attempting to deescalate tensions while the Mexican government (who has no interest in peace) is doing the exact opposite.

Again what you seem to not understand is the Zapatista have their own society that is constantly improving. They don't need state investments nor do they plan to conquer the government, they already have what they want, now they want to be left alone so that they can trade and grow their own local economy.

Dude when the first paragraph of the article YOU USE to defend this madness, starts off by it being a paramilitary group with pictures of dudes with artillery, I ain't misunderstanding anything.

lol, I wonder what they do to you if you don't "agree" with their "own" society??

Anybody ever wonder if this is such a hokey dory society why they have a subcomando leader? and why all the picture shows folks with their face obscured by a mask.

lol I am reading the entire thing. DID YOU MISS

The Zapatista Army went public on January 1, 1994, the day when the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) came into effect. On that day, they issued their First Declaration and Revolutionary Laws from the Lacandon Jungle. The declaration amounted to a declaration of war on the Mexican government, which they considered so out of touch with the will of the people as to make it illegitimate. The EZLN stressed that it opted for armed struggle due to the lack of results achieved through peaceful means of protest (such as sit-ins and marches).[7]

Their initial goal was to instigate a revolution against the rise of neoliberalism[8] throughout Mexico, but since no such revolution occurred, they used their uprising as a platform to call the world's attention to their movement to protest the signing of NAFTA,

Old 10-16-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post

Dude when the first paragraph of the article YOU USE to defend this madness, starts off by it being a paramilitary group with pictures of dudes with artillery, I ain't misunderstanding anything.

lol, I wonder what they do to you if you don't "agree" with their "own" society??

Anybody ever wonder if this is such a hokey dory society why they have a subcomando leader? and why all the picture shows folks with their face obscured by a mask.

lol I am reading the entire thing. DID YOU MISS

The Zapatista Army went public on January 1, 1994, the day when the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) came into effect. On that day, they issued their First Declaration and Revolutionary Laws from the Lacandon Jungle. The declaration amounted to a declaration of war on the Mexican government, which they considered so out of touch with the will of the people as to make it illegitimate. The EZLN stressed that it opted for armed struggle due to the lack of results achieved through peaceful means of protest (such as sit-ins and marches).[7]

Their initial goal was to instigate a revolution against the rise of neoliberalism[8] throughout Mexico, but since no such revolution occurred, they used their uprising as a platform to call the world's attention to their movement to protest the signing of NAFTA,
Yes, the indigenous people were be abused for years and built their own sovereign society. Please learn more about it, I’d think you’ll be very interested:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAw8vqczJw

Right now they are pushing for peace, also people are free in this society to do as they will.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
I don’t want to pay anything. Just tell me what freebies I get.
If you leave in a stable community you get housing, food, electricity, internet access, no more need for the telecom companies to control access as it would be cooperatively owned.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:43 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,410 times
Quote:
If you leave in a stable community you get housing, food, electricity, internet access, no more need for the telecom companies to control access as it would be cooperatively owned.
So if im a farmer working hard to grow crops I just give them away? Where do these houses come from?? I'm confused who's laying the grid work for all this cable access?
How are they built? And in this Utopia what happens when no one wants to work? Do we all starve or do the ones who think up inventions and work then have to support the bums who do not

Old 10-16-2018, 01:21 PM

399 posts, read 406,784 times
Guys, OP is just a Soros-funded troll trying to waste your time and keep you from focusing on real issues. Don't bite. One glance through of OP's "ideas" should be enough to show you that he's either trolling you or has the typical worldview of a closeted antifa loser. I've already established in my questioning 6-7 pages back that OP's a parasite, doesn't work, doesn't contribute anything to society, and has no intention of doing anything about it other than vague wishes of someday building hut villages in Guatemala (with other people's money, of course) or some such nonsense. Please don't feed the hypocrite.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:31 PM

949 posts, read 571,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Executives don’t get the majority of the company output.

Since the premise of your thread is false, and you offered nothing of substance, there’s not much to discuss. Perhaps you could look at research from the million studies and papers written on this in business schools around the country and the world?

Also, why do you...an outsider...think you get to tell the owners that they can’t manage their company as they see fit...and that it’s the workers who should be in charge?
Is this a joke? You mean the millions of parroted papers that get their data from corporations that only tell you want they want you to know? Follow the money.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:38 PM

399 posts, read 406,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
Is this a joke? You mean the millions of parroted papers that get their data from corporations that only tell you want they want you to know? Follow the money.
Maybe you should forget the "millions of parroted papers" and learn the basics of what a CORPORATION (Oh, no! There's that big bad boogeyman word!) actually is.

Executives are EMPLOYEES of the corporation. Shareholders are the OWNERS of the corporation. You Soros trolls can't even grasp that most basic of facts, and your entire argument is null. No wonder you guys only get paid 1.5-cents per post. I'd say that even at that rate you're overpaid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics