Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 AM

270 posts, read 570,762 times

Advertisements

I say no bail out of greedy home debtors hhttp://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid452319854/bctid1475736003
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
The problem is they can't tell the difference when/if bailout comes. They'll probably just do a blanket bailout. What I can't understand though is if folks can't qualify for a mortgage to get a refinance (finally looking at income) how will a bailout help them if they end up still not being able to afford the house they bought ?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM

this whole bail-out talk is just ridiculous,they will walk once they realize they are underwater,so why try to keep them in "their homes"Mccain doesnt support bailouts so hitlery has a new add slamming him for it ,give me a break..politrics make me sick.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
lostbuyer: I can't get your link to work.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 PM

955 posts, read 2,157,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
lostbuyer: I can't get your link to work.
It works - it's a video.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:22 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbuyer View Post
I say no bail out of greedy home debtors hhttp://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid452319854/bctid1475736003
Good video lostbuyer. Strange it is all about the cesspool Las Vegas but you are in Florida I do believe. But....of the top 3 worst housing markets in the country, Nevada and Florida are #1 and 2.

I read that if you take your dog for a nice walk down the street, every 13th house in Las Vegas is in some stage of foreclosure. Wow !

Those who rise the fastest will fall the hardest.

No bail out you say? Keep in mind if there is no bail out then you personally, your family, all your best friends and all your neighbors will share the burdon of having the house next door to you abandaned and falling down. Not to mention the homeless taking up shelter in it. We dont want that do we? Think of the lost value of YOUR own home. So some help some how is needed. Swallow the "no bail out help" for just a moment and think of the consequenses if those people are not bailed out.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Some of these people don't want to be bailed out. They owe more than the house is worth. They want their mortgage reduced to reflect the lowered value of the house.

Do you think that is fair ?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:57 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Some of these people don't want to be bailed out. They owe more than the house is worth. They want their mortgage reduced to reflect the lowered value of the house.

Do you think that is fair ?
No that is not fair. I dont claim to have the answer even though I always have a right answer all the time. I dont know.

The only thing I know are those who initiated this mess, the lenders, not the buyers, they should be responsible.

You can not blame the home buyers totally who got these teaser loans or what ever one wants to call them. The average human being who has a carrot dangled in their face when they wanted to eat it would bite, even if they are not hungry.

Human nature (especially us spoiled Americans) wants wants wants even if they can not afford. And if big brother comes along and says they have a way for them to afford it, well then ...............................................

Old 04-04-2008, 02:08 PM

I don't know what the right answer is either. There's such a mixture of greed and ruthless people among the truly victimized people who got scammed into buying homes they could not afford.

I don't know how the gov't can possibly fix this.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:38 PM

I see what youre saying about abandoned houses house values going down,but I for one dont have a problem mowing the empty houses lawn if it makes my neighborhood look better,I just get angry when I see people acting like this over something their own stupidity or lack of knowledge put them in ,If we bail them out they will learn nothing,on the other hand banks dont deserve a bail out either but they"ll probably receive it ,to keep the economy from collapsing,I dont have the solution either I"m just ranting.The only thing I notice more everyday is there is truly a small number of REAL victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics