Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 11:24 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
Cool, so even though I still work I can pay my basic bills from the assets I've accumulated. How do I know which people I own, want to make sure those slackers are earning their keep!
You need to move a few notches up to get more personal with extraction of value, until then collect what is given by an impersonal, abstract value extracting machine doing labor squeezing on your behalf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 AM

2,747 posts, read 1,781,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You need to move a few notches up to get more personal with extraction of value, until then collect what is given by an impersonal, abstract value extracting machine doing labor squeezing on your behalf.
So how do I confiscate your time, your health, frequently your dignity and your sanity to facilitate my earnings? That's no fun just being a bystander, I want to be an active owner.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:31 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Please...

We're falling out of love with our billionaires because there haven't been any really neat or likeable ones lately.

Mark Zuckerberg is constantly wearing a suit defending himself in Congress.

Elon Musk is getting slammed for some of his shady tweets about valuations of Tesla

Bezos is similarly not enjoying record popularity

The fact is that I think that we, as a society, turn them into pop culture icons. We take the neat illustrations on Google's homepage or Mark Zuckerbergs hooded sweatshirts or Steve Job's black turtlenecked persona and make them out to be more than what they are; which is brilliant businessmen focused on maximizing the profits and success (be it short or long term) of their respective enterprises.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
So how do I confiscate your time, your health, frequently your dignity and your sanity to facilitate my earnings? That's no fun just being a bystander, I want to be an active owner.
If you feel an immediate urge to extract value in person there are still some low entry barrier business opportunities out there where accumulation of capital gets really raw and nasty. All you need is to divert a portion of your immense impersonal investment gains to start an in your face bottom feeding operation and then you have to wait for me getting desperate enough to sign up. Simple. Luckily having CD economic forum experience under your belt you can represent just about any depravity under the Sun as an opportunity extended to the downtrodden.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:11 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Silly analogy. How much redistribution it would take for a top 1% to fear about having food on the table? If I lose my car that fear sets in immidiately. What loss does it take for a 1% er to experience similar worries?
Why are you calling it a "loss"? It's quite simply theft.

If it's not yours, and you force someone to give it to you, you are stealing.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:29 PM

949 posts, read 572,431 times
Whats to like? They are all sociopaths.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:33 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,781,311 times
Quote:
If you feel an immediate urge to extract value in person there are still some low entry barrier business opportunities out there where accumulation of capital gets really raw and nasty. All you need is to divert a portion of your immense impersonal investment gains to start an in your face bottom feeding operation and then you have to wait for me getting desperate enough to sign up. Simple. Luckily having CD economic forum experience under your belt you can represent just about any depravity under the Sun as an opportunity extended to the downtrodden.
But you said owners are doing that to you now, why the need to start a new business and wait?

I can tell you're a real fan of capitalism. Do you ans Winterfall vacation together?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:49 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
I admire rich people and the freedom of choice that they have.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:55 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I admire rich people and the freedom of choice that they have.
Your comment made me think of an excerpt I read from an interview with a millionaire. It did not say if he was self-made. (I'm thinking not).

The question was, if he could start all over from $0, how would he go about rebuilding his wealth?

"I would get an entry-level job, as a dish washer, and save up $500. Then I would buy a nice suit and go to parties."

Old 02-11-2019, 05:40 PM

603 posts, read 442,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Hehehe!

With each post, he’s looking more and more like Winterfall’s alter ego.
I was thinking exactly that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics