Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 02:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We have a crises coming. Too many people will be old, and very few of them have anything saved to pay for when they can no longer work. My estimate is that less than half of people my age (mid 50s) have any significant savings or other retirement funding available. It may well be less than 10% have significant savings or other retirement funding sources. An awful lot of people I know have nothing at all avaualbel for retirement.

Social security cannot pay enough to keep them alive and there will not be enough people working compared to the numbers who are too old to work and have no money saved.

The government is not going to simply allow these people to starve, but the government simply does not have money to pay for their old age. There is one pocket of money available to resolve this crises. The 401K funds and other investments of those who saved for retirement. Given the option of letting the masses just starve to death, or simply killing them off, or finding a way to tax/take 401K and other retirement investments and redistribute it so the non-savers do not starve to death. It seems pretty obvious to me which the government will choose.

Sure the people who saved will still likely be better off than the non-savers, but the great hopes of deferred or non taxed income are not going to materialize. The government will have no other choice, it will re-distribute a portion of your 401K or other retirement funding.

People deny this is possible. It cannot happen (because they really really really do not want it to be possible, and therefore deem it impossible) however when asked where else the money will come from, they simply repeat that it is impossible. The law does not permit it (and of course laws never change). So apparently, their answer is the government will simply allow the other people to die.

If you think this is incorrect, then where do you think the money is going to come from to support all the masses of soon to be elderly people with no retirement whatsoever?
The government are experts at printing money, and print they will. They will call it something else, they wil turn it into a shell game, whip out a little magic in the process, and fool most everyone, but in the end they will be printing or borrowing the money and letting the next generation or the one after, worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 09:29 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,983,513 times
Quote:

The truly rich do not pay taxes because most of their wealth is not income. Most of their income is re-directed so it is not income either.
What does this mean? "income is re-directed"?

Can you explain?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:31 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
What does this mean? "income is re-directed"?

Can you explain?
Yes. Income is used in a manner that makes it no longer qualified as taxable income. Can I give you specifics? No, not without breaching confidentiality losing my job and my license. Unfortunately those things outweigh your curiosity.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:33 PM

13,703 posts, read 12,410,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Since 1933, dollar bills have been worthless IOUs.
And Gold is a shiny rock that only has value because we decide it does.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:58 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,565,865 times
Quote:
Yes. Income is used in a manner that makes it no longer qualified as taxable income. Can I give you specifics? No, not without breaching confidentiality losing my job and my license. Unfortunately those things outweigh your curiosity.
So you expect us to believe that you cannot specifically explain a common term because it puts you personally at risk to do so? I call BS.

I suspect you've heard it before in your preferred echo chamber, parroted it, but can't explain it.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:44 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times
Quote:

The real problem is the obligated party on those notes.
In House Joint Resolution 192, June 1933, CONgress repudiated redeeming them with lawful money (stuff that the USCON requires).
Guess who's left as collateral?

Hint : enumerated human resources.
When the other shoe finally drops, 320 million 'contributors' are liable.
Of course, if a substantial number withdraw consent before hand - - -wuh woh, scooby.
You can send me all the worthless ious you have as I will gladly take them all

Old 02-25-2019, 05:48 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,426,909 times
Quote:

The real problem is the obligated party on those notes.
In House Joint Resolution 192, June 1933, CONgress repudiated redeeming them with lawful money (stuff that the USCON requires).
Guess who's left as collateral?

Hint : enumerated human resources.
When the other shoe finally drops, 320 million 'contributors' are liable.
Of course, if a substantial number withdraw consent before hand - - -wuh woh, scooby.
The USD is the most powerful brand on Earth.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
We will simply raise taxes and reduce entitlements.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:16 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,480,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
And Gold is a shiny rock that only has value because we decide it does.
Thats why i keep my "money" in other rocks.... diamonds and sapphires.
Lol

Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,480,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You can send me all the worthless ious you have as I will gladly take them all
You beat me to it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics