Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 10:02 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,583,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well, why don't you argue it?
What's to argue? The idea seems to stand on its own merits from over here.
Soon enough it seems there will be no/little choice but to make the change.

As to the nitty gritty -- who can compete with the combined noise of the Tax Attorneys and CPA's,
let alone their clients, who will stand in opposition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 10:43 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,077,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
You don’t just “hope” that it works out. Much like they look at your background, you should do your diligence as well. Find out why they have the opening. One of the biggest factors is if you feel like you can get along with the people there. Ask to meet others on the team. Talk to others that know the company/people.

In Pittsflyer’s case, he doesn’t seem to have a job, so his risk is just limited to moving expenses. There is actually greater risk by being out of work.
You really need a contract if you are any kind of professional to make a major move. And if you have family support where you are burning money for s major move without a contract is a foolish move.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:44 AM

10,581 posts, read 5,566,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
You really need a contract if you are any kind of professional to make a major move. And if you have family support where you are burning money for s major move without a contract is a foolish move.
Read through post #149.

Do you think any of those great entrepreneurs had a contract?

Old 02-27-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You bragged in this forum that you never put in overtime and never work hard working for someone else. You continue to insist that has nothing to do with your failures, but I can assure you other people can sniff out your attitude a lot more easily than you believe they can.

You're making excuses here, justifying to yourself.

Boom = most people wiling to work hard and have a good attitude find work, but the 4% who consistently can't find work are usually pretending the problem isn't them when it is.
Because it’s not my business and I don’t need to put in ot to get the job done well. I work hard while I am there so I don’t have to work over. Does ot come up sometimes, sure but I don’t make a life style out of it or wear it like I am some kind of Medal of Honor recipient. Because it’s not, it is signaling that I wasted to much time during my normal hours.

There isent anything to justify as this situation is completely outside my control. I apply and that’s it.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 AM

1,064 posts, read 614,933 times
Quote:
Yet the cast majority of people do not have a contract. Millions of people have managed to move without family support, yet you can’t?

Old 02-27-2019, 11:53 AM

10,581 posts, read 5,566,380 times
Quote:
I work hard while I am there so I don’t have to work over.
There is a difference between working and generating results. If you were in the private sector, you would understand.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Read through post #149.

Do you think any of those great entrepreneurs had a contract?
Of course I don’t have a contract with myself as I develop a business. I am referring to taking a job far away from support systems, I don’t want to invest in moving expenses where I could show up and that sane week be laid off and out the moving expenses.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
There is a difference between working and generating results. If you were in the private sector, you would understand.
My LinkedIn account has all of my work samples, results are not my issue. I was a victim of a confluence of political events, multiple reorgs at the same time and contract cuts and very likely some opprotunist saw a chance to catch me in between contract protections because much of my work support network was forced out.

None of this was performance based.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Boom doesn't mean if you are not a good employee, they just throw money at you. It might not be the economy, it might be you.
Could be anything, but what ever it is it’s outside my control.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You bragged in this forum that you never put in overtime and never work hard working for someone else. You continue to insist that has nothing to do with your failures, but I can assure you other people can sniff out your attitude a lot more easily than you believe they can.

You're making excuses here, justifying to yourself.

Boom = most people wiling to work hard and have a good attitude find work, but the 4% who consistently can't find work are usually pretending the problem isn't them when it is.
Wrong, “boom” as insinuated by media and trump admin means everyone is prospering not over half the people working McJobs or pseudo McJobs.

The true definition of boom is increase in gdp but that’s not how it’s being spun, because no one cares about increase in gdp if wages are stagnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics