Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 06:09 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times

Advertisements

By 2020 seems we'll be at 40% by my estimation.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-w...americans-not/

The ramifications for this are obviously looming. Factoring in automation, outsourcing, student loans, unaffordable housing, volatile commodities, gender wars and the million other issues that this country has, we are on the brink here.

However, as mentioned here: https://youtu.be/gWc-102Fy4c The single biggest issue looming is that the concentration of underemployed young bachelors is the single biggest indicator of societal collapse. I can envision a Junta style military takeover (the majority of young recruits today are from economic backgrounds where it's impossible to succeed) happening if something drastic is not done soon. It's known that guns and force will be necessary so of course in the country with the most arms, the revolt would always have to originate from within the system.

The collective anger of young Men will soon rise in ALL developed 1st world countries which will destabilize everything. Now that Millennials have seen that both sides of the spectrum cannot be trusted (Both Trump and Obama lied) I suppose it's up to Gen Z on what they want to do. Or has the pesticides in food and drugs in the water lowered their Androgen levels to the point of where they will do nothing?

Eventually this socioeconomic demographic crisis will cause problems for us all and it puts my job at risk. Whatever company I am with will be fighting for a shrinking pie of discretionary income. This will ultimately lead to a contraction of the economy.

The fed is raising rates all while ignoring clear signs WE ARE NOT HOME FREE....But we are actually HOME BOUND AND UNABLE TO MOVE FREELY....

(There's a big difference!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 11:24 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
I'm just going to take a wild stab at this.

I'm 32 now, but probably close enough to relate and I graduated at 24 in 2010, not 22. Aside from one year where I lived across the country in a place I hated (but did make better money), I never made above $35,000 for three years of the four between 2010-2013. I didn't get my own "nice" apartment (aside from living with a former partner) until I was 28. Even in my part of Tennessee, $30,000 - $35,000 is not a lot to go on, and I did have some student loans to pay off. During the years I was here, I was having to drive 50 miles one way to make the $15-$17/hr I was making.

Sadly, most everyone I knew was in the same boat or even worse off unless they were in education or working for the local hospital system. Out of my then peer group, maybe half of us were dating. Pretty much everyone I knew here around my age (even with a good degree) was underemployed when I left in 2014. A lot of us were still living at home pushing 30.

Of course, it wasn't like the women our age were doing much better, but an attractive woman who isn't making much money is still going to find plenty of potential suitors. What I noticed was that a lot of women, even if they weren't doing well financially themselves, wouldn't get in a serious relationship with guys who had insecure finances. They might do a casual relationship, and I had a lot of those, but they didn't want to commit. The exception were single moms - they were generally a lot more flexible.

It's a lot better for people graduating today vs. ten year's ago economically, but that doesn't seem to be fixing the lack of sex, and it's not like China where there's a massive population imbalnce.

To me, it boils back down to choices. Family law is rarely helpful to men. In a divorce situation, the man is likely to come out worse off, unless the wife makes considerably more income. Custody disputes and child support almost always favor women unless there's a really bad extenuating circumstance. Women can now make their own income and choices, and don't need a man for financial support.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times
There is a cultural war being waged against men (especially straight white men) in our society. If you are a young straight white male you will find it exceedingly difficult to get gainfully employed in the foreseeable future. Lots of quotas and agendas out there that will pass you over. Keep in mind a lot of the crazed SJW authoritarian types are in charge of hiring and hiring decisions. Most of these individual despise masculine straight males.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:18 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
There is a cultural war being waged against men (especially straight white men) in our society. If you are a young straight white male you will find it exceedingly difficult to get gainfully employed in the foreseeable future. Lots of quotas and agendas out there that will pass you over. Keep in mind a lot of the crazed SJW authoritarian types are in charge of hiring and hiring decisions. Most of these individual despise masculine straight males.
Jotucker is that you?

I’m thinking this may be a bit over an overreaction on your part on the efforts of business trying to improve diversity

Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Jotucker is that you?

I’m thinking this may be a bit over an overreaction on your part on the efforts of business trying to improve diversity
I thought Jotucker was a black male?

Old 04-12-2019, 05:19 PM

106,651 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Yes , he was.. he was such a character his legend lives on

Old 04-12-2019, 05:36 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Jotucker is that you?

I mentioned this problem in my post about Goldman Sachs and their tap dancing around diversity quotas...

There is a difference between arbitrarily seeking me out as the "token" diversity candidate and simply hiring me because I am a key qualified candidate. Diversity quotas don't benefit anyone except for HR lawyers. Because often it leads to wasting time for the minority candidates who are just being interviewed just to say they interviewed a diverse candidate pool .

But it is indeed a fact that White males, and Heterosexual males of any race are being effectively pushed out of many corporations.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:47 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I mentioned this problem in my post about Goldman Sachs and their tap dancing around diversity quotas...

There is a difference between arbitrarily seeking me out as the "token" diversity candidate and simply hiring me because I am a key qualified candidate. Diversity quotas don't benefit anyone except for HR lawyers. Because often it leads to wasting time for the minority candidates who are just being interviewed just to say they interviewed a diverse candidate pool .

But it is indeed a fact that White males, and Heterosexual males of any race are being effectively pushed out of many corporations.

Yeah but "diversity" makes the SJWs feel all warm and fuzzy (one of the only things that makes them feel this way).

Heterosexual males should have nipped this trend in the bud early on. Now that the trend is palpable they are starting to fight back. The PC warriors want to subvert masculine males. I have worked around these types for years and they really do honestly hate masculine men.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:00 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
By 2020 seems we'll be at 40% by my estimation.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-w...americans-not/

The ramifications for this are obviously looming. Factoring in automation, outsourcing, student loans, unaffordable housing, volatile commodities, gender wars and the million other issues that this country has, we are on the brink here.

However, as mentioned here: https://youtu.be/gWc-102Fy4c The single biggest issue looming is that the concentration of underemployed young bachelors is the single biggest indicator of societal collapse. I can envision a Junta style military takeover (the majority of young recruits today are from economic backgrounds where it's impossible to succeed) happening if something drastic is not done soon. It's known that guns and force will be necessary so of course in the country with the most arms, the revolt would always have to originate from within the system.

The collective anger of young Men will soon rise in ALL developed 1st world countries which will destabilize everything. Now that Millennials have seen that both sides of the spectrum cannot be trusted (Both Trump and Obama lied) I suppose it's up to Gen Z on what they want to do. Or has the pesticides in food and drugs in the water lowered their Androgen levels to the point of where they will do nothing?

Eventually this socioeconomic demographic crisis will cause problems for us all and it puts my job at risk. Whatever company I am with will be fighting for a shrinking pie of discretionary income. This will ultimately lead to a contraction of the economy.

The fed is raising rates all while ignoring clear signs WE ARE NOT HOME FREE....But we are actually HOME BOUND AND UNABLE TO MOVE FREELY....

(There's a big difference!)
I am a young man in my prime working years and I am living at home.I graduated from a small state university 3 years ago and I have not been able to find a real job jet.I dont know if I ever will be fully employed.Part of the reason why I live at home is the insane rent where I live.I wish my job situation was better but it is what it is.This thread describes my life situation.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:04 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Sure, prove to me the existence of one quota. Look at the workforce at top companies like Google, Microsoft, Uber, Apple, etc. Still mainly men, still mainly white.

Look at most other industries. Still mainly men, still mainly white.

Sorry, but white men are not the great oppressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics