U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:08 PM

18,330 posts, read 20,383,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
So when is this imminent recession supposed to start again?
Sometime between next month and 10 years from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:50 PM

9,804 posts, read 2,860,908 times
it's going to be bad for those who haven't invested in the market for the past 10 years.

Old Today, 04:58 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,239,494 times
I predict on February 30th, all hell is going to break loose. You read it here first!

Old Today, 08:08 PM

8,162 posts, read 9,146,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is the problem. People didn't learn a darned thing from the last recession. They went right back to their spending every penny they have, going deeper into debt ways. I bet people now do not have any more money in the bank than they did in 2008.

I already see signs of companies pulling their horns in and cutting back on staff and inventory. Plus, Trump's programs have not been exactly productive or encouraging.

Everything is cyclical and we will see another downturn at some point, I just hope it isn't what we saw 11 years ago.

Not everyone failed to learn something from the last recession. I kept going as usual, funding my retirement, saving in addition, didn't panic, never sold, didn't even watch the markets at all (yes, it's possible when your focus is 100% elsewhere and you're not thinking of investments or retirement). Knowing now what I didn't know back then, I would choose to buy even more shares than just what's on my auto-schedule to buy, after a market crash. I would still ignore the market gyrations and I would avoid and mute the Eeyores, Nervous Nellies, and the Triggered.

I'm a saver so that behavior continued before 2008 and after, and I also got educated about finance, taxes, retirement planning, FIRE, and put the time in to learn. It was time well-spent. I've been in the market going on 33 yrs now. My first investment (IRA) was the same month as Black Friday 1987. I was told to ignore it and I sure did. Didn't look at the balance for a few years, and it was easy to do so since the Interwebs didn't exist yet for consumers and I didn't open my statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics