U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 PM

20,899 posts, read 14,808,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
I refrain from referencing Google for every acronym that I'm unfamiliar with.
Well, that would be every acronym, and if you understood Economics, you wouldn't need to reference Google. It's not our fault you don't know what PE is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I spent time explaining in your other thread. I showed you why your simple view that reducing net imports in the C+I+G+NX equation improves Y is flawed and cannot be done without also reducing NX, Y, or I. I’m not doing it again.
You did a great job, but he doesn't understand any of those terms. He doesn't even understand how they relate and he can't even find the data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 03:47 AM

1,466 posts, read 764,632 times
Quote:
I spent time explaining in your other thread. I showed you why your simple view that reducing net imports in the C+I+G+NX equation improves Y is flawed and cannot be done without also reducing NX, Y, or I. I’m not doing it again. ...
SkyDog77, I’m unable to respond to your unidentified post that you have not linked to.
Respectfully, Supposn

Old 12-28-2019, 10:31 AM

19,717 posts, read 14,352,073 times
Don’t worry if you can’t find it. Skydog can simply wait until you start another thread on the same exact topic and continue the conversation from that point

Old 12-28-2019, 04:46 PM

7,550 posts, read 7,037,626 times
Quote:
SkyDog77, I’m unable to respond to your unidentified post that you have not linked to.
Respectfully, Supposn
There is a link to it in post #8 of this thread.

You know it’s there, but the problem is your lack of understanding of core macroeconomic concepts.

Do us all a favor and take this free class. Once you understand this stuff, we can have a meaningful conversation on your topic of interest. Party special attention to “Open economies and international trade.”

You need to take this all the way through the Keynesian approaches and the IS-LM Model.

https://www.khanacademy.org/economic...macroeconomics

Old 12-28-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
There is a link to it in post #8 of this thread.

You know it’s there, but the problem is your lack of understanding of core macroeconomic concepts.

Do us all a favor and take this free class. Once you understand this stuff, we can have a meaningful conversation on your topic of interest. Party special attention to “Open economies and international trade.”

You need to take this all the way through the Keynesian approaches and the IS-LM Model.

https://www.khanacademy.org/economic...macroeconomics
SkyDog77, a trade deficit nation’s total annual purchases of products exceeds their annual production, (i.e. their GDP). USA has experienced chronic trade deficits of goods every year in excess of a half century. We spend more for products than the value of our entire GDP.
The title of this thread’s topic is “Comparisons between tariffs and Import-Certificate-policy” and I’m among the proponents of the Import Certificate policy described within Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article. I’m prepared to argue for the USA it would be superior to any other trade policy we have, or do, or it’s propped that we practice.
All, of your responses to my posts are arguments opposing tariffs. I won’t argue with anyone that wishes to consider Import certificate policy as a species of tariffs, but it is policies and consequences greatly differs from all other tariff policies. I’m not inclined to discuss your objections to trade policies other than those related to the species of Import Certificate policy described in Wikipedia’s article.
Respectfully, Supposn

Your Post #8 led me to this post:
Quote:
I spent some time reading about this concept you posted. You can't tell me that you are against tariffs. This is a tariff. It makes it more expensive to purchase goods from outside the country. The wikipedia page even calls it a form of tariff. Either you don't understand tariffs or you're being dishonest.
The vast majority of macro-economists do not believe that trade deficits are detrimental to GDP.
Yes, GDP=Consumption + Investment + Government Spending + Net Exports (Y=C+I+G+NE), but when you implement a tariff - and make no mistake what you are proposing is a tariff - you do not boost output. Several things happen when you implement a tariff: ...

Old 12-29-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
SkyDog77, a trade deficit nation’s total annual purchases of products exceeds their annual production, (i.e. their GDP). USA has experienced chronic trade deficits of goods every year in excess of a half century. We spend more for products than the value of our entire GDP.
The title of this thread’s topic is “Comparisons between tariffs and Import-Certificate-policy” and I’m among the proponents of the Import Certificate policy described within Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article. I’m prepared to argue for the USA it would be superior to any other trade policy we have, or do, or it’s propped that we practice.
All, of your responses to my posts are arguments opposing tariffs. I won’t argue with anyone that wishes to consider Import certificate policy as a species of tariffs, but it is policies and consequences greatly differs from all other tariff policies. I’m not inclined to discuss your objections to trade policies other than those related to the species of Import Certificate policy described in Wikipedia’s article.
Respectfully, Supposn

Your Post #8 led me to this post:
Literally the most circular conversation I’ve ever had. You have no idea what you’re talking about. The depth of your understanding on this topic comes from a Wikipedia article. Take an economics class.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Literally the most circular conversation I’ve ever had. You have no idea what you’re talking about. The depth of your understanding on this topic comes from a Wikipedia article. Take an economics class.
SkyDog77, if you do not agree:
A trade deficit nation’s total annual purchases of products exceeds their annual production, (i.e. their GDP);
and USA has experienced chronic trade deficits of goods every year in excess of a half century;
and we spend more for products than the value of our entire GDP,
how do explain your position? Respectfully, Supposn

Old 12-29-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
A trade deficit nation’s total annual purchases of products exceeds their annual production, (i.e. their GDP);
and USA has experienced chronic trade deficits of goods every year in excess of a half century;
how do explain your position? Respectfully, Supposn
Why on earth would I answer this question again, or even point you to the answer again?

Please, take an economics class. You don’t understand what you’re talking about.

I posted a link to a good, free, online introductory class for you. You need to understand the concepts in it before you can have a coherent discussion on this topic.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Supposn
how do explain your position?
Quote:
Why on earth would I answer this question again, or even point you to the answer again? ...
SkyDog77, you have before explicitly acknowledged or disagreed with these 3 facts? (They are facts rather than opinions).
If you disagreed with any of them, you have provided an explanation justifying your position?
Respectfully, Supposn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics