Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 04:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
20+ years from now it won’t be anywhere shtf but you dream your dream
$42k healthcare cost for years would likely mean major health problems are involved. That’s SHTF in my book.

I would guess 1-2% of the population could sustain their lifestyle paying that much out of pocket for more than 2-3 years.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:26 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
You’re understandably frustrated. My retirement philosophy is essentially bulletproof.

Now without bloviating too much, please list your top 3 reasons that my retirement plan won’t work. THIS is your opportunity to sink my ship.

GO!
No, I and others have listed them already and you just ignore them. You're asking me to sink a ship that is already a wreck at the bottom.
I'm not frustrated at all. What you do affects me very little. I'm now bored with you so I will let you banter on. It's going to be a nice day tomorrow so I'm just going to take either the Ferrari or Lexus out for a drive through the the foothills while you continue to fight your losing battle.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:38 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
$42k healthcare cost for years would likely mean major health problems are involved. That’s SHTF in my book.

I would guess 1-2% of the population could sustain their lifestyle paying that much out of pocket for more than 2-3 years.
We aren’t talking about cost today we are talking about cost decades from now. I’m not sure how that’s failing to register with you. A hip replacement, knee replacement, back surgery, a heart attack. There’s plenty that can go wrong despite the amount of sleep you get

Old 12-31-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
No, I and others have listed them already and you just ignore them. You're asking me to sink a ship that is already a wreck at the bottom.
I'm not frustrated at all. What you do affects me very little. I'm now bored with you so I will let you banter on. It's going to be a nice day tomorrow so I'm just going to take either the Ferrari or Lexus out for a drive through the the foothills while you continue to fight your losing battle.
Dude! Tomorrow? I’ll bet you can’t drive to a point between us tonight. Let’s set up the bet. Maybe we drive to the same point an equal distance from both of us for the next 3 nights.

Maybe if I get there, I’ll take a picture of myself in front of something of your choosing.

Perhaps I’ll pick the days?

Now who has more freedom...you in the Ferrari tomorrow or me in my Prius TONIGHT, IN THE MORNING, AT LUNCH, etc, etc.

That public challenge goes to anyone on this forum.

How many here will accept my bet?

Anyone...anyone...

Old 12-31-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
We aren’t talking about cost today we are talking about cost decades from now. I’m not sure how that’s failing to register with you. A hip replacement, knee replacement, back surgery, a heart attack. There’s plenty that can go wrong despite the amount of sleep you get
Very few people will be able to afford $42k/year yesterday, now, tomorrow or even in two decades.

What’s your point?

And yes, things can go wrong, but at this point I bet with a few months to prepare I can beat 90% of men my age in basketball...and I’m retired....and no boss, no schedule, no grating part of my day I don’t like, etc. etc.

Shouldn’t you be happy for that person and give them your best advice to ensure their life stays that way?

How much would you suggest I should save every month? If I saved that number would you say I’ll probably be ok? What’s the number?

What’s the number of people that wake up everyday knowing they probably won’t do much of anything they don’t want? The elite. The true 1%ers.

So when you’re doing something you don’t like just know that God willing I won’t be doing something I don’t like.

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 12-31-2019 at 06:06 PM..

Old 12-31-2019, 06:31 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Very few people will be able to afford $42k/year yesterday, now, tomorrow or even in two decades.

What’s your point?
Who cares what few can afford? That’s not what we are talking is it?

Quote:
And yes, things can go wrong, but at this point I bet with a few months to prepare I can beat 90% of men my age in basketball...and I’m retired....and no boss, no schedule, no grating part of my day I don’t like, etc. etc.
I’m not sure what your basketball skills gave to do with anything.

Quote:
Shouldn’t you be happy for that person and give them your best advice to ensure their life stays that way?
I’m unsure who you are referring to here

Quote:
How much would you suggest I should save every month? If I saved that number would you say I’ll probably be ok? What’s the number?
I don’t have enough information to give you an educated answer

Quote:
What’s the number of people that wake up everyday knowing they probably won’t do much of anything they don’t want? The elite. The true 1%ers.
You get subsidized living because you are at or near the govt definition of poverty. You can glamorize all you want

Quote:
So when you’re doing something you don’t like just know that God willing I won’t be doing something I don’t like.
Continue to believe you are better than everyone else, I’m sure it will all work out

Old 12-31-2019, 08:13 PM

Ok who’s the wise guy making this blog?

https://myfinance391296052.wordpress.../example-post/

Old 01-01-2020, 06:44 AM

2,000 posts, read 760,189 times
Quote:
Work, live below means, save, buy home, hit a certain number, retire.

It’s that easy.
So to follow your plan, how much should I be earning during those peak years to match your amazing numbers to be able to live your amazing lifestyle?

Do tell.

Old 01-01-2020, 02:22 PM

I see no one took the FREEDOM challenge.

Does that make me the most free/retired person here all while being retired and iving on so little money at a young age?

Old 01-01-2020, 03:17 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
move to thailand and it's doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics