Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 07:31 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I’m in Nest Egg Retirement (NER) so I could afford it if I’m motivated to do it.
You could do it but how would you live having to give up your CiCi’s buffet?

Your attempts to seem like an innovator are pretty comical. Add that do your need to create a blog and pretend it’s not your to help confirm your beliefs suggest your mental state isn’t as solid as you pretend this retired life is supporting

Old 01-02-2020, 08:19 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You couldn’t if you were sticking to your 10k a year in annual expenses.
Exactly.

He's fine on saying he can live on 10k/year until it's demonstrated something he can't do like others who aren't existing on poverty level income, then suddenly he's willing to abandon his safe steady income plan to rationalize that he's not actually limiting himself.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:27 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Exactly.

He's fine on saying he can live on 10k/year until it's demonstrated something he can't do like others who aren't existing on poverty level income, then suddenly he's willing to abandon his safe steady income plan to rationalize that he's not actually limiting himself.
No. I said I’m perfectly content on the amount of money I live on — but if you convince me there’s something worth seeing in Southern Europe I’ll go.

And I’ll probably get there before you.

Long term, I’ll be perfectly fine dropping $10k on a vacation.

Not something I’m dying to do, but if you’ll step up and take my bet I’ll start looking for plane tickets tonight.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:43 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
No. I said I’m perfectly content on the amount of money I live on — but if you convince me there’s something worth seeing in Southern Europe I’ll go.

And I’ll probably get there before you.

Long term, I’ll be perfectly fine dropping $10k on a vacation.

Not something I’m dying to do, but if you’ll step up and take my bet I’ll start looking for plane tickets tonight.
I think he has already gone there and returned so you might have lost that one already, silly rabbit.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I think he has already gone there and returned so you might have lost that one already, silly rabbit.
I’m ready to go now. I just need a reward for my trouble.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Then you wouldn't be living on the amount of money you live on. It's easy to talk about spending more, and even easier to rationalize to yourself and your family that you don't want to do all these things, but much harder to actually do them on your budget.

Quote:
Well me paying for you to go wouldn't prove you're able to shell out the money to go.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Then you wouldn't be living on the amount of money you live on. It's easy to talk about spending more, and even easier to rationalize to yourself and your family that you don't want to do all these things, but much harder to actually do them on your budget.
What am I rationalizing?

I’m net worth retired. That doesn’t mean I can never pull from my nest egg if there’s something I really want.

Southern Europe has never been something I want.

Quote:
Well me paying for you to go wouldn't prove you're able to shell out the money to go.
I’ll pay. I’m simply betting that I can go if I want to. Anytime at that.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:43 AM

Quote:
What am I rationalizing?
That things you can't afford are things you don't and will never want.

Quote:
I’m net worth retired. That doesn’t mean I can never pull from my nest egg if there’s something I really want.
So you can live on $10k, as long as you don't want anything that costs more, which you can then rationalize for everything.

Quote:
Southern Europe has never been something I want.
Surprise surprise.

Quote:
I’ll pay. I’m simply betting that I can go if I want to. Anytime at that.
You can't, and you won't.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:
That things you can't afford are things you don't and will never want.
So people can’t not want things they can’t “afford”? Trying to keep up with the logic here.

Quote:
So you can live on $10k, as long as you don't want anything that costs more, which you can then rationalize for everything.
I don’t have to live on $10k — that’s just what the things I need add up to. I have more income — most of which is reinvested because I don’t have anything really want to buy with it.

Quote:
Surprise surprise.
Apologies for not being much of a traveler.

Quote:
You can't, and you won't.
Put your money where your mouth is.

Perhaps we could broker a deal for me to get paid once I’m in Southern Europe?

Are you getting ready for work on this early morning?

Old 01-03-2020, 05:01 AM

Quote:
So people can’t not want things they can’t “afford”? Trying to keep up with the logic here.
No, people can not want things they can't afford. However you are in a pattern of justifying a spartan existence by dismissing anything beyond your means as something that doesn't interest you. it's sad.

Quote:
I don’t have to live on $10k — that’s just what the things I need add up to. I have more income — most of which is reinvested because I don’t have anything really want to buy with it.
Who knows, you've demonstrated far too many contradictions and evasiveness to know what to believe with you.

Quote:
Apologies for not being much of a traveler
Curious = have you ever been outside USA?

Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is.

Perhaps we could broker a deal for me to get paid once I’m in Southern Europe?

Are you getting ready for work on this early morning?
That doesn't make much sense for me to pay for your vacation. Being able to come up with the money to do something doesn't mean it's something you can really afford to do, happens all the time. The world is full of folks making bad personal finance decisions. You can't afford it on your lifestyle, so you won't go. You can do all the hand waving you want but bottom line your income level does not support things like intl travel. You aren't going anywhere.

No, I'm not getting ready for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics