U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

286 posts, read 47,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

what would the sample size be on people who went from working class to retired in about 10 adult years?
Let’s explore your claim here. Let’s say you averaged 80k a year, after taxes we will call it 65k take home, you lived on 10k, so were able to save 55k a year for a decade. With your conservative investing, and ignoring the downturn in ‘08, how did you amass 800k and a paid off house in that amount of time?

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

9,792 posts, read 8,977,922 times
Quote:

What’s wrong with the income adapting to the lifestyle? I managed poverty while mostly saving my way to top 1%-er net worth.
Let’s address this piece of misinformation. You claim your assets are $800,000, which you claim puts you into top 1% of net worth. Looking at Forbes, linked below, top 1% of net assets means you should have a net worth of $10 million or more. Even top 10% is about $1.4 million.

While $800k is certainly a nice chunk of cash, representing yourself as one of the wealthiest in the country is a blatant misrepresentation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...to-others/amp/

Getting back to your original premise, where you proposed retiring on $800k at an early age, you overlook the fact that people typically retire with multiple income streams as well as assets. Speaking for myself, retirement will consist of a fully paid off, upper middle class home, a portfolio of a few hundred thousand (maybe a million, depends on future returns), a pension, and social security. I will have that to live on for maybe 30 years you are trying to live on a small fraction of that for 60 years.

Maybe it will work for you. I am happy to work at a career I like, living a comfortable lifestyle, with no real worries about cash flow for life.

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

6,712 posts, read 3,248,413 times
Quote:
You are essentially arguing that people who spend a certain higher percentage of their time within a certain radius of their origin and familiarity aren’t as happy as those who spend more time outside that radius of origin and familiarity.
Nope, you're fighting a straw man. I'm arguing your annual income limits you to a spartan existence.

Quote:
You sound too bitter to ever say otherwise.
You're projecting, yet again. Funny how every time someone calls you on your BS they must be bitter, jealous, or you suddenly become really curious about whether they are going to work that day.

Quote:
Is this where we do the old song and dance on how “that one little place isn’t anything special, blah, blah, blah?
No, apparently this is where we do the usual EddieHaskell avoid answering a question by instead asking a bunch of different ones.

Quote:
Based on my beliefs as I’ve said
Ahh so your information is based on your own private echo chamber. What a surprise.

Quote:
What’s wrong with the income adapting to the lifestyle?
Absolutely nothing. When someone spends this much effort seeking validation and bragging while being evasive, unable to keep their contradictory stories straight, rationalizing everything, etc. it's funny to watch them get brought to task for it over and over. The proof is in the pudding, you are consistently seen for what you are by others.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Lol eddies sense of reality just gets more and more amusing each day.
Gatlinburg is definitely world class travel.
Lower economics = lower expectations and accomplishments.
Nah now he "could" travel where ever he wants, he just doesn't.
He's expressed wanting a bigger yard, he just doesn't do anything about.
He's talked about nice cars, but doesn't actually buy one.
He told someone he would drive his beater car across the country tomorrow, but he just doesn't.

It's one big game of rationalization after rationalization for not having the income to actually do anything but sit around manufacturing fake people for incoherent blogs.

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

6,264 posts, read 4,502,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Nah now he "could" travel where ever he wants, he just doesn't.
He's expressed wanting a bigger yard, he just doesn't do anything about.
He's talked about nice cars, but doesn't actually buy one.
He told someone he would drive his beater car across the country tomorrow, but he just doesn't.

It's one big game of rationalization after rationalization for not having the income to actually do anything but sit around manufacturing fake people for incoherent blogs.
What scares me is after he created those sites if he has actually come to believe they are run by someone else

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
What scares me is after he created those sites if he has actually come to believe they are run by someone else
I would not put this past someone who is delusional enough to believe he's teaching people something here when he's overwhelmingly mocked.

As much as he tries to paint his life as wonderful, something is clearly amiss when the consistent negative attention he gets with every thread is something he wants to keep repeating. Something is really missing in his life, and it's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or