U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:18 PM

2,079 posts, read 775,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I don't really know much about the AMEX platform other than you don't get access to Centurion lounges with the Platinum (IIRC you do get Delta Sky Club?) I don't do much international travel and so rarely even see a Centurion lounge.
This is incorrect. You DO get access to Centurion lounges with Platinum. You also get access to Delta Sky Club, Priority Pass lounges (which pretty much every premium card gives you), and a handful of other international network lounges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:20 PM

2,079 posts, read 775,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
But, you will be once you start playing the miles/points rewards game.

This is where you should start your research.
https://thepointsguy.com
Hours of fun reading.
Just be careful. The Points Guy is heavily geared towards trying to get you to click on their links to sign up for a credit card. Every one of their stories are a sales pitch. Doctor of Credit is generally a better resource -- especially if you want to be one of the firsts to know about something (TPG usually gets stuff posted a day or two later).

Old Today, 01:21 PM

25,101 posts, read 31,302,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Why not the Freedom for the quarterly 5X category?

So shift your spend to the Freedom Unlimited for 1.5X at least.
i dont want to mix business expenses on my personal credit card. but it may be a good idea to pick up either another ink card or a business freedom unlimited. while i wouldnt get the bonus for travel/advertising on the freedom unlimited, there is still a considerable amount of spend that i have that i get no bonus points for (and couldnt no matter what cc card i get). i currently put some of it on the bonvoy business card (formerly spg amex business) but i may want to shift it back to UR points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or