Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 01:28 PM

5,901 posts, read 4,390,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Been making some precision moves in stocks and have been doing quite well in the markets.
Just wondering if anyone else has been cleaning up.

Been making moves like a typical slimeball would do, Shorted it on the way down, bought stocks that I knew were going to get bailed out and after they got their Cash Injection I sold.

I think bailouts were stupid, we should let these companies fail so they can be chopped up and new companies can be created with more competition but apparently the big wigs who make our laws need to keep their largest campaign contributors in tack. I didn't make the rules but I am tired of being a sucker.

Sorry for those who are doing the buy/hold thing with a 401k, Hope you are able to keep working maybe you can get back to your November 2019 balance in 10-15 years from now.

I don't think this is over, just taking a ride with the fake rally then getting out so it can hit the floor.
Welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 02:37 PM

19,924 posts, read 8,815,529 times
buying Boeing - BA was a no brainer, they are our biggest exporter, were not going to let anything to happen to it.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:38 PM

10,023 posts, read 17,936,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Been making some precision moves in stocks and have been doing quite well in the markets.
Just wondering if anyone else has been cleaning up.

Been making moves like a typical slimeball would do, Shorted it on the way down, bought stocks that I knew were going to get bailed out and after they got their Cash Injection I sold.

I think bailouts were stupid, we should let these companies fail so they can be chopped up and new companies can be created with more competition but apparently the big wigs who make our laws need to keep their largest campaign contributors in tack. I didn't make the rules but I am tired of being a sucker.

Sorry for those who are doing the buy/hold thing with a 401k, Hope you are able to keep working maybe you can get back to your November 2019 balance in 10-15 years from now.

I don't think this is over, just taking a ride with the fake rally then getting out so it can hit the floor.
Wow, what an incredibly nasty, mean-spirited post.

And I don't believe for a second that you are "getting rich" through your "precision moves." People who really ARE wouldn't come to C-D to brag about it.

I am several years away from retirement so I can ride out just about anything, but I feel really bad for those who are suffering and very very worried right now, which is a LOT of people (including friends and family members). Why on earth would you come here to gloat? What kind of person DOES that when much of the world is suffering?

Old 03-26-2020, 05:50 PM

4,141 posts, read 3,870,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Wow, what an incredibly nasty, mean-spirited post.

And I don't believe for a second that you are "getting rich" through your "precision moves." People who really ARE wouldn't come to C-D to brag about it.

I am several years away from retirement so I can ride out just about anything, but I feel really bad for those who are suffering and very very worried right now, which is a LOT of people (including friends and family members). Why on earth would you come here to gloat? What kind of person DOES that when much of the world is suffering?
I wouldnt be surprised, the poster is a 35 year old living in his parents basement. At least the forum will be peaceful for a little while as it is dinner time and the conversation at the table will be something like this "So Junior, any luck finding a job"

Old 03-26-2020, 05:55 PM

30,488 posts, read 17,928,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
buying Boeing - BA was a no brainer, they are our biggest exporter, were not going to let anything to happen to it.
You hope. They can still go into a structured bankruptcy I'd imagine and still be able to operate. But the low level investors would be screwed.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:20 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,423,659 times
I'm not daring/insane enough to play the stock market at this stage.

I don't even want to be in cash. Cash is a depreciating asset, and it will be depreciating faster than ever in the coming months.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:39 PM

4,141 posts, read 3,870,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I'm not daring/insane enough to play the stock market at this stage.

I don't even want to be in cash. Cash is a depreciating asset, and it will be depreciating faster than ever in the coming months.
So you are the one buying up all the toilet paper at Walmart. A valuable commodity these days.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:28 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,423,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
So you are the one buying up all the toilet paper at Walmart. A valuable commodity these days.
As aggressively as the Federal Reserve is debasing our currency, soon we won't need to buy any toilet paper!

Old 03-26-2020, 07:36 PM

893 posts, read 503,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I mean crypto's doing great not quite Bitcoin but some ethereum tokens. Also: inverse funds, volatility buyers? Volatility still seems cheap to me since nothing was factored just 2-3 weeks ago, the call/put buyers are doing OK - I know a guy from Dubai who made over $60k from a tsla straddle this week.

Like I said it's good for as long as there are money in the market, when everything sinks then no one's selling to you and it's over. I think the "it's over" phase will come this summer. Buckle up your belt for a very nasty 2020-2021 winter.
Really? I bought a bunch ages ago and put in my ETH wallett so they are on the eth blockchain but I haven't looked since, it's a pain to open (for me).

Do you remember which ones are doing well? Maybe I have them!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,666,893 times
Bill Ackman did. He made $2-3 billion shorting the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics