Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 08:54 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,197,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You get your economic wisdom from Donald Trump. Nice.
Hardly.

If you can't RFC, I won't bother trying to answer you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 09:18 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,632,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
By 'recovery,' all I mean is that we'll eventually stop our economic downward spiral. This could take many decades. And when we've fallen as far as we can, we'll be fortunate to have an 1890s standard of living.
Hahaha wow dude, you need to take a walk outside or remove the tin foil hat. It’s a strong flu, it’s not Ebola, we aren’t going to have some decades long depression.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:28 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Hahaha wow dude, you need to take a walk outside or remove the tin foil hat. It’s a strong flu, it’s not Ebola, we aren’t going to have some decades long depression.

Yep its just the flu.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:30 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,080 times
Quote:
First of all, you "1T's Ju5T a FLu Br0!1" people are looking more deranged everyday. When was the last time the flu killed 1300+ Americans in a single 24 hour period?

Second, I've explained many times that the virus is the catalyst, not the cause, of the coming economic collapse.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:33 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Hardly.

If you can't RFC, I won't bother trying to answer you.

Hey just going by the fact you parroted Trumps economic prognostication and topped it off with MAGA and without any actual insight that is what I came up with.

Feel free to elaborate if your prediction is anything more than just wishful thinking.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:55 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,429,414 times
Quote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIGhz3uwuQ

How does one stay that uninformed weeks into a crisis? Maybe you should take a few minutes and watch that.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:34 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
By 'recovery,' all I mean is that we'll eventually stop our economic downward spiral. This could take many decades. And when we've fallen as far as we can, we'll be fortunate to have an 1890s standard of living.
Sorry dude but as soon as this CV19 gets figured out people are going to come back swinging economically. Banks will work out to let people catch up. Yeah we’re gonna spend a lot of money.

The only reason this is happening is because the virus is that contagious and the whole SIP orders. Really that’s it. Yes we’re having a hard time right now. It’s not gonna be decades. Your ability to predict the financial future of the economy of this country.....you can probably go gut a chicken and throw the entrails on top of a rock. It’s about as accurate as anything any of these doom and gloom posts. It’s not gonna be decades to recover. What a complete bunch of mumbo jumbo. You’re probably having a aneurism hoping the country just goes into Armageddon.

Is there gonna be some financial pain? Yes. But it’s not gonna be decades like you predict. You’re blowing the economy situation Way out of proportion

The Chinese are already starting their economy back up. Why couldn’t we? There is no reason not to once we get the infections down. There is no reason that a restaurant can’t open back up and start serving food hiring people. Or a hotel opens. People are going to reopen or start new businesses. Start shopping etc.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 04-03-2020 at 11:47 PM..

Old 04-03-2020, 11:52 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
There should be a mortgage furlough. Once the Covid-19 panic is over and people come to their senses, the economy should be up and running again.
My mortgage company offered a 3-month deferral. What they don't tell you is that they will report you late to the credit reporting bureaus for each month you don't pay until those 3 months are paid. Tens of Millions of people are about have their credit rating destroyed.

Frankly, there needs to be an executive order suspending the credit bureaus reporting for the next 3-6 months. Everyone's credit score and payment history should be frozen today.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:21 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,632,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIGhz3uwuQ

How does one stay that uninformed weeks into a crisis? Maybe you should take a few minutes and watch that.
I don’t need to. I didn’t say it’s just the flu, it’s a strong flu. It kills 0.67% of people infected - and I’d bet you $100 I know way more about it than you and have read way more. I’m sick and tired of morons acting like this is Ebola. ZERO point six seven percent. That’s it. Half of people show no symptoms at all, and anyone under 50 the rate of death is 0.16%. That’s a strong flu. If we let it rip through the populace it would kill a lot of people but they’d almost all be older than 75 and at the end of their lives anyway. It would be sad just as it’s sad when your grandpa dies. It’s sad when anyone dies. But it’s also reality. The overreaction to a virus with this low of a mortality rate is unbelievable to me. I don’t want to get it either, doesn’t sound like a fun time, but it’s not the end of the world either. You need to get a grip.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:27 AM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Sorry dude but as soon as this CV19 gets figured out people are going to come back swinging economically. Banks will work out to let people catch up. Yeah we’re gonna spend a lot of money.

The only reason this is happening is because the virus is that contagious and the whole SIP orders. Really that’s it. Yes we’re having a hard time right now. It’s not gonna be decades. Your ability to predict the financial future of the economy of this country.....you can probably go gut a chicken and throw the entrails on top of a rock. It’s about as accurate as anything any of these doom and gloom posts. It’s not gonna be decades to recover. What a complete bunch of mumbo jumbo. You’re probably having a aneurism hoping the country just goes into Armageddon.

Is there gonna be some financial pain? Yes. But it’s not gonna be decades like you predict. You’re blowing the economy situation Way out of proportion

The Chinese are already starting their economy back up. Why couldn’t we? There is no reason not to once we get the infections down. There is no reason that a restaurant can’t open back up and start serving food hiring people. Or a hotel opens. People are going to reopen or start new businesses. Start shopping etc.
People who think that a hyper-complex, heavily indebted global economy can experience months of disruption, slowdowns, and shutdowns, and then just return to normal when it's all over, are going to be in for a very rude awakening. The reality of economic collapse will hit them like a ton of bricks.

Last edited by Taggerung; 04-04-2020 at 12:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics