Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 09:33 AM

2,275 posts, read 3,077,005 times

Advertisements

Still nothing here. Even though I filed 2019 2 months ago and had direct deposit I still had to fill out my info on the IRS portal. Did it last week on Thursday and still nothing as to a date when I might receive something, though they did say I was eligible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 10:55 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
Got ours via direct deposit this morning. GetMyPayment said late last week that ours would get here today, and indeed it did.
Get my payment still always says it cannot determine my eligibility. I just filled out the nonfilers form after it was available, so I don't know how long it takes to process anything.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:54 AM

589 posts, read 300,003 times
Seems like people who owe and paid electronically are not getting a check yet. Filed, 2018 and had to pay so, paid it electronically using my bank routing number. Didn't file 2019 since I had no income whatsoever for the entire year.

So, thought would receive it on the first batch last week since they should have my routing number but nope. So, I filled out the non filer for 2018 even though I filed in 2018 just to get my routing number to them last Thursday and STILL no check as of today.

Guess, if I get one, it'll be snail mail since it still says "status not available" even with various format for my address.

Old 04-22-2020, 12:37 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Seems like people who owe and paid electronically are not getting a check yet. Filed, 2018 and had to pay so, paid it electronically using my bank routing number. Didn't file 2019 since I had no income whatsoever for the entire year.

So, thought would receive it on the first batch last week since they should have my routing number but nope. So, I filled out the non filer for 2018 even though I filed in 2018 just to get my routing number to them last Thursday and STILL no check as of today.

Guess, if I get one, it'll be snail mail since it still says "status not available" even with various format for my address.
I have to agree. Still nothing and still getting the "dreaded error". We filed in 2018 and owed and put our routing number in, but apparently that doesn't help. We are going to file 2019, but again we owe so I was waiting to file. Actually DH is waiting, I would have liked to have it done earlier because I'M the one doing it, but he is dragging his feet.

I didn't fill out the non-filer form because of income limits on it and we will be filing. Maybe since you qualify for at least 2019 you might be ok. I guess I am just going to have to wait and hope that we even get one and not passed up somehow.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:18 AM

896 posts, read 1,139,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
Same situation here. Nothing yet. I was hopeful it would be today, but, alas not.
UPDATE: I checked my account this morning and it says deposit will be made on April 30.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:47 PM

96 posts, read 93,149 times
My wife and I filed jointly for 2019, as we have done every year since getting married in 1984. In the last several years, we've always owed the IRS money and made those payments via a direct-debit from the IRS. I do my own taxes via HR-Block.

Today, the IRS informed me that my $1,200 stimulus check will be deposited tomorrow in our joint checking account. However, my wife's stimulus payment will be issued via a paper check to be issued on May 12th.

How the hell does that happen?

Old 04-29-2020, 02:57 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_rider View Post
My wife and I filed jointly for 2019, as we have done every year since getting married in 1984. In the last several years, we've always owed the IRS money and made those payments via a direct-debit from the IRS. I do my own taxes via HR-Block.

Today, the IRS informed me that my $1,200 stimulus check will be deposited tomorrow in our joint checking account. However, my wife's stimulus payment will be issued via a paper check to be issued on May 12th.
What information did you put in the "get my payment" window? Everything we try gets no mention of when.
But we don't owe any taxes or get a refund so we differ for that reason.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:01 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
I got mine today. I'm so grateful to the ones on this forum that helped me know about this and where to put in my info so I could get this. It's really a miracle. I was facing the possibility of being homeless. I'll be able to pay my rent for a whole year with this. Thank you.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:29 PM

622 posts, read 410,121 times
Has anyone who is on social security received payment?

The site has indicated for the past week that we are eligible and approved and I provided our bank information which also seems to have been accepted but no indication of when payment will be made.

As far as I can tell those who received their stimulus payments were not on social security.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:21 AM

896 posts, read 1,139,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Has anyone who is on social security received payment?

The site has indicated for the past week that we are eligible and approved and I provided our bank information which also seems to have been accepted but no indication of when payment will be made.

As far as I can tell those who received their stimulus payments were not on social security.
We received ours today. My husband collects social security, I do not(not of age). Btw, ours was not deposited in the account he uses for his social security payment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics