Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 03:24 PM

7,581 posts, read 4,123,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Folks who used TurboTax, H&R Block, etc need to read #3 at
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/polit...ney/index.html

Especially if you got an advance refund and/or paid their fee out of your refund. They got your refund from the IRS, deducted their fee or advance, and they then passed on any balance to your bank or credit card. So the IRS does not have your DD info.
Thanks for sharing. That sucks. I still don't have a refund. I checked Turbotax's website and this is what they stated:

Quote:
We've sent the IRS all of the info required to get stimulus payments to TurboTax
customers. Use the IRS Get My Payment Tool to confirm what account or address
they are sending your payment to, and when.
It doesn't say anything about a temporary account or fees though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 03:34 PM

622 posts, read 407,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
No one that I know has gotten it and no one in any of the threads here.

Thanks for the response.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:58 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,596,680 times
Received my stimulus check today. Putting most into savings and will invest about $200 of it.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:00 PM

2,361 posts, read 4,851,438 times
I'm to the point right now with the stupid IRS site and I'm ready to bag the whole thing. I have been trying every single effing day to get into the site and I can't. I try everything that everyone suggests and it doesn't work. I try every variation of every line and nothing works. I feel as if I hear one more person saying "I got my stimulus check" I'm going to scream. I somehow have a bad feeling that we aren't going to get one and I will have to fight for it. I live a life of Murphy's Law and I am constantly on the phone or emailing someone about something that has gone wrong or I didn't get or it wasn't right. I am sick of it!

Old 04-23-2020, 12:28 AM

24,336 posts, read 9,208,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
So, I finally got a message! I will be getting it sent to the right account on the 22nd!
Congrats, I still don’t have an update. Maybe I’ll get it on the 29th.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:41 AM

8,046 posts, read 3,381,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I'm to the point right now with the stupid IRS site and I'm ready to bag the whole thing. I have been trying every single effing day to get into the site and I can't. I try everything that everyone suggests and it doesn't work. I try every variation of every line and nothing works. I feel as if I hear one more person saying "I got my stimulus check" I'm going to scream. I somehow have a bad feeling that we aren't going to get one and I will have to fight for it. I live a life of Murphy's Law and I am constantly on the phone or emailing someone about something that has gone wrong or I didn't get or it wasn't right. I am sick of it!
I don't think there's anything anyone can do about it if they don't get the payment.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:00 AM

313 posts, read 215,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Congrats, I still don’t have an update. Maybe I’ll get it on the 29th.
None here either.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:46 AM

My parents didn't either and they typically owe. They had no message, so they're waiting for the check. Hopefully all of you get yours on the 29th, whether electronically or by check.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:40 AM

622 posts, read 407,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
My parents didn't either and they typically owe. They had no message, so they're waiting for the check. Hopefully all of you get yours on the 29th, whether electronically or by check.
Are they receiving SS? From what I understand from multiple posts on this board and what is cited on the web in multiple sites, it appears that those on SS are awaiting their stimulus payments. For some reason the IRS is ignoring the tax returns we have filed for 2018 or 2019 and determining eligibility based on income and making payments if appropriate and waiting for information from the SSA to make the payments.

Anyway, we are in the same boat. We do qualify based on 2018 income ...... we owed for that year and the IRS drew the funds from our bank account so we know they received the return. But as of this morning, nothing is shown as received in our bank account. We filed using TT.

Fortunately, we are not reliant on the stimulus check to meet our daily needs but I do feel for those who were counting on the funds.

Has anyone who is on SS received their stimulus check?

Old 04-23-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Are they receiving SS? From what I understand from multiple posts on this board and what is cited on the web in multiple sites, it appears that those on SS are awaiting their stimulus payments. For some reason the IRS is ignoring the tax returns we have filed for 2018 or 2019 and determining eligibility based on income and making payments if appropriate and waiting for information from the SSA to make the payments.

Anyway, we are in the same boat. We do qualify based on 2018 income ...... we owed for that year and the IRS drew the funds from our bank account so we know they received the return. But as of this morning, nothing is shown as received in our bank account. We filed using TT.

Fortunately, we are not reliant on the stimulus check to meet our daily needs but I do feel for those who were counting on the funds.

Has anyone who is on SS received their stimulus check?
My dad is 64, so next year he'll be on SS and will have a part-time job. He turns 65 in October and will be retiring from his FT job in November. Mom is 55, she'll be 56 in August, so she isn't on SS. She works full-time too. I'm not sure if they're looking at dad's age, though.

I filed using TT and I know I read that TT posed a problem for some. Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics