Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 08:08 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
I checked the page this morning:

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on April 30, 2020.

Woo!
I got the same yesterday, and it was about a week after I got my (meager) 2019 tax refund. I suspect that the refund auto deposit bank account info for the refund kicked in since in 20218 I had to pay out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 08:37 AM

787 posts, read 780,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I got the same yesterday, and it was about a week after I got my (meager) 2019 tax refund. I suspect that the refund auto deposit bank account info for the refund kicked in since in 20218 I had to pay out.
I owed in 2018 and 2019. My 2019 taxes were filed using H&R Block Deluxe. I scheduled the funds to be withdrawn from my account on April 1, 2020.

I still had to enter my bank account information on the IRS' website. I did this on April 15 and approximately 10 days later I received confirmation my stimulus money would be deposited into my account on April 30.

I suspect everyone who is eligible will receive the money eventually. Just need to be patient.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:50 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,619,965 times
Congrats, Louisville Slugger! I put my check into savings and invested about $150 of it.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:24 AM

554 posts, read 683,439 times
Just an update for anyone this applies to...

Finally got through and was able to put in my 2018 tax info. In 2018, I was due a refund, but I applied it to my next year's taxes. In order for the IRS site to recognize my info, I had to click "owed a refund" and then type "zero" for refund amount. Apparently, if you put in the amount you were actually due, it doesn't work. What a sh*t show...

Old 04-28-2020, 10:23 AM

14,461 posts, read 20,637,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
I checked the page this morning:

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on April 30, 2020.

Woo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
I just checked mine as well and it says April 30. Finally
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblenbitz View Post
Same here. Finally. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
woohoo! mine says the 29th, as does my dad's (gets ss so he didn't have to do anything).
Ours continues to say wrong information. We've tried changing AVE to AVENUE. They have cap letters so we used them to change the word. We tried their 9 digit zip code and still got "information not what we have on file" and tried with only a 5 digit zip. Then we get "too many tries."
We gave the IRS our bank account maybe 2+ weeks ago. We get SSA by direct deposit. We do file a return but don't get a refund or owe taxes so in that regard we may be unlike the majority of SSA persons. This "IRS tool" has glitches galore. Even if direct deposit won't work for them we should be in the 2nd week of paper checks. We don't know who to contact about not getting it if we don't eventually and eventually we will but being in one of the earlier groups we have no results from their website.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:02 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,969,392 times
I paid my condo fee for the rest of the year..paid off all credit card debt..and still have 1000 left. It goes pretty far living in Thailand.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:06 PM

427 posts, read 1,223,897 times
I got my check on the 23rd and according to those "check disbursement schedules" I've seen floating around on news sites and threads on here, I wasn't supposed to get my check until mid May. So it would appear to me that either the checks are way ahead of schedule or the media sites publishing those schedules don't have a clue. I have no idea about direct deposit payouts or that irs site everyone is referencing. I never even checked the irs site, just assumed I would get a check in mid May based on those media reports but boom got it already. Awesome! Thank you Treasury.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:01 PM

5,708 posts, read 4,280,363 times
Has it come up yet whether USPS will forward the paper checks if you are having your mail forwarded currently?

I called 3 post offices and got 2 answers. One didn't have a clue

The other two said because its first class mail it will get forwarded. But in hindsight that isn't an entirely satisfactory answer, because if I'm not mistaken not all first class mail gets forwarded either. So I'm still not sure.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:12 PM

8,216 posts, read 3,483,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Has it come up yet whether USPS will forward the paper checks if you are having your mail forwarded currently?

I called 3 post offices and got 2 answers. One didn't have a clue

The other two said because its first class mail it will get forwarded. But in hindsight that isn't an entirely satisfactory answer, because if I'm not mistaken not all first class mail gets forwarded either. So I'm still not sure.
Government mail does not usually get forwarded.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:34 PM

5,708 posts, read 4,280,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Government mail does not usually get forwarded.

It looks like MAYBE I could get Premium Forwarding Service and MAYBE it would get forwarded to me. But you cant have a PFS when you have a regular forwarding order, so I would have to cancel my forwarding order this week, get the PFS immediately which costs 21 bucks PER week (!!!!!), then cancel it when I get my much-diminished check and restart my regular order. But since I am moving temporarily in a a little over a month I would have to change my forwarding order again, this means, essentially, my mail service will be pucked up pretty much forever.

Again. What a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics