Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 08:26 AM

2,745 posts, read 1,778,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
I owed money for 2019 and the IRS did cash my check. The check has my banking info on it but I haven't received any stimulus money to that account. I'm also drawing social security and got my regular payment for that yesterday but have gotten no stimulus via that avenue either. I imagine they will send me a check eventually.
The IRS would not take your banking information from your check, if you receive SS via direct deposit they will use that info. SSA announced yesterday that SSi recipients would likely receive their payments next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 08:28 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I get Social Security. I did not get my stimulus. When I went into the web portal early this morning IRS claims they did not have my banking info. I get SS via direct deposit. Seems to me that I wasn't getting the money if I did not input the banking info silly as it might be.
You didn't get your stimulus because you're scheduled along with millions of other SS recipients to get it next week through direct deposit just like your SS.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:32 AM

468 posts, read 465,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
The IRS would not take your banking information from your check, if you receive SS via direct deposit they will use that info. SSA announced yesterday that SSi recipients would likely receive their payments next month.

Thank you for that info.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:00 AM

5,130 posts, read 3,745,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You didn't get your stimulus because you're scheduled along with millions of other SS recipients to get it next week through direct deposit just like your SS.

I'd take that.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:48 AM

14,450 posts, read 20,627,395 times
Quote:
I get Social Security. I did not get my stimulus. When I went into the web portal early this morning IRS claims they did not have my banking info. I get SS via direct deposit. Seems to me that I wasn't getting the money if I did not input the banking info silly as it might be.
Good that you got it but we did not.

And today there is a new story on SSA stimulus checks:

Social Security recipients will automatically receive the payments later this month.

Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, survivors or disability (Social Security Disability Insurance) benefits or Railroad Retirement benefits will automatically receive the $1,200 stimulus payment no later than early May, according to the agency statement.

Early May? May 10 is part of early May.
Some of the elderly may be dead by then.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...timulus-check/

Old 04-16-2020, 11:09 AM

5,130 posts, read 3,745,151 times
So according to that would my wife who does not collect Social Security but filed jointly with me get her $1200 stimulus next week or would she have to wait along with me?

Old 04-16-2020, 03:23 PM

96 posts, read 93,056 times
I owed the IRS for both years 2018 and 2019. I also paid both years with an electronic funds transfer, so the IRS has had my same banking information for several years now.

When I filed my 2019 taxes last month, it took the IRS 11 days past my 'selected payment date' before they took their payment from my bank account.

I have not yet received my stimulus. I went to the IRS website yesterday to check on my payment status and was told I needed to provide my banking info, which I did.

So now I guess I continue waiting.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:20 PM

6,553 posts, read 8,380,268 times
My husband just read today that if you filed your 2019 return through a service like TurboTax, H&R Block, etc. you’ll need to go the IRS website and submit your banking information.

We haven’t received our payment and it’s probably because we filed 2019 through TurboTax so we submitted our information today.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:43 PM

11,292 posts, read 18,870,511 times
Quote:
IF you got a refund and your banking info is on your return you are most likely fine but I would still check the IRS portal.

IF you owed money on your 2019 return and filed electronically and had your banking info on your return you will NOT get a refund until you go to the IRS portal and input your banking information.

Lame ain't it? But it is what it is.

Yes this happened to me and I discovered it the first day I went on "Where's my Payment"?

And to make it worse they had the SAME banking info on my 2018 form when I did have a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
See my post above....If your Mom gets Social Security THEORETICALLY she should get it automatically. Of course theory sometimes doesn't work in the real world.
My mom gets SS and owed taxes but she somehow did get her direct deposited stimulus check today.....

Old 04-17-2020, 04:37 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_rider View Post
I owed the IRS for both years 2018 and 2019. I also paid both years with an electronic funds transfer, so the IRS has had my same banking information for several years now.

When I filed my 2019 taxes last month, it took the IRS 11 days past my 'selected payment date' before they took their payment from my bank account.

I have not yet received my stimulus. I went to the IRS website yesterday to check on my payment status and was told I needed to provide my banking info, which I did.

So now I guess I continue waiting.
\\

Lucky you even got that option. Thousands cannot even GET To the portion to enter bank info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics