U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Economic conditions in the United States in January 2022.
Expansion 56 54.37%
recession 24 23.30%
depression 23 22.33%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 10:15 PM

8,082 posts, read 7,505,926 times

Advertisements

On a more serious note though, Katie, your post is classic conspiracy theorist stuff. “I started noticing things don’t make sense, so the only conclusion i can come to is that there must be a vast conspiracy happening.” You really should read about this psychosis. It’s always this progression and it’s always wrong.

Just because something doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean that there isn’t a rational explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 04:52 AM

3,548 posts, read 2,252,435 times
Also, I’ve been on international calls with colleagues from Australia to Singapore to Mexico to Brazil to Ireland. Are all these countries in on the conspiracy to crush the small employers in the U.S?

Old 05-24-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Also, I’ve been on international calls with colleagues from Australia to Singapore to Mexico to Brazil to Ireland. Are all these countries in on the conspiracy to crush the small employers in the U.S?
Coincidentally, Ross Douthat, The NY Times conservative voice, wrote about the topic yesterday morning and addressed the conspiracy theorists.

The End of the New World Order
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/23/o...rld-order.html

He must be part of the global power structure looking to distract us. That’s the only conclusion I can come to.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:22 AM
sub

1,767 posts, read 767,247 times
At this point in time, I believe the conspiracy theorists have about as much street cred as those who think it's all going back to "normal".
Regardless of what we think is causing our current situation or what we think of the responses to this situation, I don't think it's as simple as we'll get back to normal once we come up with a vaccine.
I could be wrong.
I'd choose *other in the poll if there were the option.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:57 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,326,658 times
Remember how long the "9/11 Truth" controversy went on? It was about 10 years before that petered out.

This scale of this covid mess is so enormous and it happened so quickly, it's hard to process. It's not a surprise some are turning to conspiracies.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Remember how long the "9/11 Truth" controversy went on? It was about 10 years before that petered out.

This scale of this covid mess is so enormous and it happened so quickly, it's hard to process. It's not a surprise some are turning to conspiracies.
Agreed. People do it when they feel things are out of control. It’s an understandable, but unfortunate reaction.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:10 PM

20,435 posts, read 20,816,482 times
The economy will be strong and expanding in January 2022. In a span of 20 months, the COVID-19 event will be a recent memory, industries will be at or above normal levels before the pandemic, and some industries such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals will have greater investments.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:53 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,644,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I follow a lot of different "alternative economists" and all of them said we are on red alert and the economy is about to crash.
Haven't they always been saying this? You yourself in 2016 guaranteed a collapse by 2018 no doubt based on your consumption of the opinions of the "alternative economists" but you didn't learn anything you just dusted off the same mantra and decided you would have been right if only actual world events hadn't happened that made you wrong.

Quote:
This sinister plan is not seen by most people, but I can see it clear as day.
Conspiracy theory mentality 101. I am more brilliant than the rest. It gives me comfort to perceive the oppression that others cannot.

Quote:
staging fake hospital rooms with mannequins, fake lines to get tested, etc. The hospitals are empty, but we are in an epidemic? All of this points to the virus being used as a cover for the resulting economic collapse.
Sometimes you see comments that let you see how deep the rabbit hole someone's mental health has gone. Imagine the tens of thousands of healthcare workers in on this grand conspiracy to fake hospital rooms being empty. Iran, Russia, Brazil, Italy, Singapore, etc. countries that usually can't agree that 2+2=4 are all in on it.

You need help. Seriously.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:52 PM

1,175 posts, read 725,962 times
I have been nice and respectful to everyone in this thread, so I am not going to respond to anyone who is not. What I am posting below is just a coincidence. There is nothing else at play. Nothing to see folks.

Billionaires In US Have Grown $434 Billion Richer During Lockdowns As Small Businesses Wiped Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmq-...g8t1dQ&index=1

I live in Las Vegas. They are releasing inmates in jail now to make room for the real criminals. These criminals have the audacity to try to open their businesses so that they can support their families. Luckily, the police are putting a stop to it so they can lose their business of 9 years and go bankrupt. Who do they think they are, Walmart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUsyU3ie00

I post all this because small businesses create 70% of all jobs. If the article below becomes fact, this alone will create a depression.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...se-survey-says

Old 05-24-2020, 10:06 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,644,311 times
Well there you go Katie, some unknown person rambling into their microphone on youtube. I'm convinced!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or