Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 01:01 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

States need to re-open. Enforce everyone to wear a mask. If you are sick stay home. Have businesses do some sort of screening for high temperature. (The temperature scanner)

Some business will need to re-invent themselves until the vaccine is created. (restaurants, public transportation, airline travel, movie theaters, etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 01:36 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Have businesses do some sort of screening for high temperature. (The temperature scanner)
When I went to Sport Clips this weekend to get my first haircut in over two months, they were using a touchless thermometer to check people as they arrived. Masks were also required.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:43 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
When I went to Sport Clips this weekend to get my first haircut in over two months, they were using a touchless thermometer to check people as they arrived. Masks were also required.
I read news article on Patagonia doing a temp check with a scanner at their warehouse location.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:14 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
States need to re-open. Enforce everyone to wear a mask. If you are sick stay home. Have businesses do some sort of screening for high temperature. (The temperature scanner)

Some business will need to re-invent themselves until the vaccine is created. (restaurants, public transportation, airline travel, movie theaters, etc)
Many Americas will not wear masks and some may only change their minds if they see more death and deaths can be kept out of view to an extent if more occur.
Police will not be numerous enough to sustain enforcement of wearing masks.
Temperature scanners do not detect pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic people.
Sorry but that is how I see the reality of the situation

Old 05-18-2020, 06:20 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
one of the dumbest ideas i've ever heard
even if it was a smart idea (it's not) there is no real way to implement it.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:24 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamPittsburgh View Post
Where do these lunatics thinks money comes from????

They're the same ones who did this....
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

Old 05-19-2020, 03:00 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
The sweat of future generations and some nuclear-tipped missiles guarantee the debt. No politician alive today has to worry about paying one penny of the principal.
So why not just lower taxes, especially for those most equipped to pay them?

Oh, wait.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:37 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Many Americas will not wear masks and some may only change their minds if they see more death and deaths can be kept out of view to an extent if more occur.
Police will not be numerous enough to sustain enforcement of wearing masks.
Temperature scanners do not detect pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic people.
Sorry but that is how I see the reality of the situation
Wearing a mask is such a simple way, to protect one another, in this horrific day and age. Why some are making such a federal case of this is crazy.

I heard that the droplets stay in the air for 14 minutes, after a loud talker, I really don't want this illness, for my loved ones or me. Are people just thinking they are too good to put on a mask? They probably wear warm hats and coats in a snow storm. (Or maybe not. With the thinking, won't happen to me.)

It's a simple way to save lives. Why not just do it?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:52 AM

3,318 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Stupid, stupid idea.
As another poster has commented, the $$ will simply fund whatever the family was buying anyway, like food and booze!
I am in the process of a bathroom renovation, with or without free money. So I'll just buy my shower door with that dough.
After that it will pay for the toilet and a Japanese washlet!
See how it works?
People will simply funnel the cash into their normal spending pipeline because money is fungible.
And what's left over will be saved or pay down debt, like much of the last 'stimulus money' was.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Stupid, stupid idea.
As another poster has commented, the $$ will simply fund whatever the family was buying anyway, like food and booze!
I am in the process of a bathroom renovation, with or without free money. So I'll just buy my shower door with that dough.
After that it will pay for the toilet and a Japanese washlet!
See how it works?

Yes, that's exactly what the stimulus is designed to do -- to encourage your spending. When you buy that shower door, the supplier makes money. The shower door maker sees an uptick in orders. The shower door maker has to hire up to make more doors, and they order more raw materials.

This is called the "multiplier effect." One dollar of stimulus given to the middle and lower classes causes more than $1 in increased GDP. "Trickle up."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics