U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 05:05 PM

2,750 posts, read 768,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
Actually, you said:
"It's about women in labor, not women's labor."

You added italics for the word "in". So I spoke to that. Women "in" labor...you said it was about that. I pointed out that her labor doesn't end in the hospital.
Okay.

You're being far too literalist for me to continue debating on a warm Saturday afternoon. The mic is yours.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 05:05 PM

1,594 posts, read 762,785 times
just because therblig said it doesn't mean they really meant it or will admit to actually saying it.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:19 PM

1,747 posts, read 887,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Okay.

You're being far too literalist for me to continue debating on a warm Saturday afternoon. The mic is yours.
They are literally, your words. What else can we go by?

Please do go and enjoy the weather. I have.

Actual sidebar: Honestly, this is a real problem in the US today: people think their words don't matter....how they organize them....how they use them, and how they read other's words.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:35 PM

31,131 posts, read 67,969,498 times
Quote:
Actual sidebar: Honestly, this is a real problem in the US today: people think their words don't matter....
how they organize them....how they use them, and how they read other's words.
I've stopped replying when it's clear they didn't understand what was said.
It's not worth the second argument to have a thread taken even further off course.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
They are literally, your words. What else can we go by?
Sigh.

This thread is about population and how laborers as economic engines pay for retirement benefits for those ahead of them. More or less.

It's not about labor, per se.

My joke was that it's about women in labor — birth rates, population, etc., all of which are pertinent to the core of this thread. And not about "women's labor," which although a perfectly good and important topic, one I indicated I had some special interest in, really doesn't have much to do with the main discussion. But for some reason the joke didn't register for you and you're into a debate about how women's labor only begins with childbirth, or something.

Which you're free to discuss, for alla me, but I'm not really interested in that direction of drift.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaBread View Post
Take the greedy, self centered, sociopathic politicians and dump them in the ocean. Everyone else would do wonderfully.
Based on the chart, that would be back in the George W, days.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
...even further off course.
You're confusing course with random currents.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:29 PM

1,747 posts, read 887,050 times
Quote:
Sigh.

This thread is about population and how laborers as economic engines pay for retirement benefits for those ahead of them. More or less.

It's not about labor, per se.

My joke was that it's about women in labor — birth rates, population, etc., all of which are pertinent to the core of this thread. And not about "women's labor," which although a perfectly good and important topic, one I indicated I had some special interest in, really doesn't have much to do with the main discussion. But for some reason the joke didn't register for you and you're into a debate about how women's labor only begins with childbirth, or something.

Which you're free to discuss, for alla me, but I'm not really interested in that direction of drift.

Now it's a joke. Now it's a different topic. Before it was birth rates and the economy. You're right, it's pointless to continue with you if you think the topic changes based upon your whims.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Now it's a joke. Now it's a different topic. Before it was birth rates and the economy. You're right, it's pointless to continue with you if you think the topic changes based upon your whims.
Well, you're right, this has ceased to be funny. But as someone who was in the discussion from the beginning, and not someone who came along making random and almost completely disconnected observations nearly at the end, I won't bother to debate who has a better handle on what the topic is.

Bye bye.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Well, you're right, this has ceased to be funny. But as someone who was in the discussion from the beginning, and not someone who came along making random and almost completely disconnected observations nearly at the end, I won't bother to debate who has a better handle on what the topic is.

Bye bye.
I love it, this is how you were in the discussion from the beginning, which you later denied you said.

Trump’s got nothing on you.

Quote:
Quite seriously, an administration with a more positive focus and all it would bring will turn the curve up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics