Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 06:23 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,430,666 times

Advertisements

It seems likely the widening wealth gap is worst news for people with wealth, because it wasn’t enough to have to risk your money to build it and pass through one layer of taxation, the mob wants another crack at it...because they’re falling behind while doing absolutely nothing to generate value to get a good income or use their income to kickstart wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Tax policy? You mean after you amend the US Constitution?

So I use my money, investors' money and the banks money to buy land and build a 20-story hi-rise condo, apartment, retail and office complex that other people say is worth $14 Million.

20 years later, other people say it's worth $80 Million.

I mention that, because that is wealth and a lot of people can't seem to grasp the concept.

Wealth and income are not exactly the same.

For those who get bent out of shape and pee their panties, can someone kindly explain how it is my fault that other people now say my property is worth $80 Million?

For those who have issues, you all need to be addressing the other people, not me.

The only thing I did was work to acquire the money to award the contracts.

That's yet another thing people can't seem to wrap their brains around.

You have to want wealth to have it.

Those who want wealth work to create wealth and thus have wealth.

Those who do not want to work to create wealth don't have wealth.

So, kindly explain why I should suffer or penalized because other people are too damn lazy to make the effort to acquire wealth?

Do you all want me to hold the hands of those people not interested in building wealth and force them to build wealth?

I will, but I charge $750/hour for that. You can send the payment to my Paypal account.

Ooops...first things first, what law or authority do I have to force other people to want to build wealth?

I mean, do I have the power to cancel someone's cable and internet streaming services contracts to use that money to build wealth?

They only have to do without cable and internet streaming services for 5-7 years until they get their wealth built then they can have them back.

I know they will struggle terribly without cable and internet streaming services and experience severe depression and deep dark misery, not to mention cable withdrawal symptoms, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made in order to build wealth.
Whoa whoa whoa, you can’t tell them what to do with their money because they earn their money and they can do with it how they please.

They also somehow also feel entitled to other people’s money and can say how much is enough and where they should spend it.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:43 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
yep , when you are right your right .

those who truely want to build wealth will find a way , the rest will find an excuse.

it is far easier to find an excuse then a way .

Are you Native American? Cause otherwise somebody TOOK BY FORCE the land your building sets on. I doubt you made the materials that constructed your building. I doubt you built the road that the trucks that carried the materials got the land you built your building. I doubt you built the trucks that carried the materials that you used to build your building. I doubt you built the power lines, water and sewer that service your building. I doubt you schooled the engineers that designed your building. I doubt you poured the concrete by your little old lonesome.

I get real kick of how the wealthy claim they built their EMPIRE all by their little lonesome. Nope, they built it on backs and brains of OTHERS. Others educated by those taxes you poo-poo. Hey you dont need no stinking schools, go build in place like Somalia with your own little wheelbarrow. No govt , no infrastructure, just law of the jungle with lot of little wannabe strongmen. Build your building there. NO TAXES, lucky you. Course you will need to hire your own private army to protect your building. Figure out a way to get water, sewer and electric and roads. Find somebody that wants to rent space in this out of way building. Cause nobody there needs, wants, or can afford it other than maybe some local pirates. And they would just take it if you misjudge size of army you have.

Look I dont like property tax inflation. Some couple bought their house 50 years ago, they shouldnt be forced out by taxes far in excess of what they originally were. My notion, do away with tax breaks for real estate developers. Do away with depreciation in tax laws, do away with corporate protections from liability. You go bankrupt you and your family live out rest of your lives with that debt burden. No get out of jail free cards. No just foisting off your debts onto the TAXPAYER. Privatizing profit and socializing loss doesnt cut it. But your property value stays the same as it originally was. If govt wants more revenue they have to raise tax rates on everybody. Although if you ever do sell, you pay full taxes on the difference. But only when you sell or when you die and your heirs inherit. No corporate ownership of land. They can lease it for upto 100 years, not own it cause unlike other "citizens" they dont die so valuation couldnt be reset.

Oh also no use of eminent domain for govt to steal land from the rabble to hand over to developer buddies. Developers want land they should have to negotiate with all "the little people" on price. Eminent domain should only be used for public use such as hiways, schools, govt buildings THAT ARE OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. Eminent domain for good ole boy network to make MONEY are not in the public good even if their development will generate more tax revenue.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:47 AM

Oh the article is behind a paywall. No thanks.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:14 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Are you Native American? Cause otherwise somebody TOOK BY FORCE the land your building sets on. I doubt you made the materials that constructed your building. I doubt you built the road that the trucks that carried the materials got the land you built your building. I doubt you built the trucks that carried the materials that you used to build your building. I doubt you built the power lines, water and sewer that service your building. I doubt you schooled the engineers that designed your building. I doubt you poured the concrete by your little old lonesome.

I get real kick of how the wealthy claim they built their EMPIRE all by their little lonesome. Nope, they built it on backs and brains of OTHERS. Others educated by those taxes you poo-poo. Hey you dont need no stinking schools, go build in place like Somalia with your own little wheelbarrow. No govt , no infrastructure, just law of the jungle with lot of little wannabe strongmen. Build your building there. NO TAXES, lucky you. Course you will need to hire your own private army to protect your building. Figure out a way to get water, sewer and electric and roads. Find somebody that wants to rent space in this out of way building. Cause nobody there needs, wants, or can afford it other than maybe some local pirates. And they would just take it if you misjudge size of army you have.

Look I dont like property tax inflation. Some couple bought their house 50 years ago, they shouldnt be forced out by taxes far in excess of what they originally were. My notion, do away with tax breaks for real estate developers. Do away with depreciation in tax laws, do away with corporate protections from liability. You go bankrupt you and your family live out rest of your lives with that debt burden. No get out of jail free cards. No just foisting off your debts onto the TAXPAYER. Privatizing profit and socializing loss doesnt cut it. But your property value stays the same as it originally was. If govt wants more revenue they have to raise tax rates on everybody. Although if you ever do sell, you pay full taxes on the difference. But only when you sell or when you die and your heirs inherit. No corporate ownership of land. They can lease it for upto 100 years, not own it cause unlike other "citizens" they dont die so valuation couldnt be reset.

Oh also no use of eminent domain for govt to steal land from the rabble to hand over to developer buddies. Developers want land they should have to negotiate with all "the little people" on price. Eminent domain should only be used for public use such as hiways, schools, govt buildings THAT ARE OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. Eminent domain for good ole boy network to make MONEY are not in the public good even if their development will generate more tax revenue.

i have zero clue what this rant is about ...

people find ways to grow their wealth if they truly want to . end of story . it does not mean they are obscenely wealthy , it means they can achieve levels of financial independence .

Old 06-21-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i have zero clue what this rant is about ...

people find ways to grow their wealth if they truly want to . end of story . it does not mean they are obscenely wealthy , it means they can achieve levels of financial independence .

You quoted the entire Mircea post and I quoted you instead of Mircea. But since you apparently agree with all he wrote since you quoted whole thing....

You might want to read in entirety what you quoted. Its a big RANT but seemingly didnt bother you one iota. Anyway sorry I responded to wrong post.

But honest, wealth as measured by most is smoke and mirrors and whole lot hype. Very little wealth in USA is from actually producing anything (true wealth). Its money games and gambling. Conning people to finance their ice cream cone NOW. Privatizing profit, socializing loss. Its a system and not one to benefit the majority.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:50 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,327,781 times
Quote:
Obama? Hey, welcome to City-Data forums, Barack! Interesting that you would use an alias to spread your politics of division, identity, and class warfare throughout CD.

BTW, "native" Americans weren't native. They came across a land bridge from Siberia and displaced the bunny rabbits, Bambi's, and musk ox that were here before them. Every human is an immigrant to the western hemisphere. You must have been out smoking a reefer when that was covered in history class.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:

What a joke.

Obviously, you don’t understand the concept of a win win transaction. A person doesn’t need to know engineering, they hire someone at arms length to do it. You act as though this is a crime.

This is an economics forum. Your rambling is straight out of the lunatic fringe.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:25 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Oh the article is behind a paywall. No thanks.
I’m able to view it on my phone with no issue.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:29 PM

106,668 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:

a shame you actually wasted time typing this nonsense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics