Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 05:02 PM

2,264 posts, read 970,896 times

Advertisements

The price of gold should go thru the roof once Biden and his merry band of Modern Monetary Theorists take control and begin creating dollars like there’s no tomorrow. Already looking good as it moves towards $1,800.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 06:08 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Are we talking about increasing people's incomes or just replacing lost incomes? I see no reason to send out stimulus checks to people who haven't suffered any losses but I do think we need to continue the UI FPUC supplement, except adjusted so that no one draws more than 75% of their previous income. Replacing incomes shouldn't result in greater demand (or even match previous demand) so that handles one side of the inflation coin.
Oh. I thought we were talking about shoveling half a trillion dollars out to poor people like we did for the rich people. That $500 billion would put $5,000 in the pocket of every low income man, woman, and child in the country. Mom, Dad, and baby would get $15,000. In many cases, that would almost double the family income.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:10 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The price of gold should go thru the roof once Biden and his merry band of Modern Monetary Theorists take control and begin creating dollars like there’s no tomorrow. Already looking good as it moves towards $1,800.
It's a global currency race to the bottom. The precious metals are basically guaranteed to rise in price in this environment. But wait till the currency crisis really gets going- you won't be able to purchase gold, silver, platinum, etc for any amount of dollars.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:31 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You have a weird perspective on low income lifestyles. Give poor people more money and they will spend it on luxuries like clothes for their kids, child care, maybe a summer camp or music lessons, a more reliable vehicle, vegetables, data service, roach and rodent control, and all the other things that poverty forces them to do without.

32% of families in the US do not have enough income to meet basic needs. Provide them with an adequate income and the increased demand would definitely spark nationwide inflation, not just in the "hood."
I think I gave you the full perspective.

But that won't change the price of houses, new cars, larger durable goods, pianos, cruises, medical care, education and thousands of other things.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:18 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It's a global currency race to the bottom. The precious metals are basically guaranteed to rise in price in this environment.
So you have invested all your savings in previous metals?

Old 07-03-2020, 06:42 AM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
So you have invested all your savings in previous metals?
Well, I don't see anywhere else to invest my savings. All paper and digital assets, ie stocks, bonds, real estate, national currencies, and crypto-currencies, - will be eviscerated. The precious metals are the only asset class that are not in a bubble. In the case of silver, it is in an inverse bubble.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:00 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Well, I don't see anywhere else to invest my savings. All paper and digital assets, ie stocks, bonds, real estate, national currencies, and crypto-currencies, - will be eviscerated. The precious metals are the only asset class that are not in a bubble. In the case of silver, it is in an inverse bubble.
no one really knows what a bubble is ., because something went up based on it's future perception of things does not make it a bubble .

stocks are costly for todays earnings but if markets are in a presale for 2021 because investors wrote off 2020 , well then assets may still be cheap ,.

no one can say whether gold or bonds are in a bubble either .. if rates move negative they can be a value now . if rates and inflation fears trend higher then they are priced to high ..... gold and long term treasuries are both up about the sam eover the one year , about 25% ...how do you say one is a bubble but the other isn't , by what metric ? .

personally , i won't try to guess whats cheap and what's expensive .... i own all the assets that can correlate to the outcomes we can have and may the best asset class win .

Last edited by mathjak107; 07-03-2020 at 07:35 AM..

Old 07-03-2020, 08:33 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
no one really knows what a bubble is ., because something went up based on it's future perception of things does not make it a bubble .

stocks are costly for todays earnings but if markets are in a presale for 2021 because investors wrote off 2020 , well then assets may still be cheap ,.

no one can say whether gold or bonds are in a bubble either .. if rates move negative they can be a value now . if rates and inflation fears trend higher then they are priced to high ..... gold and long term treasuries are both up about the sam eover the one year , about 25% ...how do you say one is a bubble but the other isn't , by what metric ? .

personally , i won't try to guess whats cheap and what's expensive .... i own all the assets that can correlate to the outcomes we can have and may the best asset class win .
Exactly. Thinking that metal is more valuable because of a religious region isn’t a good investment strategy.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Exactly. Thinking that metal is more valuable because of a religious region isn’t a good investment strategy.
I still own multiple six figures of gld because gold is an important part of my strategy ..but it counts no more or less than other assets i hold. I am not smart enough to to predict which one will run with the ball and when

Old 07-03-2020, 09:06 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Quote:
It's a global currency race to the bottom. The precious metals are basically guaranteed to rise in price in this environment. But wait till the currency crisis really gets going- you won't be able to purchase gold, silver, platinum, etc for any amount of dollars.
That's what they want you think. It is a coordinated global market support program by the central banks for the currencies that comprise about 65 percent of the world currency basket. What they want you to think is competition is resynchronizing of the policies by the central banks.

It is a global financial bubble where the main buyers are the governments printing money. Bernanke was right when he said that the market would fall back to 1994 values without the central banks buying. That is when the QE programs started with the austerity budgets in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics