Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2020, 09:03 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,513,845 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure where to put this...

so, like many others I'm sure, I've been waiting on the next stimulus that has been being "negotiated" (or not) for the last month. I figured it would have been sent out weeks ago, but alas, those asshats can't seem to get their sh*t together.

I applied for PUA a month ago. and despite OR announcing that they are current and claimed to have processed remaining applications and paid billions, I and many others still haven't been processed. Idk if it's like this in other states, or worse here.

So, given that many ppl can't get the unemployment that they should, and the politicians supposedly working for us can't do their jobs, then I would think there should be some other avenue to help ppl with money until they can get the unemployment and stimulus that they deserve.

I tried calling the 211 number on the email I got after I applied for PUA, and they gave me the list of places that are supposed to help, but I think it was the same ones they had before, and I doubt they are really helping much, especially since there were already so many poor and homeless before.

so what do you do if youre still waiting for unemployment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 12:46 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
I tried calling the 211 number on the email I got after I applied for PUA, and they gave me the list of places that are supposed to help, but I think it was the same ones they had before, and I doubt they are really helping much, especially since there were already so many poor and homeless before.
So, did you actually call any of the places on the list or are you just assuming they can't/won't help you?

Old 08-14-2020, 01:01 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,513,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
So, did you actually call any of the places on the list or are you just assuming they can't/won't help you?
not yet. but I've went to places before that say they help with rent assistance or other stuff, but they really don't.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:09 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
So you want help, decided to not call any of the places that were given to you that are supposed to help, instead posting here about what to do?

Why not call them first, tell us what happens.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:44 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,530,785 times
At least in my state normal unemployment takes about 3 weeks during normal times. A month isn't really that much longer. Being that these aren't normal times, it's very likely you'll have to wait a little longer. Also, you need to put forth a greater effort than usual to get your benefits. I know several people who waited an hour or more to speak to someone about their benefits. Looks like you never even tried because of past bad experiences. Yeah, it's not perfect but eventually you should get your benefits. This is why an emergency fund is so important. You can also use credit cards or any other loan available to you (ex. home equity) to hold you over until your benefits arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics