Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 05:20 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,520,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Not in the lifetime of some that are reading this thread. Maybe 20% or so will croak from some issue before we (USA) has an accessible Covid 19 vaccine.. Are you sure you are in the 80%? No, none of us are
But if we were to be waiting in one of the many countries who have done MUCH better, 90+% will survive until a vaccine, and their governments may make sure they get an initial dose before the rationed shipments depart to USA
Wow this aged well.

20% of USA = 66 million deaths from covid, before we have an accessible vaccine?

Rationed shipments to USA? USA is leading the world (by far) in vaccine doses administered, and is second only to UK in doses/100k for large population countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 12:28 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,647 posts, read 57,711,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Wow this aged well.

20% of USA = 66 million deaths from covid, before we have an accessible vaccine?

Rationed shipments to USA? USA is leading the world (by far) in vaccine doses administered, and is second only to UK in doses/100k for large population countries.
Quote:
Maybe 20% or so will croak from some issue before we (USA) has an accessible Covid 19 vaccine.. Are you sure you are in the 80%?
Great comprehensive reading skills

Only 3m total deaths since Covid arrived, but I would tend to claim we are not out of the woods yet (4% vaccinated + the Anti Vaxxers who will NEVER vaccinate could cause prolonged occurrence). This is LONG from over, or even 'controlled' in USA.

But of course we (USA) have a LOT to brag about (strong lead in First place for Covid Deaths and infections and still killing ave 4,000 / day ! and woo-hoo... 4.26% fully vaccinated to date, We're just about there (Definitely we are big winners). USA is holding strongly in top 10 deaths / million of all countries !! Definitely stats to be sought after because we are so smart and efficient.
Americans Are Dying In The Pandemic At Rates Far Higher Than In Other Countries
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ther-countries
Our top notch healthcare and technology and facilities is yielding impressive results=
USA 1500+ deaths / m
Yemen & Haiti = 20 deaths / m
Somalia & Nigeria <10 deaths / m
NZ, Singapore 5 deaths / m
China = 3 deaths / m

Taiwan and Vietnam = 0.4 deaths / m
we're so smart (USA)

Vaccine is not yet accessible to most of USA, not even the 'qualified groups' (Our TX county got 188 doses last week!) over 6,000 residents are eligible.
In our WA county, appointments are gone within 8 minutes of being posted each week. (for those eligible)

Yup, we have certainly ARRIVED !
498,203 dead bodies USA only (10x Vietnam US casualties in only 10 months instead of 14 yrs!)
WW 2,418,839 deaths from Covid, same as total casualties in 21 yrs of the Vietnam conflict.

... those 2,418,839 are dead GONE. No more productivity or spending / savings, or inventions to contribute to the world economy.

Impressive, we are all aging real well (especially the USA's excellent medical and quality of life advances, for those who can afford it). (Disclaimer: I advocate for others (who DON'T have access as those 4% who got vaccinated) I'm not interested in my own needs. Poof, someday we will all be GONE. What we did for ourselves will have ZERO impact on the world, today, yesterday, or forever).

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 02-16-2021 at 01:21 AM..

Old 02-16-2021, 04:42 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,152,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Doctors and scientists are now saying they believe Coronavirus will always be with us. People are starting to understand this virus is NOT like H1N1 and cold viruses. In serious cases it wrecks nearly all systems in the body and often leaves lasting damage.

Trying to operate an economy in the face of such a lethal virus, I think is going to necessitate these changes: brick and mortar buying is going to disappear except for the most necessary products like groceries and drugs. Online buying will explode. 95% of our purchases will have to be done online. Big growth areas will include delivery services like UPS and InstaCart for delivering all these goods. Restaurants, nail salons, coffee houses, gyms, movie theaters and other such "pleasure" establishments will have to shut down. Owners need to train for new occupations. Office workers will have to tele-commute. Buildings will be boarded up. Gasoline use will plummet as people spend their leisure time at home. The governments will have to institute a VAT for revenue like Europe already does.

These are just a few of a MANY changes I think are coming to our way of life. Anybody else have any other prognostications?
If you are right then being an Amazon stockholder looks like it's going to pay off.

But who knows..... the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic was worse than Covid 19, and we didn't have anywhere near the information then as we had now, but in two years the virus was gone. POOF

Nobody knows what is going to happen.

Old 02-16-2021, 05:33 AM

24,403 posts, read 9,271,111 times
Quote:
Maybe 20% or so will croak from some issue before we (USA) has an accessible Covid 19 vaccine.. Are you sure you are in the 80%? No, none of us are
If 20% of Americans or the world were dying from COVID, you would not be allowed to walk outside right now.

Old 02-16-2021, 05:40 AM

106,114 posts, read 108,094,712 times
The stats are all messed up ...
comparing serious covid , hospitalizations and death to the general populations are quite low .

Comparing the number to those who test positive the numbers are higher .

Looking at an age curve they are awful ...a 60 year old has a 7500x higher rate of death than a teenager .

So at the end of the day the real deal is your own out come not statistics.

When I was hospitalized with covid my roomie was 37 , no underlying issues and in nasty shape from covid ..I was up all night because his coughing and breathing needed constant attention.

The biggest factor is the amount of viral load you are hit with

Old 02-16-2021, 06:28 AM

19,582 posts, read 17,866,183 times
Quote:
Great comprehensive reading skills

Only 3m total deaths since Covid arrived, but I would tend to claim we are not out of the woods yet (4% vaccinated + the Anti Vaxxers who will NEVER vaccinate could cause prolonged occurrence). This is LONG from over, or even 'controlled' in USA.

But of course we (USA) have a LOT to brag about (strong lead in First place for Covid Deaths and infections and still killing ave 4,000 / day ! and woo-hoo... 4.26% fully vaccinated to date, We're just about there (Definitely we are big winners). USA is holding strongly in top 10 deaths / million of all countries !! Definitely stats to be sought after because we are so smart and efficient.
Americans Are Dying In The Pandemic At Rates Far Higher Than In Other Countries
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ther-countries
Our top notch healthcare and technology and facilities is yielding impressive results=
USA 1500+ deaths / m
Yemen & Haiti = 20 deaths / m
Somalia & Nigeria <10 deaths / m
NZ, Singapore 5 deaths / m
China = 3 deaths / m

Taiwan and Vietnam = 0.4 deaths / m
we're so smart (USA)

Vaccine is not yet accessible to most of USA, not even the 'qualified groups' (Our TX county got 188 doses last week!) over 6,000 residents are eligible.
In our WA county, appointments are gone within 8 minutes of being posted each week. (for those eligible)

Yup, we have certainly ARRIVED !
498,203 dead bodies USA only (10x Vietnam US casualties in only 10 months instead of 14 yrs!)
WW 2,418,839 deaths from Covid, same as total casualties in 21 yrs of the Vietnam conflict.

... those 2,418,839 are dead GONE. No more productivity or spending / savings, or inventions to contribute to the world economy.

Impressive, we are all aging real well (especially the USA's excellent medical and quality of life advances, for those who can afford it). (Disclaimer: I advocate for others (who DON'T have access as those 4% who got vaccinated) I'm not interested in my own needs. Poof, someday we will all be GONE. What we did for ourselves will have ZERO impact on the world, today, yesterday, or forever).
That does not change the fact that your post was off by orders magnitude.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:42 AM

18,792 posts, read 8,401,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If 20% of Americans or the world were dying from COVID, you would not be allowed to walk outside right now.
Well some could. Those already surviving Covid 19 and those vaccinated.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:41 AM

332 posts, read 218,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The stats are all messed up ...
comparing serious covid , hospitalizations and death to the general populations are quite low .

Comparing the number to those who test positive the numbers are higher .

Looking at an age curve they are awful ...a 60 year old has a 7500x higher rate of death than a teenager .

So at the end of the day the real deal is your own out come not statistics.

When I was hospitalized with covid my roomie was 37 , no underlying issues and in nasty shape from covid ..I was up all night because his coughing and breathing needed constant attention.

The biggest factor is the amount of viral load you are hit with
No, the biggest factor is your immune system and overall health. I had the corona virus. It was just like other corona viruses that I had in the past. It lasted a couple days then gone. I am healthy though and very fit. The corona virus is a cold virus and has been around evolving since the beginning of time. All cold viruses are corona viruses.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:51 AM

106,114 posts, read 108,094,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
No, the biggest factor is your immune system and overall health. I had the corona virus. It was just like other corona viruses that I had in the past. It lasted a couple days then gone. I am healthy though and very fit. The corona virus is a cold virus and has been around evolving since the beginning of time. All cold viruses are corona viruses.
No that is incorrect ...the biggest factor is the dose you get of virus ....had you gotten a larger viral load your outcome could have been more like ours ..

I have never been in a hospital in my life prior , rarely sick and except for prediabetic which played no part at all , my wife and I have no underlying issues .

Immune systems when it comes to covid are impossible to predict.

It isn’t about the fact you don’t get colds or have no underlying issues ...immune systems when it comes to covid are based on so many other factors .

The amount of viral load we get at any given age determines a major part of our outcomes .

We all have different levels of memory cells ..these are cells that have some memory of dealing with similar proteins in the past , either from different diseases you had or vaccines.these are not antibodies.

It depends on genetics and the number of ac2 receptors you have for the virus to attach to .

One of the reasons kids don’t get it or get it asymptomatic is they have way fewer ac2 receptors .at every age level we all develop different amounts of receptors ...it is also now believed by being so much shorter they tend to also be out of the line of fire and get less viral load

Covid has been found to be notorious for blood clot damage .

Clots are responsible for not only deaths but permanent or long term damage .

Everyone being treated in the hospital got daily shots in the hospital of anti clotting protection .

We all had to be on anti clotting drugs for a month after getting home

But even then there is no guarantee that genetics won’t cause clot damage

No one knows where there immunity to covid falls out .

Studies recently released showed viral load our bodies have to deal with is the number one factor in adults.

The vaccines work both to reduce the effects of the virus but also it reduces the viral material we can spew many times over

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....06.21251283v1

I suggest you learn more by keeping up with the zdogg podcasts and his panelists who are directly involved in developing the vaccines or are involved in the forefront of current research

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-18-2021 at 05:10 AM..

Old 02-18-2021, 05:09 AM

332 posts, read 218,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
No that is incorrect ...the biggest factor is the dose you get of virus ....

Immune systems when it comes to covid are impossible to predict.

It isn’t about the fact you don’t get colds or have no underlying issues ...immune systems when it comes to covid are based on so many other factors .

We all have differentlevels of memory cells ..these are cells that have some memory of dealing with similar proteins in the past , either from different diseases you had or vaccines.

It depends on genetics and the number of ac2 receptors you have for the virus to attach to .

One of the reasons kids don’t get it or get it asymptomatic is they have way fewer ac2 receptors .at every age level we all develop different amounts of receptors ...

Covid has been found to be notorious for blood clot damage .

Clots are responsible for not only deaths but permanent or long term damage .

Everyone being treated in the hospital got daily shots in the hospital of anti clotting protection .

We all had to be on anti clotting drugs for a month after getting home

But even then there is no guarantee that genetics won’t cause clot damage

No one knows where there immunity to covid falls out .

Studies recently released showed viral load our bodies have to deal with is the number one factor in adults.

The vaccines work both to reduce the effects of the virus but also it reduces the viral material we can spew many times over

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....06.21251283v1

I suggest you learn more by keeping up with the zdogg podcasts and his panelists who are directly involved in developing the vaccines or are involved in the forefront of current research
I suggest you look at the death statistics they speak for themselves. Can you look at data yourself and form a conclusion? Maybe call the podcast and have them do it for you if you can not. The young almost suffer nothing from this. Why is that? It is because they have not abused themselves like most older folks. They do not pop down endless prescription drugs and stuff themselves with booze and food. Then become diabetic from their gluttony like so many older folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics