Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 05:12 AM

106,114 posts, read 108,094,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
I suggest you look at the death statistics they speak for themselves. Can you look at data yourself and form a conclusion? Maybe call the podcast and have them do it for you if you can not. The young almost suffer nothing from this. Why is that? It is because they have not abused themselves like most older folks. They do not pop down endless prescription drugs and stuff themselves with booze and food. Then become diabetic from their gluttony like so many older folks.
No , we are not talking death , we are talking serious covid requiring hospitalization ..anything else is no worse than the flu or bad cold. That allows the economy to open fully

How you do is linked to age. But your chances of severe illness is tied to the viral load you get at any adult age group .
Then your body comes in to play as to whether it can handle that amount of virus material based on all the other factors above . Which being immune to colds in the past are not a factor so you can’t say you have a good or poor immune system to covid UNTIL AFTER YOU GET IT .

Even then ,a low viral load will have a different outcome than a higher one on you.

As I said there are great source for learning . What you think is not the case and science is showing that.

In fact read the link I posted above from the latest study released this week.

Here is more science , but I guess you think you know better. ,like most of what you tend to post that is off base

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19057-5

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/88692

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0243597

It is the fact that the vaccines reduce not only the effects of covid on our own bodies but what we spew out on others that has many times the effectiveness allowing the economy to eventually stabilize from the effects as covid in many cases will now be reduced to no worse than a cold or flu as transmitted viral loads are greatly reduced as well .

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-18-2021 at 05:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 07:47 AM

18,791 posts, read 8,401,221 times
Quote:
I suggest you look at the death statistics they speak for themselves. Can you look at data yourself and form a conclusion? Maybe call the podcast and have them do it for you if you can not. The young almost suffer nothing from this. Why is that? It is because they have not abused themselves like most older folks. They do not pop down endless prescription drugs and stuff themselves with booze and food. Then become diabetic from their gluttony like so many older folks.
Why have we not seen similar hospitalization and death rates from colds and other corona viruses?

By summer as millions get the vaccine and Covid 19 hospitalization and death numbers drop precipitously, how will that correlate with your theory of personal abuse?

Old 02-18-2021, 07:42 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,328,185 times
Quote:
No, the biggest factor is your immune system and overall health. I had the corona virus. It was just like other corona viruses that I had in the past. It lasted a couple days then gone. I am healthy though and very fit. The corona virus is a cold virus and has been around evolving since the beginning of time. All cold viruses are corona viruses.
One case does not show anything, what matters is the data from thousands - the data shows that COVID is different from seasonal flu and the data backs that characterization - that is not opinion.

The mortality rate of seasonal flu is about 0.1% and few are hospitalized vs up to 3-4% mortality rate for COVID (WHC numbers) a significant number are hospitalized. Age is a much bigger determiner for COVID hospitalizations and deaths than seasonal flu viruses. The other major difference is ability to spread, the data seems to show that COVID spreads easier and an infected person spreads for significantly longer with and without showing symptoms.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:44 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,328,185 times
Quote:
So now you want to blame those that died? The explanation has already been given - your data is not backed by ANY studies. Get a medical degree and do the study to prove your theory, otherwise your contention is just nonsense.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
So now you want to blame those that died? The explanation has already been given - your data is not backed by ANY studies. Get a medical degree and do the study to prove your theory, otherwise your contention is just nonsense.
They shoot from the hip in almost every thread ...there is no science behind anything they ever post or data when it comes to financial forums

Old 02-24-2021, 05:29 AM

332 posts, read 218,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
They shoot from the hip in almost every thread ...there is no science behind anything they ever post or data when it comes to financial forums
We need experts to validate everything. Yes we shoot from the hip, but we are very healthy,. What about you? money can't buy health. I had covid, it was a sniffle.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:31 AM

332 posts, read 218,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
No , we are not talking death , we are talking serious covid requiring hospitalization ..anything else is no worse than the flu or bad cold. That allows the economy to open fully

How you do is linked to age. But your chances of severe illness is tied to the viral load you get at any adult age group .
Then your body comes in to play as to whether it can handle that amount of virus material based on all the other factors above . Which being immune to colds in the past are not a factor so you can’t say you have a good or poor immune system to covid UNTIL AFTER YOU GET IT .

Even then ,a low viral load will have a different outcome than a higher one on you.

As I said there are great source for learning . What you think is not the case and science is showing that.

In fact read the link I posted above from the latest study released this week.

Here is more science , but I guess you think you know better. ,like most of what you tend to post that is off base

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19057-5

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/88692

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0243597

It is the fact that the vaccines reduce not only the effects of covid on our own bodies but what we spew out on others that has many times the effectiveness allowing the economy to eventually stabilize from the effects as covid in many cases will now be reduced to no worse than a cold or flu as transmitted viral loads are greatly reduced as well .

You need to learn brevity.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
You need to learn not to shoot from the hip with what you think ...

Learn science and facts and learn not to generalize as if one size fits all

Old 02-24-2021, 12:05 PM

8,961 posts, read 5,994,936 times
Quote:
I think you are exhibiting a full fledged case of mental laziness by not processing mathjak107's post. Are you being mentally lazy?

Old 02-24-2021, 12:32 PM

19,580 posts, read 17,866,183 times
Quote:
We need experts to validate everything. Yes we shoot from the hip, but we are very healthy,. What about you? money can't buy health. I had covid, it was a sniffle.
A friend's pregnant daughter, she's 28 IIRC, is fighting for her and her baby's life in a Houston hospital right this second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics