Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 08:39 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times

Advertisements

I just finished reading it and it makes a lot of sense. A must read for anyone!

Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto: Ron Paul: Books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 09:14 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Where did you get it from? I looked at Borders and Walmart today but didn't find it.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:57 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
ron paul is the only politician out there who cares about the public and the only one who knows what he is talking about.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Too bad the public is too chicken to vote for this guy. Oh wait, even if they did the votes would be changed so he loses, or he would be assassinated.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 PM

192 posts, read 857,937 times
Yeah, too bad the election was media rigged from the start. The sheeple lose again. But you are right he would have been "eliminated".

Old 05-03-2008, 11:50 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Ron Paul won't give them their luxuries, he expects people to live within their means... unfortunately the other candidates say you should live with your luxuries and other people will pay for you to make your ends meet... Which one would the typical American go for? Its our society now that we have to resort to stealing from others, unfortunately we steal from those who succeed in life

Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Where did you get it from? I looked at Borders and Walmart today but didn't find it.
I bought the audio book but I would recommend amazon's used book section for the best deal.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM

11 posts, read 33,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I just finished reading it and it makes a lot of sense. A must read for anyone!

Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto: Ron Paul: Books
You know what else might make a lot sense to you? Libertarianism! (and I don't mean the Libertarian Party, necessarily) At the very basic level, everyone has the liberty to do as they please given they don't violate the liberties of others.

Just a suggestion, of course.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:27 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
I'm not one of the Ron Paul brigade, and I don't think Ron Paul is electable.

However, I believe pretty much that he will prove to be hugely influential in the coming elections as the founder of a new movement within the Republican party. He's basically this generation's answer to Barry Goldwater.

Why? Because both the Republican and Democratic Party are reliant on heavy handed statism at this point. The Democrats want to give people personal freedom, but heavily regulate the economy. Meanwhile the Republicans want to limit human freedom, but loosen things up on the economic front. Ron Paul stands for limited government both in the personal and economic spheres of our life.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm not one of the Ron Paul brigade, and I don't think Ron Paul is electable.

However, I believe pretty much that he will prove to be hugely influential in the coming elections as the founder of a new movement within the Republican party. He's basically this generation's answer to Barry Goldwater.

Why? Because both the Republican and Democratic Party are reliant on heavy handed statism at this point. The Democrats want to give people personal freedom, but heavily regulate the economy. Meanwhile the Republicans want to limit human freedom, but loosen things up on the economic front. Ron Paul stands for limited government both in the personal and economic spheres of our life.
He's better than Goldwater on terms of social issues. He's against Roe V. Wade and understands what the first amendment actually says in regards to religion. Ron Paul and Alan Keyes are the only two candidates I could vote for. I'd pay to see their two great minds debate foreign policy and "free" trade. While both of them agree that entering war with Iraq was a bad move, I tend to side with Alan that we are obligated to finish what we started. To me, Ron doesn't seem like he has a grasp on just how dangerous the Islamic movement is. We have to be very careful of the conflicts we choose to get involved in, but the world is far too dangerous for a hands off non interventionist philosophy. WWII proved that. Paul could bring alot more to his camp if he wasn't so dovish in regards to radical Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics