Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 09:29 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's too much risk of privately-funded research having a hidden agenda, which has been proven time and again. Do you really want research on the risks of smoking to be handled by the tobacco companies, or science research to be handled by corporations interested in "proving" their products aren't harmful? I don't.

There's not much I agree with in this post, but I agree with this point.

I really don't want the determination of "truth" to be handled by Facebook, Twitter and Google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 09:51 PM

4,907 posts, read 3,365,277 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL6kuMkCbR8

Fast-forward to 10:20 of the above video and notice point #5.

The concept of Central Banking is literally straight out of the Communist Manifest!!!

And considering how much the Federal Reserve and other Central Banks have been buying up more and more assets around the world...

Old 09-26-2020, 10:28 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,385,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
It seems like you're saying central planning would have worked better than free supply and demand. It might have in that case, but it doesn't work in most cases.

But we have plenty of central planning going on now, as I said. The Fed's interventions and bailouts. And the tax-payer funded vaccine development.

The pandemic has been an excuse for the rulers to increase their power.
No where close to communism - the feds control the money supply, not own all private property and not controlling what gets produced with what resources. I think you need to relook at the definition of communism.

- Communism is an economic ideology that advocates for a classless society in which all property and wealth are communally-owned and distributed, with central control of production.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:43 AM

106,771 posts, read 108,997,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
No where close to communism - the feds control the money supply, not own all private property and not controlling what gets produced with what resources. I think you need to relook at the definition of communism.

- Communism is an economic ideology that advocates for a classless society in which all property and wealth are communally-owned and distributed, with central control of production.
Never let facts get in the way of the ops good stories about their fear of things

Old 09-27-2020, 07:35 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,427,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post

We are going towards communism, as the central bank owns more and more shares of private business.

Old 09-27-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Never let facts get in the way of the ops good stories about their fear of things
You think it's perfectly ok for central banks to have unlimited power.

Old 09-27-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
You think it's perfectly ok for central banks to have unlimited power.
I don’t really have an opinion on it because I don’t know all the ramifications on both sides to have a valid opinion ...all I know is what works for me or how to play what I am dealt .....

I don’t bother wasting time dwelling on what I can’t control.... I just take lemons and make lemonade , that is all I know with enough knowledge to have an opinion on.

I don’t pretend to be an amateur arm chair economist or wannabe armed with half a head of knowledge on the subject

Old 09-27-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I don’t really have an opinion on it because I don’t know all the ramifications on both sides to have a valid opinion ...all I know is what works for me or how to play what I am dealt .....

I don’t bother wasting time dwelling on what I can’t control.... I just take lemons and make lemonade , that is all I know with enough knowledge to have an opinion on.

I don’t pretend to be an amateur arm chair economist or wannabe armed with half a head of knowledge on the subject
If you prefer to stay ignorant, why not ignore my posts on this subject? Why should it bother you if I don't want to be ignorant?

Blind faith in experts is destroying this country. People underestimate their ability to read and understand.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:04 AM

27,597 posts, read 28,700,475 times
Quote:
But unfortunately we are quickly losing our free market economy in the US. Central planners who think they are geniuses have taken control. The Fed decides who gets bailed out. The Fed buys corporate bonds, and indirectly buys equities. Central banks are buying up businesses. How is that free enterprise?
You really don't like these low interest rates. Isn't that so?

Old 09-27-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You really don't like these low interest rates. Isn't that so?
No non investors like them..they still don’t understand that at higher rates and higher inflation they still have negative real returns

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-27-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics