Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 01:24 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,782,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
How dare you explain why politicians will never get anything done despite the promises they make to get elected.
not to mention they need more than a simple majority, they need 60 seats in the Senate to impose their will, that's why Republicans weren't able to do as much as everyone thought they should have when Trump took office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 01:43 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Our effective tax rate is a little more than 5% on gross Income of close to 100k. [not including Medicare A, B, & D]. We live fairly frugally.
Hail King Trump, for the CARE Act, which helped out a renter, and paying for our rooms on this mini vacation in the great State of Utah.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:44 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Well, I'm far from wealthy, and we pay more in taxes under Trump's plan than before it was implemented. Limiting things like deductions for property taxes and mortgage interest really screwed us.

Hey, but glad to see Trump only paid $750!
Doubtful.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:47 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Biden has sometimes said that he will repeal the Tax Act of 2017. On other occasions, he has said he will repeal that act only for those with income over $400K. If it is the former, then taxes will increase for 80-90% of taxpayers.
There is a huge number of OTHER tax increases besides this. He is going to eliminate capital gains which will affect a lot of people, too. If you want sell a home or a stock.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:03 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
You said right wing and implied hard right when source you linked said Right Center economically and Left Center socially - I am guessing you did not actually read past the first line under what you linked. You don't need quote marks to mischaracterize or misquote a source - still an issue of coloring the actual data unless go to the link and read. Conservative is NOT the same as Right wing, there are many conservative Dems. Many center left Dems are mostly free market philosophy - conservative in their economics.

You apparently do not see the hypocrisy of mischaracterizing the rating when complaining about not IDing the source of a report that was linked.
Do you truly not understand what a quotation is and how quotation marks are essential? I mischaracterized nothing, I implied nothing. If you drew an incorrect inference, that's your problem, not mine. Now you have admitted to guessing and you're wrong there too.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:51 PM

166 posts, read 91,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Well, I'm far from wealthy, and we pay more in taxes under Trump's plan than before it was implemented. Limiting things like deductions for property taxes and mortgage interest really screwed us.

Hey, but glad to see Trump only paid $750!
Well, have you no business sense? Anyone with a brain and a business would try and reduce that as close to zero as possible.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:06 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
There is a huge number of OTHER tax increases besides this. He is going to eliminate capital gains which will affect a lot of people, too. If you want sell a home or a stock.
Do you have a link to the removal of the primary residence capital gains exclusion ?

Old 10-22-2020, 08:08 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Everyone, should, want & need to pay taxes so that they understand what government costs.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Do you truly not understand what a quotation is and how quotation marks are essential? I mischaracterized nothing, I implied nothing. If you drew an incorrect inference, that's your problem, not mine. Now you have admitted to guessing and you're wrong there too.
You really do you not understand the difference between accuracy and a clear mischaracterization - you mischaracterized the rating. Your statement of "admitted to guessing" is also a clear mischaracterization of my statemen - I only said that I guessed that you did not read your own link because you clearly missed that they are also characterized as left center socially. You also commented that "results are what one would expect of a right wing" in order to dismiss their results.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
You really do you not understand the difference between accuracy and a clear mischaracterization - you mischaracterized the rating. Your statement of "admitted to guessing" is also a clear mischaracterization of my statemen - I only said that I guessed that you did not read your own link because you clearly missed that they are also characterized as left center socially. You also commented that "results are what one would expect of a right wing" in order to dismiss their results.
Look, you said you guessed, do you want me to argue with you about it? You guessed, and you were wrong - it's very simple.

Now you're claiming I "mischaracterized" a rating when I did not characterize it at all. At least you've given up your bogus claim that I "misquoted" something when I had not quoted anything at all.

If you have any kind of point to make try to do it without guessing or making false claims about what I wrote when it is there for all to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics