Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 05:11 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
do tell, how does one do this, legally?
I didn’t say it had to be legal. Are you aware of personally that Trump’s accounting/business dealing all have been legal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 05:21 PM

2,746 posts, read 1,779,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I didn’t say it had to be legal. Are you aware of personally that Trump’s accounting/business dealing all have been legal?
I am aware of the fact that he has been under audit and has not been charged with any crimes. That audit at one point had reached a settlement and had been sent to the Joint Committee for review, no charges were ever filed.

Even the NYT has not used the term evasion in their reporting of his tax returns.

Are you personally aware of illegal tax reporting that has been done?

Are there legal ways to accomplish what you suggested? If so, what are they?

Old 10-19-2020, 06:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Maybe if it started at $4 million. $400k is too low. We can't increase taxes on the middle class.
Agreed 400K is far too low. $400k isn't rich. That's attorneys, pilots, physicians etc that will get screwed by this. People that still work very hard to do so.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I am aware of the fact that he has been under audit and has not been charged with any crimes. That audit at one point had reached a settlement and had been sent to the Joint Committee for review, no charges were ever filed.

Even the NYT has not used the term evasion in their reporting of his tax returns.

Are you personally aware of illegal tax reporting that has been done?

Are there legal ways to accomplish what you suggested? If so, what are they?
I don’t personally have any details about djt personal situation to implicate or exonerate him and I’m sure you don’t either. If you referred back to my previous post when I said “bs or nonsense” did you think I was implying legally? I’m pretty sure most who read that certainly didn’t think I was talking about legal routes, if you are still unclear please let me know

Old 10-19-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Agreed 400K is far too low. $400k isn't rich. That's attorneys, pilots, physicians etc that will get screwed by this. People that still work very hard to do so.
And they could pay more, so could those in the 300k+ range, the 200k+ range. Who’s going to pay more or sign off on the spending cuts?

Old 10-19-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I don’t personally have any details about djt personal situation to implicate or exonerate him and I’m sure you don’t either. If you referred back to my previous post when I said “bs or nonsense” did you think I was implying legally? I’m pretty sure most who read that certainly didn’t think I was talking about legal routes, if you are still unclear please let me know
Just wanted you to clarify that you had no idea what you were talking about and had nothing to add to the conversation. Thanks for taking care of that for me. I appreciate it.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:17 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
And they could pay more, so could those in the 300k+ range, the 200k+ range. Who’s going to pay more or sign off on the spending cuts?
And 100k range and 50k range and 20k range. Hell just tax everyone up the wahoo and spend spend spend.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Just wanted you to clarify that you had no idea what you were talking about and had nothing to add to the conversation. Thanks for taking care of that for me. I appreciate it.
You don’t have any personal details and didn’t add anything factually either to the specific scenario so there you have it

Old 10-19-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
And 100k range and 50k range and 20k range. Hell just tax everyone up the wahoo and spend spend spend.
Actually the spend spend spend shouldn’t happen in an expanding economy and neither should tax cuts. Multiple mistakes that have to be corrected at some point. Also from a federal standpoint most people make 20k aren’t paying income tax, neither aren most in the 50k especially HHLD or they are paying a slim amount.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
You don’t have any personal details and didn’t add anything factually either to the specific scenario so there you have it
The scenario you decided to create? No. I did add something to the conversation by informing the poster I responded to how they could get a similar tax result if they so desired, which was the purpose of my post that you decided to respond to. So there you have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics