Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:03 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Good for you. I live in a state which has banned fracking. We have survived. Amazing.
And none of the gasoline you put into your car and none of the natural gas that you (maybe) cook with is fracked, right? It's all good old fashioned drilled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 02:15 PM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Good for you. I live in a state which has banned fracking. We have survived. Amazing.
You import other states' petroleum products. That's how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Anything as difficult as drilling/fracking for oil and gas will result in some failures. But so long as you want the greatest quality of life in the history of man, as Americans have enjoyed the last many decades, oil and gas are part of the deal and will remain as such for the next several decades.

Most of the US's pro-rata decrease in greenhouse gasses over the last many years is due to natural gas.

As someone in O&G, from a purely selfish perspective, Biden and crew slowing fracking on federal lands and protected areas would help my pocketbook - same with states. However, it would hurt yours.

Would you please post some of the cases in which people were injured/poisoned by fracking fluids? None of the false-flag current era biological decomposition gas nonsense either.
and before we learned to drill for oil millions of whales died to keep the lamps lit.
Great points. Producing energy is always messy and imperfect. To the enviro-wackos this is a fourth-grade civics project. These peoples' solutions are on an infantile level; the "rich people" will pay for it all.

Last edited by jbgusa; 10-24-2020 at 02:29 PM..

Old 10-28-2020, 02:47 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
In O&G settlements often mean nothing. I pay non-lease holders/non-rights holders "royalty" payments all the time to avoid nuisance lawsuits.

If the thrust of that paper was correct half of all Texans would be dead. Heck, can't sleep......blame the gas company.
Nuisance lawsuits, yes I suppose that is a word to use when you get hit in the pocket for disregard of regulations and safety of the environment and mankind. What a flippant attitude to parlay against society .

Where did you get half of Texas? No where is that stat/percentage indicated. What IS indicated is that Fracking is a hazard and the benefits DO not outweigh a life. Period. Let that sink in instead of hazardous waste .....

Old 10-28-2020, 08:05 AM

19,782 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Nuisance lawsuits, yes I suppose that is a word to use when you get hit in the pocket for disregard of regulations and safety of the environment and mankind. What a flippant attitude to parlay against society .

Where did you get half of Texas? No where is that stat/percentage indicated. What IS indicated is that Fracking is a hazard and the benefits DO not outweigh a life. Period. Let that sink in instead of hazardous waste .....
That's low information sloganism. Stow the preachy-hypocrisy and get back to me the day you don't drive a car, use public transport, heat your abode, shop at the grocery store, need a hospital, use the computer or phone your post with etc. The benefits pay a net positive social yield.

My attitude is flippant regarding nuisance lawsuits not legitimate ones. I can offer many examples of the former but will stick with one.

I was sued by a lady who claimed vibrations from a seismic vibrator truck used on my property caused her all manner of physical problems - keep in mind her home was miles away. The problem is it wasn't a seismic truck it was an anhydrous ammonia buggy.

My half of Texas line was obviously a device used to make a point. And that point remains if fracking was as bad as low info-types like you believe Texas would be overwhelmed with sick and dead people.

We/Texas have ~55,000 injection wells, produce much more than a billion barrels of oil and 9 or 10 trillion MCF of gas annually. There's a fair chance some of the electricity you've used lately was generated with Texas gas.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:57 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
And none of the gasoline you put into your car and none of the natural gas that you (maybe) cook with is fracked, right? It's all good old fashioned drilled?
Do you have any stats on how much US fracked oil makes it to the US gasoline market?

Old 10-28-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Do you have any stats on how much US fracked oil makes it to the US gasoline market?
I don't know the answer to your question specifically.

However, in 2019 according to Texas A&M roughly 63% of US oil was considered tight oil (that means nearly all of that number was fracked) and roughly 87% of natural gas was unconventional.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:43 AM

10,304 posts, read 6,837,174 times
"Less fracking" = less supply.

less supply = higher prices (especially in commodities.)

So, less fracking = higher street pricing.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:10 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,953,484 times
"Nationally, fracking produces two-thirds (67 percent) of the natural gas in the United States, according to the US Energy Information Administration, and approximately 50 percent of the nation's oil."

Old 10-28-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
"Nationally, fracking produces two-thirds (67 percent) of the natural gas in the United States, according to the US Energy Information Administration, and approximately 50 percent of the nation's oil."
Do you have a time stamp on those numbers? I'm more or less sure both are old or maybe some imported products are being considered.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:53 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,282,748 times
Many more high paying green jobs and actually addressing the global warming crisis. A win-win for America and planet earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics