Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 03:36 PM

19,044 posts, read 27,620,833 times

Advertisements

I am in agreement with my employer that he will reimburse me for business related mileage.
Before, I worked for several same type businesses, with multiple locations. I was reimbursed for travel from home to 2ry location and, from primary employment location to 2ry office.
I have that feeling that, for my new employer (5 weeks there) this is a bit new and want to be very respectful, as I need to submit my mileage for December.
Here's situation.
1. Company HQ is 19 miles away from my residence. I spent there 16 hrs a week - Monday, Wednesday morning, Friday morning. Wednesday and Friday I commute from HQ to satellite location, where I work for the rest of the week. Or, at least 24 hrs.
2. satellite location is 14 miles distance from HQ. I either go direct there Tuesday/Thursday or, drive there Wednesday and Friday lunch time and then go home.

It is my understanding that, travel to satellite location is to be reimbursed, as business mileage.

I read IRS publication but it didn't make me any smarter and, is for mileage deduction. Not applicable.

Here's my question.

Which one is my primary place of employment? My understanding, it is where I work more hours. Then, travel to HQ/from HQ, where I spend less time, is business mileage and this is what I submit to my employer.
Folks, I don't want to offend the guy. He's been super nice to me. But, this is how it worked before with several of my employers as they all had multiple locations.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics