Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 05:53 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times

Advertisements

Some people see stock and housing price increases as wealth accumulation.

Others see it for what is really is:

Inflation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 11:50 PM

761 posts, read 316,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

Inflation...
All things in this world have a value.

The value of property and the rights to owning part of the companies that make up the mightiest country in human civilization...during a time period where humanity is on the forefront of technology and innovation...

...well it’s gonna cost ya

Old 12-24-2020, 12:14 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
There is simply no better place on earth to live than the United States of America in 2020.
Not true. America only ranks #15 in the quality of life rankings.
https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp

Countries like Australia, Netherlands, Germany, and New Zealand destroy America's butt in almost every category known to main.

Comparing all English speaking countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, America), America only beats UK and Canada.

Conclusion: America is not the best country to live on planet earth, that would be Australia (I excluded non-English speaking countries like Norway and Sweden because we all know they're small homogenous countries)

Old 12-24-2020, 12:19 AM

761 posts, read 316,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not true. America only ranks #15 in the quality of life rankings.
https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp

Countries like Australia, Netherlands, Germany, and New Zealand destroy America's butt in almost every category known to main.

Comparing all English speaking countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, America), America only beats UK and Canada.

Conclusion: America is not the best country to live on planet earth, that would be Australia (I excluded non-English speaking countries like Norway and Sweden because we all know they're small homogenous countries)
Your survey means nothing to me or anyone else.

Tell me what countries on your list offer the multi-generational protection that comes along with the might of the United States?

All tiny nobodies on the world scene.

The WORLD revolves around the United States circa 2020.

As we delve further into our digital existence as humans — there is NO other place I want to establish roots for myself, children and future generations.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:53 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

Inflation...
Yes... Everyone likes inflation when it's in the stock market because it makes them feel rich. No one likes inflation when it's in the supermarket because it makes them feel poor. At some point though, all this massive inflation will move into the supermarket with disastrous consequences....

Old 12-24-2020, 06:59 AM

50,787 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Very few Americans actually give up their citizenship and move to those countries permanently, even though they are some of the top countries economically.

You have to wonder why that is.
Because we have ties here, mostly. It takes a certain kind of person to move somewhere away from all they know, even if what they know isn't good.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:00 AM

50,787 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
A survey like that means nothing. The peak of human existence in modern times is living a middle class lifestyle in America. The world is jealous.

Furthermore, for actual long term security which includes military (and possibly gun ownership rights) — NONE of the countries listed make the cut. I’m personally looking for 150+ year multi-generational security through wars, pandemics...everything.
Our middle class has been declining for years. Why would anyone be jealous of us, outside of third world countries? We Dom't have as good a standard of living as most first world countries.

I don't feel secure here, our society and civilization is crumbling here. Most of the first world feels pity for us, not jealousy.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:59 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Very few Americans actually give up their citizenship and move to those countries permanently, even though they are some of the top countries economically.

You have to wonder why that is.
They don't because it's nice to keep US passport as an insurance policy. So you are right they don't give it up but they don't actually live here either. I know plenty of people who carries multiple passports that come here and go abroad during the year.

US isn't the best place to live anymore which is why many muslim migrants rather be in the EU than come here. If you go to hospital in EU, you actually get care. If you go to hospitals here, you get stuck filling out paperwork and you'll die waiting.

I know many Chinese business folks who packed up and went back because US business regulations kills small businesses and allowed big businesses to reap those regulations.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:22 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Most of the first world feels pity for us, not jealousy.
As long we get to live in bigger houses and drive bigger cars, I am okay with other countries feeling pity for us.

LOL

Old 12-24-2020, 08:27 AM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Look at housing and stock prices.

Our property is a hot commodity. Our stock market won’t slow for any force of nature.

My conclusion:

There is simply no better place on earth to live than the United States of America in 2020. There has never been anywhere better to live as far as having access to so much with such a high degree of upward mobility for even people with no skill following simple practical financial advice.

The US empire is just getting started.

Iceland.
Switzerland.
Just 2 I can think of at hand.

Oh, dem oil Arab countries...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics