Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 10:44 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
I don't know how can anyone feel sorry for landlords who belong to vampire class? Landlords have done nothing but act as vultures who benefit from corrupt systems and the policies which ensure their wealth. Do not feel sorry for the landlord, do not ever believe that your landlord cares about you. The only thing your landlord cares about is stealing your paycheck every month.

Good Luck!!!
So a smart person like you can get revenge by never renting a place to live and thus never enable the greedy landlord.
I’ve seen many cardboard boxes you can use to live in under any freeway overpass you like.
That’ll show those landlords.
Such a simpleton.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If the landlords evict, those properties will sit empty anyway --- so I don't get it. What's the rush?
You don’t understand anything about the rental market, do you? None of my properties stay vacant. One goes empty, it’s quickly filled.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:55 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Because I changed jobs --- anything else Bob? Investment strategy maybe, Bob? No --- didn't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I and millions have changed jobs, w/o ever facing court over possible eviction. It takes a ton of past due rent to reach eviction stage.
Is all you have is trolling stuff --- you disappoint me Bob and I don't have to explain myself --- I just needed you to understand I saw your BS. And then try to get you to go from there with a substantial argument for why a landlord should change their investment portfolio in the real estate market? During a pandemic when people were not allowed to go to work?

You got nothing but hot air --- really disappointing, Bob. Seriously.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
That is exactly when many crimes get decided they will be committed. When quality of life has disintegrated such that jail would actually provide more stability, so people feel free to lash out against anyone by whom they feel wronged. They respond to verbal with physical, civil with criminal, etc.

Except you do realize that if you try to stand off with your landlord, the cops will get called, and when they hear you're armed, you may just get a full SWAT experience. They tend to shoot first and ask questions later.
Stop using reason.
Jobhunter2018 will soon be known as convict2021.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
If the landlords evict, those properties will sit empty anyway --- so I don't get it. What's the rush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You don’t understand anything about the rental market, do you? None of my properties stay vacant. One goes empty, it’s quickly filled.
Post #26, seems to think otherwise.
PS: ever thought of selling and getting rid of your monthly income? Bob seems to think you would? See his comments.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
PS: ever thought of selling and getting rid of your monthly income? Bob seems to think you would? See his comments.
If something pays better, sure. I live off my rentals and considering they have all gone up 100 to 150% in value in 5 years, they would be tough to beat.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If something pays better, sure. I live off my rentals and considering they have all gone up 100 to 150% in value in 5 years, they would be tough to beat.
Okay, so lets dig deeper --- there are those that are being kicked to the curb, because they couldn't go to work, they couldn't make their rent -- do you kick 'em to the curb or negotiate a deal?

Or as Bob suggested one might do --- sell your properties?

Old 12-28-2020, 02:01 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
I don't know how can anyone feel sorry for landlords who belong to vampire class? Landlords have done nothing but act as vultures who benefit from corrupt systems and the policies which ensure their wealth. Do not feel sorry for the landlord, do not ever believe that your landlord cares about you. The only thing your landlord cares about is stealing your paycheck every month.

Good Luck!!!
No one is asking you to feel sorry, just realize that there are 2 sides and landlords have bills to pay also. If anything is corrupt, it is the misuse of rental relief by those that are still fully employed. I don't understand why you consider it "stealing" to get compensated for providing shelter for the amount that you agreed to.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:51 AM

61,648 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Stop using reason.
Jobhunter2018 will soon be known as convict2021.
Jobhunter left the building and this thread is ripe to be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics