Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2021, 11:15 AM

585 posts, read 495,755 times

Advertisements

My husband said he was denied payroll protection funding so he has to close his business. I asked him if they emailed him the denial and he said they will today. So I said I want to read it. Then he said he probably won’t get the email until after they close the business at the end of next month. I asked how you apply for it and he said requirements come from the government, but their bank (the bank his company uses) review and either approve or deny. The reason I ask this is because for years he says he probably has to close the business but then he doesn’t and half the things he tells me are exaggerated or not true. He said he is talking to his lawyer to work out severance packages and closing costs/legal matters. He said he received a verbal denial today. Nothing comes in the mail until the Federal government officially denies based on what is submitted by the bank today. That letter could take weeks to come. The company will be closed before that. I’m just wonder if you know how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 01:07 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Try a different bank.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:14 PM

19,801 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My husband said he was denied payroll protection funding so he has to close his business. I asked him if they emailed him the denial and he said they will today. So I said I want to read it. Then he said he probably won’t get the email until after they close the business at the end of next month. I asked how you apply for it and he said requirements come from the government, but their bank (the bank his company uses) review and either approve or deny. The reason I ask this is because for years he says he probably has to close the business but then he doesn’t and half the things he tells me are exaggerated or not true. He said he is talking to his lawyer to work out severance packages and closing costs/legal matters. He said he received a verbal denial today. Nothing comes in the mail until the Federal government officially denies based on what is submitted by the bank today. That letter could take weeks to come. The company will be closed before that. I’m just wonder if you know how it works.
Who knows for sure:

1. His bank may not have any more PPP money to lend.

2. His business may be in financial shape such that he was denied on the merits.

3. Call up other banks and see what they say.

Last edited by EDS_; 02-22-2021 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-22-2021, 03:01 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
It sounds like he's been looking for an excuse to wind the business down for a while now and could be very well not following up in the process anymore because he really is serious this time about closing.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:15 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,062,904 times
Quote:
You already have your answer. As I understand it, process to even apply for a PPP loan is quite difficult and involved. As him to show you the paperwork he submitted. If he can whip out a folder with all of the information required, he’s not being truthful.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:40 AM

1,781 posts, read 1,209,087 times
With all due respect you clearly do not trust him in this area. Is he worth keeping if he can't be trusted? Only you can decide and certainly no need to tell us.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:22 AM

9,867 posts, read 7,740,106 times
Quote:
I know how it works. You apply online at any participating bank or funding company. You upload required financial documents including tax returns, payroll documents, IRS payroll forms, borrower worksheets, drivers license, etc. The bank may email or call you if they need more information as they review your application and make sure you have everything the SBA requires. If you are declined you'll get an email. If you are approved, you'll get an email with loan docs to sign electronically.

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like even the PPP funding would not be enough to keep the company going. Maybe he was talking directly with his banker and he said it wouldn't go through.

Many businesses are closing. I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this. I'm sure it's very stressful for him, especially since it sounds like he hoped things would turn around. Wishing you both all the best in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics