Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:47 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
WOW!! Just wow!

S/he still qualifies. Anyone on public assistance is getting it. You can read about it on the IRS site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 08:30 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
You're on the Public Dole, right? You don't work for a living, right?
WOW!! Just wow!
Do you two have anything relevant to add to the topic, or are you just trying to hijack the thread?

Old 03-23-2021, 11:37 AM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I'm just wondering how many of you have received your third stimulus checks?

Last Friday I cleared money out of my bank account to avoid going over my resource limits, when I read that the electronic payments would start going out last weekend. When the payment didn't show up over the weekend, I saw some articles saying that the official date was Wednesday. I'm not sure what the reports were that they would start going out last weekend, if the actual date was Wednesday. Now it's Friday and I'm still not seeing the payment in my bank account.

It took over three weeks before I received the first stimulus payment. The second one showed up in my account just two days after they approved it. This one is looking like it's going to be more like the first. So what are your experiences?
Not eligible, don't want it, don't need it.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:26 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,856 times
I am still getting the same status information you posted. I know quite a few people who have yet to receive their direct deposit as we all did the previous two payments. Since I know it's not just me and I did read something about another round going out Wed, I am not too worried. I just hope it arrives before I'm ready to head out of town early May.

I don't think I ever got the message that the previous checks were on their way, the money, one day, just showed up in the acct. The second payment came really fast though.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:04 PM

4,271 posts, read 6,295,785 times
Ours shows as "pending" as of today, and should be available in our account tomorrow. We'll use half to pay off a debt, and the rest will go into our emergency fund.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:15 PM

11,049 posts, read 6,637,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Laudable.

Getting tedious reading about the self-professed millionaires gleefully collecting their stim pymts.

What happened to the upper income limits?

Is Bezos getting his $1,400 too?

Old 03-23-2021, 01:22 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Laudable.

Getting tedious reading about the self-professed millionaires gleefully collecting their stim pymts.

What happened to the upper income limits?

Is Bezos getting his $1,400 too?
Neither me nor my siblings are getting checks. And none of us need it or want it. It absurd who the are sending this money to. There are income limits - not sure why a "millionaire" is receiving a stimulus check. That's just not right.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:54 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I honestly don't know if we received one or not. I'll just wait and see on our next statement.
So you have not explored your bank online? Yet here you are??

Old 03-23-2021, 03:59 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It is an economic stimulus check. Take it and spend it, you idiot. It is for the country as a whole, not to save. I'll be spending mine on slow horses, strong liquor, and fast women. The rest I'll just waste.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I am still getting the same status information you posted. I know quite a few people who have yet to receive their direct deposit as we all did the previous two payments. Since I know it's not just me and I did read something about another round going out Wed, I am not too worried. I just hope it arrives before I'm ready to head out of town early May.

I don't think I ever got the message that the previous checks were on their way, the money, one day, just showed up in the acct. The second payment came really fast though.
It's so weird how the second one came so quick, and this one is taking so long. When they announced the second payment had passed, I think it was the first time I checked my account balance, that I saw it had been deposited. It wasn't a complete shock, because they said it would be fast. But still I was impressed I got it that quick. This one seems to be going more like the first check did. Not fast at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics