Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 03:06 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

I got mine within 2 days after Biden signed the bill. It's collecting dust in the bank until I decide which Chinese product I'll spend it on. I didn't need any of the three stimulus checks I received.....but thanks for the cash Joe....lol....what a mess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 03:54 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Oddly.. I got mine yesterday.

the past 2 have been a paper check because I have owed taxes the past few years. So they had my bank details on file, but only for me paying, not for them sending me money..

This one, somehow magically went direct deposit. Without me updating it or filing 2020 taxes or anything.

Not sure what changed there, but.. Whatever. I wasn't expecting it until May.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:07 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Laudable.

Getting tedious reading about the self-professed millionaires gleefully collecting their stim pymts.

What happened to the upper income limits?

Is Bezos getting his $1,400 too?
Surely you must know the difference between income and wealth,... right?

I neither receive or need the disaster relief $$, which really just props up the deflationary effects of government imposed shutdowns. (Sort of like blood transfusions in one arm while you are amputating the other! )
Hard to imagine a fourth giveaway when covid deaths are falling, but what happens when it ends?
Will people cry out in shock 'What? No more FREE MONEY!??

Old 03-25-2021, 02:59 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Not yet. I'm really worried about that article that said that only current Direct Express card holders can receive the latest stimulus payment. If that is true, and they changed the way the payments are made, I'm not happy. The way they distributed the second payment worked perfectly. I'm not sure why they would fix what wasn't broken.

It will come, it sounds like yours will be delayed. As I told you my daughter did get hers. I could have sworn you did the get my payment with the 1st check.

Only suggestion I have is to keep going to the get my payment daily to see if it updates because it could.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:40 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Oddly.. I got mine yesterday.

the past 2 have been a paper check because I have owed taxes the past few years. So they had my bank details on file, but only for me paying, not for them sending me money..

This one, somehow magically went direct deposit. Without me updating it or filing 2020 taxes or anything.

Not sure what changed there, but.. Whatever. I wasn't expecting it until May.
We received the first and second as direct deposits. For the third, the online calculators state we will get a portion again.

The IRS Get Payment tool gives me this notice:

"Payment Status - Not Available

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

- We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
- You're not eligible for a payment."

We have not have not filed for tax year 2020, so thought that may be the reason we are further down the line.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:43 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I posted a different link, but they are saying those receiving certain benefits like SS, SSI, SSDI are, mostly, last in line, so, I thinking don't count on getting it this week though some might.

Another article I found on the matter,

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/pers...w-to-track-it/

Part of the article:

"There could be a few other snags that cause delays as well. For example, the timeline for the stimulus payments that are funneled through the Social Security Administration, Railroad Retirement Board, and the Veterans Association is still unclear. This includes the payments to qualifying Americans who receive survivor or disability benefits (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits".

This is not the first time that Social Security recipients have had to wait for information on their stimulus payments. Some seniors waited a month or longer for the first round of stimulus checks
This is not the first time that Social Security recipients have had to wait for information on their stimulus payments. Some seniors waited a month or longer for the first round of stimulus checks.

The IRS has not given a firm date for when those stimulus payments would be issued, but noted that it is "working directly with the Social Security Administration, the Railroad Retirement Board, and the Veterans Administration to obtain updated 2021 information for recipients to ensure it is sending automatic payments to as many people as possible. More information about when these payments will be made will be provided on IRS.gov as soon as it becomes available."
Thanks for that article. I still don't under stand how the second payment went like clockwork, and now the third payment is back to the long delays of the first payment. Somebody is not doing a good job with this. I guess the old expression 'Third time's a Charm' doesn't apply to stimulus payments. LOL.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It will come, it sounds like yours will be delayed. As I told you my daughter did get hers. I could have sworn you did the get my payment with the 1st check.

Only suggestion I have is to keep going to the get my payment daily to see if it updates because it could.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll just keep checking my bank account balance, and looking for any snail mail notices that I should have received my payment. Right now, I'm just hoping that I get it by the end of the month. Otherwise I will be a bit close paying bills.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:30 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll just keep checking my bank account balance, and looking for any snail mail notices that I should have received my payment. Right now, I'm just hoping that I get it by the end of the month. Otherwise I will be a bit close paying bills.

Someone posted an article in one of the other threads. It's not looking good that people depending on social security will get it any time soon.

My friend who did the non-filer link for the 1st one has gotten it so I'm curious how many here that are waiting did not use the non-filer tool?

Third stimulus checks and Social Security: Reps ‘alarmed’ at lack of payments, speed for SSI, veterans

Quote:
However, we were alarmed to learn recently that most Social Security, SSI, RRB, and VA beneficiaries who are not required to file a tax return have not yet received their payments and that the IRS is unable to provide an expected timeline for these payments,” said Reps. Richard Neal (D-MA), John Larson (D-CT), Bill Pascrell (D-NJ) and Danny Davis (D-IL) in the letter sent earlier this week.

On Wednesday, the group sent a follow-up letter to Social Security Administration Commissioner Andrew Saul after learning the agency hasn’t sent the necessary payment files to the IRS, delaying the payments of nearly 30 million people.

“We are aware that the IRS asked SSA to start sending payment files two weeks before the American Rescue Plan became law on March 11, 2021,” they wrote Wednesday. “As of today, SSA still has not provided the IRS with the payment files that are needed to issue EIPs to these struggling Americans. We demand that you immediately provide the IRS this information by tomorrow, March 25, 2021.”

The IRS has not confirmed the official payment date. Social Security recipients will get the payment the same way they would normally receive Social Security benefits.

Third stimulus checks and SSI: What it means for Social Security recipients

Quote:
“For those who received EIP1 or EIP2 but don’t receive a payment via direct deposit, they will generally receive a check or, in some instances, a prepaid debit card (referred to as an “EIP Card). A payment will not be added to an existing EIP card mailed for the first or second round of stimulus payments,” the IRS said.

While the payment date for many recipients was March 18, a specific date for Social Security recipients has not been confirmed.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:52 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Someone posted an article in one of the other threads. It's not looking good that people depending on social security will get it any time soon.

My friend who did the non-filer link for the 1st one has gotten it so I'm curious how many here that are waiting did not use the non-filer tool?

Third stimulus checks and Social Security: Reps ‘alarmed’ at lack of payments, speed for SSI, veterans

Third stimulus checks and SSI: What it means for Social Security recipients
Thanks for reposting the link I put up earlier today. Here's a video of a youtuber reading directly from the letters.

Unfortunately politics also at play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFoqoDF7vng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdz7eH86pAE

Old 03-25-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Thanks for reposting the link I put up earlier today. Here's a video of a youtuber reading directly from the letters.

Unfortunately politics also at play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFoqoDF7vng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdz7eH86pAE
Thanks for those videos. The first one, pretty much told me everything I need to know. It's all political. When Trump told them to, his appointees got the checks out in two days. Now that Trump is gone, it's now two weeks, and they still don't have a timetable for getting the payments out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics