Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 04:30 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That's what I get too when I try that link. But I think I may have found what my problem is.

Direct Express Stimulus Check Update as Those on SSI, SSDI Still Awaiting Payment

So does that mean I can't receive the payment by my normal direct deposit, the way I receive all of my benefits? If that is the case, what a mess.

Do you have a direct express card? My daughter does not, she got it in her bank account. If you do not have that card, keep trying get my payment every few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
No.
Do you think our $250K income (thanks to Roth conversions) might be responsible?

Probably. about all you can do is to keep using the get my payment link to see if it gives you a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
No I haven't received my second or third. I qualify as well. I expect nothing from the government as they are incompetent and very poorly run.

Maybe someday I will get a check, but I am not holding my breath for anything! They are glad to take my tax money though and I get very little if anything in return!

You have to claim the 2nd on your 2020 taxes and if you do not get #3, claim on 2021 taxes. Best suggestion, keep trying the get my payment link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 05:16 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Do you have a direct express card? My daughter does not, she got it in her bank account. If you do not have that card, keep trying get my payment every few days.

You have to claim the 2nd on your 2020 taxes and if you do not get #3, claim on 2021 taxes. Best suggestion, keep trying the get my payment link
Yeah, I am claiming it on my taxes. Still not holding my breath. Look who we have in charge and have had in charge of our great country. Last great president was Eisenhower. Been all garbage ever since.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:27 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
No I do not have Direct Express. That is my problem. That link doesn't work for me.

Quote:
Since only current Direct Express card holders can receive the latest stimulus payment, SSI and SSDI recipients who don't receive federal benefits via Direct Express may have to wait longer to get their third stimulus payment.
I hope that is just badly written mis-information, but since it's now been 10 days, and I still haven't received the direct deposit for the third stimulus payment, and I received the direct deposit for the second payment in just two days, it's looking like that information is probably correct. Because I don't have a Direct Express card, I'm going to have to wait for it. But I'm still not sure what I'm even waiting for.

I think at this point I will just have to wait for the snail mail letter telling me what the hell they are doing with my payment.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
No I do not have Direct Express. That is my problem. That link doesn't work for me.

I hope that is just badly written mis-information, but since it's now been 10 days, and I still haven't received the direct deposit for the third stimulus payment, and I received the direct deposit for the second payment in just two days, it's looking like that information is probably correct. Because I don't have a Direct Express card, I'm going to have to wait for it. But I'm still not sure what I'm even waiting for.

I think at this point I will just have to wait for the snail mail letter telling me what the hell they are doing with my payment.

You said the link doesn't work for you. What error are you getting? Have you tried using a different browser or computer like the other person did?

Since it was given to you direct deposit, this one will probably be too. You may end up getting it at the end of the month like a few others. I think someone posted the 26th, so you should check your account the 26th and 27th.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:08 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
You said the link doesn't work for you. What error are you getting? Have you tried using a different browser or computer like the other person did?

Since it was given to you direct deposit, this one will probably be too. You may end up getting it at the end of the month like a few others. I think someone posted the 26th, so you should check your account the 26th and 27th.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:02 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
Quote:
No I do not have Direct Express. That is my problem...

You're on the Public Dole, right? You don't work for a living, right?

Old 03-22-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:

Don't give up, keep trying because you'll eventually get a message that it's coming. You got the 1st two so you qualify. As I said, my daughter on public assistance also got it.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:20 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
There is still a link. Just got to IRS.gov and it is right there on the front page - GET MY PAYMENT is the button to hit.

Everyone that I have asked already got theirs. I haven't gotten mine yet. When I go to check status it indicates:

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below. . .
Mine displayed the above for a week, then changed to:

Quote:
Payment Status - Not Available
We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
You're not eligible for a payment.
For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

You can check the application again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there's no need to check back more often.
At first glance, it seemed like a bad thing, but I remembered last year the "we don't have enough information yet" displayed and I still got my full stimulus.

Last edited by ddm2k; 03-22-2021 at 12:30 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 03:35 PM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Mine posted to my account on 3/19.

Old 03-22-2021, 03:58 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
You're on the Public Dole, right? You don't work for a living, right?
WOW!! Just wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics