Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 05:54 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Talk about an obsession just look at his posts day after day since 2016 ….

Is there anything positive? Nope not one post , it is always the same doom and gloom and rant towards the same stuff

Is there anything actionable by us ? Nope

Is there anything to teach us how to do better ? Nope

Is it the same anti fed and anti capitalism,anti investing rhetoric? Sure is.

And he calls me obsessive because i bust financial myths and Show people in actionable ways how to do better than the myths
Has the world improved after 2016?

We have a lethal contagion gone buck wild

A runaway inflationary economy and old rickety train drivers about to drive us off a cliff

Housing is more unaffordable for Millennials than ever before

The only way to make any money to keep up with the renegade inflation is by investing in a Shiba Inu digital representation of value

Let's not kid ourselves- Your actionable steps involve tactics I digged up from my grandfather's paperwork in the 1980s and 90s. If he were alive today he would probably be about 10 years older than you I'm guessing. He had random fixed income annuities, bonds and mutual funds lying around.

I think people of the "silent generation" due to their life experiences primarily preferred conservative investments and hard work. Well folks this isn't the 50s anymore hard work and fundamentals don't get you anywhere in this economy. Good Work is scant, everything is a gig, human capital is worthless and Credit Suisse, Deustche and others are right at the poker table along with the other gambling degenerates.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:01 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,430,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Has the world improved after 2016?

We have a lethal contagion gone buck wild

A runaway inflationary economy and old rickety train drivers about to drive us off a cliff

Housing is more unaffordable for Millennials than ever before

The only way to make any money to keep up with the renegade inflation is by investing in a Shiba Inu digital representation of value

Let's not kid ourselves- Your actionable steps involve tactics I digged up from my grandfather's paperwork in the 1980s and 90s. If he were alive today he would probably be about 10 years older than you I'm guessing. He had random fixed income annuities, bonds and mutual funds lying around.

I think people of the "silent generation" due to their life experiences primarily preferred conservative investments and hard work. Well folks this isn't the 50s anymore hard work and fundamentals don't get you anywhere in this economy. Good Work is scant, everything is a gig, human capital is worthless and Credit Suisse, Deustche and others are right at the poker table along with the other gambling degenerates.
It’s such a dangerous combination to think you know so much while knowing so little. You’re like a walking example of dunning Kruger.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:12 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Because people like to buy things they can't afford to pay cash for.
They are not supposed to pay cash, not now, not these days. Back in the day, it was the monarchies, nations that went into debt to finance war machines, soldiers, wealthy lifestyles. Often times these banking families financed both sides of a military conflict. Why loan monies to the well heeled, why not everyone? Be creative, overtime entice everyone into debt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

Old 05-06-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Who the heck is paying 19% on a mortgage or car loan? Those are cheaper now than at almost any time in history.
The principle still stands (pun intended)

Banks can borrow at near zero interest and their only restriction factor is having enough depositors to hedge against to meet FDIC requirements and ensure the "health" of the fractional reserve banking system.

They can then lend to you at 10% APR and pay you paltry 0.01% APY effectively making new money out of thin air through debt. How's that for double penetration?

And to add insult to injury you pay tax on your paltry Savings account gains. Now it's triple penetration. Sounds like one big jail cell to me

Old 05-06-2021, 06:14 AM

3,070 posts, read 2,400,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Your link does not bring up anything that has to do with what you are saying. Perhaps you pasted the wrong one. From the rest of your post, seems like you are from generation long ago. Your experiences are not applicable today.
It's the correct link--you have to select a few variables to see mortgages.

I'm 52. Some of the people I mentioned are older--but it takes time to pay off a house. Even those houses purchased for $5,000 to $10,000--it took time for the buyers to save up that much cash and time and effort to rehab the houses after spending the day or week at work.

That's part of the problem now--so many people want to live in hot neighborhoods in houses that are move-in ready. That's expensive!

Old 05-06-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
That's part of the problem now--so many people want to live in hot neighborhoods in houses that are move-in ready. That's expensive!
The problem is that in the 70s there were more affordable "working class" neighborhoods with family values and low crime.

Now there's only extremes. The ghetto or trailer park where you get shot or luxury high rises. Increasingly, not much in-between in many cities for a young couple just getting started with low capital or credit history.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:54 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
The principle still stands (pun intended)

Banks can borrow at near zero interest and their only restriction factor is having enough depositors to hedge against to meet FDIC requirements and ensure the "health" of the fractional reserve banking system.

They can then lend to you at 10% APR and pay you paltry 0.01% APY effectively making new money out of thin air through debt. How's that for double penetration?

And to add insult to injury you pay tax on your paltry Savings account gains. Now it's triple penetration. Sounds like one big jail cell to me
10% is still WAY too high for a mortgage or car loan from a bank. And if you object to the rates, there’s an easy way to avoid paying interest. Don’t borrow!

Old 05-06-2021, 06:56 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
The problem is that in the 70s there were more affordable "working class" neighborhoods with family values and low crime.

Now there's only extremes. The ghetto or trailer park where you get shot or luxury high rises. Increasingly, not much in-between in many cities for a young couple just getting started with low capital or credit history.
There are still plenty of affordable working class neighborhoods. Just not in the “cool” places a young couple may want to live like Boston or San Fran or Austin.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:04 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
It’s such a dangerous combination to think you know so much while knowing so little. You’re like a walking example of dunning Kruger.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:05 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:

Really …the crime in the 1970s here was off the hook as well as civil riots , race riots.

We had the highest unemployment since the Great Depression back then ..stock markets were declared dead after 20 years of going no where

Yeah times were just lovely back then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics