U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 03:45 AM

98,740 posts, read 97,920,173 times

Advertisements

The dead people in our family from covid would disagree
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 07:09 AM

7,614 posts, read 3,158,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The dead people in our family from covid would disagree
For most Americans it's not a problem until it affects them personally.

Maybe by end of this year when prices continue to get put of control people will finally wake up to what's happening.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:29 AM

13,440 posts, read 12,772,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
The Spanish Flu was not enough for the World to stop fighting, so I say the 600K just wasnt a big deal. What is happening with Covid-19 is all Govt induced. I am not convinced we really went through anything other than our crazy Govt playing its usual tricks on us.
You are going to believe what you want. However, losing 600,000 people is a big deal. Look at it this way. The population of the entire state of Wyoming was about 580,000 in the last census. Now, imagine that we lost the entire state of Wyoming because of a crisis and we only have forty-nine states now. Perhaps, that sounds like more of a "big deal" now.

There have been people who died of Covid 19 in a hospital who when informed by the hospital staff they had that disease told them "it was all a hoax". It doesn't make it any less real and it doesn't make the consequence less severe.

I suggest you check the timing of the Spanish Flu before you make a comment like "It didn't cause the world to stop fighting". The Spanish Flu occurred between 1918 and 1919. There was an armistice in World War I on November 11, 1918. There was more to it than the Spanish Flu, but the flu played a role.

The flu had major ramifications for our economy. The USA went into a period of inflation following World War I that was brought to an end by sharp cuts in government spending that, in turn, induced a short sharp recession that lasted from 1920-1921. There was also feeling of great relief when the Spanish Flu abruptly ended in 1919. Many believe that feeling of relief contributed to the "party like there is no tomorrow" atmosphere in the 1920's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics