Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 03:25 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Those running deer certainly knocked a whole lot off the net worth of those crypto holders that is for sure.
No what happens is the Whales attack each other, and those with long positions get wiped out of their positions. Due to leverage this triggers sell orders and a domino effect which activates limit sell orders even when people did not intend to give up their position.

If it was just the new people we'd be at 40-45k. The traders have gotten sidelined as they are trying to avoid the catch a falling knife scenario. Check Tether and other stable coin value. There's about $100B on the sidelines right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 03:26 PM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Irrelevant why …the price is the price

Old 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant why …the price is the price
It's relevant because this is not fair value, based on an incorrect interpretation of current events.

Old 06-08-2021, 04:22 PM

No…

The price is only what it is worth at any given time regardless of why ..there is no such thing as far value on Bitcoin .

The price is only what one can get for it at any point in time

Old 06-08-2021, 10:28 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
Quote:
Exhibit A
Bitcoin is not secure from govts that want to take it. Or perhaps hackers
Yes, which is a major blow to the tech-bros who thought it was anonymous and worldchanging. Turns out it's just another electronic investment vehicle. Or gambling share if you want to look at it that way.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:17 AM

If some of the smartest Hackers in the world made mistakes in protecting their bitcoins what chance does the average bitcoin owner have who knows little to nothing about what is really secure and what isn’t..

The answer is likely slim to none.

I like playing gbtc and yes I do mean playing as in a gamble …quite frankly I don’t give a hoot about the technology or the whys ..it is strictly a gambling vehicle ….. I simply care about the volatility of it for a trading vehicle..

It serves no purpose in my portfolio as a core holding .

Hopefully I will be out again today at a profit before it stumbles

Old 06-09-2021, 05:54 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/06/07/p...red/index.html

US recovers millions in cryptocurrency paid to Colonial Pipeline ransomware hackers

ALL BITCOIN TRANSACTIONS ARE FULLY TRACEABLE ON THE PUBLIC LEDGER!

This is misinformed and categorically false.

https://mashable.com/article/teen-tw...hacker-prison/

You can NOT easily hide your tracks without using several complicated coin mixers with low liquidity pools and painstakingly structuring transactions over MONTHS....
I am quite pleased that finally some effort is being made to "follow the money." I have always wondered, when I get those spam calls that interrupt my work such as the "Dealer Service Center" or informing me that I have won a free Marriott or Hilton stay, why law enforcement does not find a way to insert itself into the money trail. After all, the perpetrators, whether two-bit operatives such as the "Dealer Service Center" or the Colonial Pipeline hackers need to find a method to spend their ill-gotten gains in the legitimate economy. I cannot go to the neighborhood gas pump with a debit card full of bitcoins and expect to fill my car. Somehow the booty must be turned into "coin of the realm."

Old 06-09-2021, 06:29 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,430,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
It's relevant because this is not fair value, based on an incorrect interpretation of current events.
If the market is made up of….erm paper hands…aka dumb money now selling in your eyes, then why is anyone to believe the price before was the real long-term fair value? Weren’t these masses the same one driving up the frenzied greater fool buying that led to the higher price to start with?

Old 06-09-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
If the market is made up of….erm paper hands…aka dumb money now selling in your eyes, then why is anyone to believe the price before was the real long-term fair value? We’re these masses the same one driving up the frenzied greater fool buying?
Because when you have an asset class which is or was almost cult like in its following it has those involved drawing conclusions about things that don’t add up to what the rest of the world sees.

It is like a religion to them so they can argue for it all day whether facts say other wise or not

Old 06-09-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
If the market is made up of….erm paper hands…aka dumb money now selling in your eyes, then why is anyone to believe the price before was the real long-term fair value? Weren’t these masses the same one driving up the frenzied greater fool buying that led to the higher price to start with?
All the dumb money is currently out of the market. All the FUD has moved BTC primarily into institutional hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics