Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2021, 06:38 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Watch Heresy Financial on YouTube.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen
Yep, it won't happen because housing is not in a bubble compared to gold (or Joe Brown/Heresy Financial's funny example: rice). Housing is only in a bubble when priced in USD.
Quote:
A lot of people called for a re-test to some arbitrary amount, those calls will decrease as the medium evolves and fills complex needs for different market participants.

I've said this since 2019 but it took a global pandemic, unprecedented supply chain problems and incompetent US financial committees and regulatory actions...to FINALLY wake people up that the existing system is worthless and completely disconnected from reality.
That's what it took for me. These leaders are untrustworthy across the board. They are lying about any and everything. Nothing is connected to reality, chief of all the monetary system.

I expect BTC to crash after the next blow-off top, because most hodlers are speculators. They don't get Satoshi's original intent. That will be the time to buy with both hands and feet. I won't be selling a Satoshi am keeping some dry-powder on the side in preparation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 07:38 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,878,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
I expect BTC to crash after the next blow-off top, because most hodlers are speculators. They don't get Satoshi's original intent. That will be the time to buy with both hands and feet. I won't be selling a Satoshi am keeping some dry-powder on the side in preparation.
Due to the aforementioned societal issues, the discount will not be as deep as previous cycles. Worst case scenario If it tops at 120k bottom will probably be 75k. 250k would be a 125k bottom. I suppose if you have a 10+ year time horizon it's still a discount, but after this cycle it's mostly going to be a high performing stock/commodity vs an explosive new asset class.

The majority of billionaires in this sector by the end of this decade will be made from littler known alts like Vechain. Buy the railroad company, not the freight company.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:52 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,043,296 times
Quote:
Futures ETF speculation cannot alter standard commodity markets psychology forever.

If Futures trading manipulates the price to crash all these individuals are doing is warping the natural 4 year cycle and delaying the inevitable. They already understand there is a limited time to capitalize so they think rattling uneducated investors can bank them a couple billion more dollars in the short term.

But the macro backdrop hasn't changed. The fundamentals haven't changed. Leverage will keep crashing the market, until it doesn't anymore.

The short term price is irrelevant to me ,at this point my mind is at 2030 and the BTC is basically to live off interest payments. Most new people to this asset class can barely look beyond 2022.
Having just watched the below vid, which amazed and educated me; BTC should be viewed as a long term investment. But it's so much more, and can be trusted; as it's completely transparent...unlike state controlled money. While the below speaker only recommends a small % be used in your portfolio, I really am tempted to go 10%; as countries like Lebanon and Venezuela are almost being forced into alternatives to their worthless paper. The only reason BTC isn't already at 100K, is b/c so few truly understand it; or how the Fed Res is getting closer by the day to being checkmated by their own policies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALWQ5GAkF54

Old 10-21-2021, 10:18 AM

16,538 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
What makes Bitcoin different is the security of the blockchain. There are so may miners it is near impossible for a 51% attack. With smaller coins it is very easy to take over the chain. If I am making large transfers, I'd only trust Bitcoin or Ethereum currently.

https://www.crypto51.app/
But wasn't that exactly what was threatened by the miners not that long ago?
Some dismissed it as cutting off ones nose to spite their face, but that fact remains the blockchain is not invulnerable.

`

Old 10-21-2021, 10:28 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,303,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
If it was earnings. What's inflating stocks is debt and buy backs. What happens when the interest on that debt skyrockets?
When the debt gets too high to pay bankruptcy starts. Look up any of the railroads. Look up so many ex retailers from Office Max to Circuit City to Sears or Kodak. In Chapter 11 maybe a Chrysler had a chance to reorganize. There is a reason for the junk bond market that trades more like a stock. A company on the rebound may look great.

For homeowners on an adjustable rate if payments go up too much foreclosures start. Look up the Savings & Loan debacle.

For the stock buybacks used to be for owners of 10 or fewer shares. Not sure if this is still true in an era of M1 finance where you can own fractional shares. For some companies sending out so much mail to so many "investors" cost too much. Maybe in an electronic age this is no longer needed.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
When the debt gets too high to pay bankruptcy starts. Look up any of the railroads. Look up so many ex retailers from Office Max to Circuit City to Sears or Kodak. In Chapter 11 maybe a Chrysler had a chance to reorganize. There is a reason for the junk bond market that trades more like a stock. A company on the rebound may look great.

For homeowners on an adjustable rate if payments go up too much foreclosures start. Look up the Savings & Loan debacle.

For the stock buybacks used to be for owners of 10 or fewer shares. Not sure if this is still true in an era of M1 finance where you can own fractional shares. For some companies sending out so much mail to so many "investors" cost too much. Maybe in an electronic age this is no longer needed.
Yep to all the above. And for fixed loaners who think they are safe, when the defaults/foreclosures start and your house(s) value tank, and you're underwater, and your job is suddenly not safe, and government puts a moratorium on rents/evictions, and and and...

Old 10-21-2021, 04:39 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,025 times
Just a quick reminder that BitCON and other cryptos are literally nothing. Lol.

Old 10-21-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Due to the aforementioned societal issues, the discount will not be as deep as previous cycles. Worst case scenario If it tops at 120k bottom will probably be 75k. 250k would be a 125k bottom. I suppose if you have a 10+ year time horizon it's still a discount, but after this cycle it's mostly going to be a high performing stock/commodity vs an explosive new asset class.

The majority of billionaires in this sector by the end of this decade will be made from littler known alts like Vechain. Buy the railroad company, not the freight company.
I have been stacking VeChain for a while. Dark horse for real. Eth has really blown up my crypto portfolio. VeChain's market cap is already pretty high though.

I bought a little Solana and wish I bought a lot more haha.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:03 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Just a quick reminder that BitCON and other cryptos are literally nothing. Lol.
Just a reminder that bitcoin is currently trading at $62K, worth more than your car.

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. And it's coming to a store near you.
Quote:
Walmart has partnered with coin-cashing machine company Coinstar and crypto-cash exchange Coinme to install 200 Bitcoin (BTC) ATMs in its stores across the United States.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/200-b...-8000-in-total

Old 10-22-2021, 08:09 AM

Will we eventually stop thinking in whole-coiner terms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics